Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Masters Q Finals : Ronnie O'Sullivan v Marco Fu

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:Looks like I missed the entirety of this then...

Was Marco really poor or Ronnie good?

Ronnie started off brilliantly with ton in first frame, Marco leveled the match at 1-1 but Ronnie nicked frame 3. Frame 4 wasthe turning point as Marco had chances to level at 2-2 but let Ronnie in and Ronnie made a superb clerance which included some wonderful colours.

After MSI Ronnie didnt give him a look in, so yeah after MSI Ronnie played superbly, not much Marco could have done.

Overall good performance from Ronnie but things could have been diferent had he taken the 4th frame.

Postby NNear

Ronnie's safety play was supreme and he played well after the MSI without ever hitting top gear... made a clutch clearance at one stage too, and played positively as usual, but had a period of a few frames where he was all at sea. Marco Fu wasn't terrible but he was negative.
Last edited by NNear on 15 Jan 2015, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Jester82 wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Jester82 wrote:
Well, let's see how I respond when he celebrates his victory on Sunday, but bear this in mind: One day, your ringleader won't be not no more on Snooker stage. Well, it'll take decades for his disciples to recover from this loss, but after years, his memory will be lost in the shadows before the decay of time.
Good evening!

By the way Jester, are you enjoying Selby's season so far? I have a feeling this might be his season. I mean he already has a PTC under his belt.

I very much don't, but I respect his fatherhood and the sweet black ball, he knocked, which gave Selby the win and Ronnie the task to swim after Hendry's record.
But I am certain, I will hold the hands of his disciples at the funeral of his career, when Mozart's Requiem shall be performed. How heartbreaking...

Enjoy that moment mate because when Selby crashes out of the Worlds this April that will seem like a distant memory. :wave:

Exactly, not even the greats of the Game have been able to reverse the Crucible Curse so selby certainly wont, he will crash out and then as you say that will be a distant memory for his beloved fans like him :wave: Selby should watch the movie The Grudge, it's a great one to watch for first time Crucible winners rofl :clap:

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:He will laugh at this silly Crucible curse this May :wave:

Silly for you perhaps but Selby will sucumb to it like ALL have..its inevitable mate. Watch the movie The Grudge, you'll get my meaning <ok> :clap:

Postby Andy Spark

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
That's 15 wins in a row for Ronnie now <cool>

Yes, there is the possibility of a very significant run developing, but not really sure what the most relevant record would count as. Maybe 38 from Ronnie during the early qualifying days, but many of these were very easy wins against rubbish opposition. I would imagine the 36 consecutive ranking match wins of Hendry would surely have at least one non-ranking match loss sandwiched between them and therefore would not count as the record pro win run.

Postby Andre147

Andy Spark wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
That's 15 wins in a row for Ronnie now <cool>

Yes, there is the possibility of a very significant run developing, but not really sure what the most relevant record would count as. Maybe 38 from Ronnie during the early qualifying days, but many of these were very easy wins against rubbish opposition. I would imagine the 36 consecutive ranking match wins of Hendry would surely have at least one non-ranking match loss sandwiched between them and therefore would not count as the record pro win run.

Like I said earlier, hopefully Ronnie makes it 17 wins in a row.

And then his run can end at Crondon Park pmsl

Postby mantorok

I know it's easy to get carried away but if Ronnie takes the Masters this year then I can't see anyone challenging him at the worlds.

Sure I'm just speculating, but right now as it stands, all big Snooker events are currently turning into the Ronnie Show, he is again just showing a lot of consistency and he doesn't need to play his best to carve out a win.

Postby Andre147

mantorok wrote:I know it's easy to get carried away but if Ronnie takes the Masters this year then I can't see anyone challenging him at the worlds.

Sure I'm just speculating, but right now as it stands, all big Snooker events are currently turning into the Ronnie Show, he is again just showing a lot of consistency and he doesn't need to play his best to carve out a win.

Not so sure, if he wins this Masters, all of the BBC and Co will ANNOY him with the Triple Crown in same season and that will put pressure on Ronnie at Worlds. of course I want him to win this Masters, but it wont make the task at Crucible any easier.

Postby mantorok

Andre147 wrote:
mantorok wrote:I know it's easy to get carried away but if Ronnie takes the Masters this year then I can't see anyone challenging him at the worlds.

Not so sure, if he wins this Masters, all of the BBC and Co will ANNOY him with the Triple Crown in same season and that will put pressure on Ronnie at Worlds. of course I want him to win this Masters, but it wont make the task at Crucible any easier.

No it won't make it easier, but winning the Masters which is definitely now the 2nd most prestigious event will demonstrate a lack of challenge from the top 16 players.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 wrote:

Yes it could be a blessing in disguise if he doesn't win this week. However making the hat-trick in the same season is the one thing missing from his CV.

Postby TheRocket

Missed the entire match unfortunately, so far I've only watched the first frame where he broke the record. You probably have to say that Robbo is the biggest danger left in this tournament but first of all Robbo has to produce today which won't be that easy against a Carter, who can play without any big pressure. The man already won the biggest match/fight of his life.
Last edited by TheRocket on 15 Jan 2015, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:Missed the entire match unfortunately, so far I've only watched the first frame where he broke the record. You probably have to say that Robbo is the biggest danger left in this tournament but first of all Robbo has to produce today which won't be that easy against a Carter, who can play without any big pressure. The man already won the biggest match/fight of his life.

Yes I agree with what you say regarding Robbo and Carter.

However I would also put Allen in 2nd place as his most dangerous opponent. They have only met 3 times, but 2 of those went the way of Allen, including worlds 2009 and Masters 2011.

Postby TheRocket

Andre147 wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Missed the entire match unfortunately, so far I've only watched the first frame where he broke the record. You probably have to say that Robbo is the biggest danger left in this tournament but first of all Robbo has to produce today which won't be that easy against a Carter, who can play without any big pressure. The man already won the biggest match/fight of his life.

Yes I agree with what you say regarding Robbo and Carter.

However I would also put Allen in 2nd place as his most dangerous opponent. They have only met 3 times, but 2 of those went the way of Allen, including worlds 2009 and Masters 2011.

Yes, true, can't believe how I forgot to mention him. If he keeps playing like in the first round, he can be very dangerous.

Postby hendry_fan

I did,nt see the match,but,.........

CONGRATS TO RONNIE ON BREAKIN HENDRYS RECORD,HE IS NOW FOR SURE AT THIS PRESENT MOMENT IN TIME,...THE GREATEST BREAKBUILDER THE WONDERFUL GAME OF SNOOKER HAS EVER SEEN.

I will fully admit,at the stage where he was about 100 still behind Hendrys 775,i did think he might break it at some point,but at the same time i thought,it might just be too much to ask for,but he did,so,......

:clap: WELL DONE RONNIE!. :clap:

And,yes,i,m a wee bit dissapointed,but not that much,Hendry is at present the 2nd best breakbuilder there,s ever been,so that is still an amazing feat.

Very nice,humble words from Ronnie here by the way,.....

"Asked whether he thought Hendry should enter the World Championship this year, O'Sullivan replied: "I don't know how much he's enjoying his life away from snooker. When he was playing it was all about winning, where for me it's more about taking pleasure in my performance. If he's not winning, will he be able to take that? I'm not sure. I told him that maybe he needs to change his perspective and just look at snooker as something to do. I said 'who cares if you win, you've got seven world titles and you're the biggest legend snooker has ever had.' People just want to see him because he's Stephen Hendry, even if he loses 4-0. It's like when Maradona walks into the room - he's always going to be Maradona.

"I think that change in perspective is what it's going to take for him to want to play. But I think he misses being around the other players and competing in events. I'd love to see him play again and I think if he lowered his expectations then he would start winning, because he's such a great player - the best I've ever seen. But it's his decision, he's got his own way of doing things and he seems happy."

<ok> :clap:

Postby hendry_fan

TheRocket wrote:Good post Hendryfan. And yes, it's nice that Stephen and Ron really respect each other. I think that Ronnie has been saying since more than a decade that Hendry is the greatest player ever.

Thanks "The Rocket".! :-)

It would be brilliant if Hendry was to start competing again,the viewing figures would shoot up even more.

If he can,t be bovered to change his game,then he should stick to it,if there,s anything that he really should change which also might benefit him,then it,s his appoach to the game,he should at least try and take things a bit easier,like,or similar to how Davis treats it,if he trys that out,who knows,it could kick start the engine and get it flowing,he should at least give it ago,i mean,what has the dumplin been doin since he stopped playin,all he does is stuff his face with chinese,asian food and messes around with his mobile phone!. :irk:

COME ON STEPHEN,ENOUGH OF THE WAFFLIN AROUND IN CHINA,YOU,VE HAD A LONNNNNG ENOUGH BREAK,IT,S TIME TO GET BACK ON THE BAIZE YOU DUMPLIN!. :happy:

Postby TheRocket

Yeah, I think, it'd be great as well to see Stephen back but as Ronnie and Stephen himself obviously also mentioned several times, that winning is more important than anything to him and if he doesn't win he doesn't enjoy it. That's why I don't know how much he'll enjoy taking his cue and playing snooker again.

He needs to adopt the attitude of Steve Davis or Jimmy White a little bit but Stephen is a different character so let's see what he's gonna do.

Postby Wildey

it would be absolutely rubbish to see hendry play snooker ever again...

i hope to god that will never happen.

on another note ive read through some of whats gone on this afternoon on here its like kindergarten stuff please stop all this bullocks its child's play.

Postby hendry_fan

"He needs to adopt the attitude of Steve Davis or Jimmy White a little bit but Stephen is a different character so let's see what he's gonna do".

Yep,Jimmys similar.

Now that Ronnie has beaten Hendrys centuty record,that might give him motivation to go and try and snatch it back as well as some other records he,s snatched. <laugh>

I,m sure he could still knock in tons,right up to the moment where he retired,he still managed to knock them in and play an ok standard of snooker,he even shot a *147* at the age of 43,which is also a record he holds,being the oldest player ever to make one in a professional ranking tournament.

Anyway,enough of the specualting what could happen,as you say,we,ll just have to wait n see what happens.

Postby TheSaviour

Snooker Overdrive wrote:

Fu had a couple of chances before the interval but Ronnie pinched a big fourth frame and he didn't look back from there on. Overall strong performances from Ronnie much better than against Walden.

Yes.. O´Sullivan in Seventh Heaven.

Postby vodkadiet

Cannonball wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:Cannonball

You seem to be too stupid to realise that if you died this afternoon O'Sullivan would not care one iota, yet your whole existence is governed by whether or not this muppet can knock balls in pockets with a piece of wood!!!

What a sad loser you are.

All the greatest players eat meat. Vegan is for losers! Everyone thinks you're a vegan fruit (oh the oxymoron) and I cannot disagree.

rofl

The reason I didn't post this earlier is because I have only just quit gut laughing from watching your animal eating hero being taken to the cleaners by a player who only eats trill and lettuce leaves!!

rofl rofl rofl