Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Masters Semi Finals : Mark Allen v Shaun Murphy

Postby Skullman

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Murphy really turned things around since playing here at the same stage last year. I expect him to win this match now. He looks confident, strong and efficient. For the first time since 2009 I have the feeling that Murphy could win the World Championship :hatoff:

He'd still have to avoid certain players like Ronnie and Judd. Maybe Robbo as well, we'll see after tomorrow, assuming he gets there.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Skullman wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:Murphy really turned things around since playing here at the same stage last year. I expect him to win this match now. He looks confident, strong and efficient. For the first time since 2009 I have the feeling that Murphy could win the World Championship :hatoff:

He'd still have to avoid certain players like Ronnie and Judd. Maybe Robbo as well, we'll see after tomorrow, assuming he gets there.

I agree. However he seems to deal quite well with Selby (and Higgins a couple of years ago). Strange really.

Postby Skullman

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Wasn't Murphy on the verge of going out of the top 16 some time ago?

Murphy in this sort of form is a top 4 player.

No? He's been in and out of the top 8 recently, but never looked close to leaving the 16.

Postby NNear

Have to love how hungry Murphy is at the moment. In both the last two frames he's won, he was disappointed to not reach the century. He is demanding perfection of himself, but still Robbo is going to get him 10-7 ish in the final. Yes, pretty sure Murphy will win this semi-final.

Postby NNear

Skullman curious to know, who would you support in a final out of Robertson vs Murphy and do their current achievements matter (for example Robertson is the greater threat to Selby for being seen as the best of his generation, or maybe you don't care about such things).

Postby Snooker Overdrive

masterdoctorgenius wrote:i seriously think that murphy will win the trophy if he shows this kind of form.

And ding will get his chances. Selby, Robertson, Murphy, Maguire arent any young anymore. all over 31. Many players started to win less in their 30s.

Allen is gone. Cant buy a pot

I remember the 2010 UK quarter final match between Murphy and Robertson. Murphy won 9-7. I think it was Shaun's last big win over Robbo. Murphy is now playing like he did back then, probably even better.

Postby Skullman

Don't really care about that. If Selby ends up being the best of generation, I want it to be because he's the best, not because the others bottled it.

I always support Selby over everyone else, and Robbo over everyone else when Selby is out.