Topic locked

Re: Kreativ Dental German Masters Last 16 and QF Discussion

Postby TheRocket

But Murphy is becoming a real contender for the WC now. Mentally he seems to be as strong as ever and he has the game to do it. It'll be tough to beat him this year.

Definitely didn't expect anything like last year when he meet Ronnie.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:
TheRocket wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:After watching Ronnie for so many years, a loss in a tournament like this is really not important to me. This is just good practice. The important thing is he was playing well. The worlds, UK and Masters, thats what it's really all about.

Exactly. You know, I've been watching so much Snooker and thus Ronnie as well over the last 12 years and that's why I'm probably more relaxed about this than others.

It's truly a painful loss but if you look at all this in a bigger context, you'll see that Ronnies form going into the right direction and at the end of the day it'll be all about the WC. No doubt about that. And if he keeps playing like this, he'll lift his sixth world title in May.

I'm someone who saw the O'Sullivan Higgins match in 2006 and that felt like 50 times as painful as this today.

Indeed. That 2006 loss against Higgins, now THAT was painful!

Thank god I started watching snooker in August 2006 not January <laugh>

The 2005 masters final was brilliant though.. Best I've seen Ronnie play.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

masterdoctorgenius wrote:this just sucks right now.

all wonderful snooker from 0-2 for the garbage

Yeah but we Ronnie fans have been through much worse.

Ideally Ronnie will win one of the remaining tournaments before the Worlds (Welsh Open or World Grand Prix) and get himself in a great position to launch a powerful campaign to reclaim the World Title.

Postby Andre147

masterdoctorgenius wrote:Still in shock

what has ronnie to say after this one.

he's in decline so he'll retire rofl

But seriously, I don't think he can blame himself much, ok maybe just maybe shouldn't have gone for that last red, but that's Ronnie's natural instinct and had he knocked that in we would all be applauding what a brilliant red that was.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:I think it's great that the Ronnie fans here (unlike other certain fans I don't want to mention here) stick around after a tough defeat and don't go hiding <ok>

Couldn't agree more :spot on:

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Cloud Strife wrote:I expect Vodkadiet to come on soon to gloat over Ronnie's defeat.

It's funny really how many people who dislike Ronnie pop up here once Ronnie loses. Just for one or two posts laughing about Ronnie's misfortunes pmsl

vodkadiet might be to clever for that though, especially because he knows Ronnie has a good chance at winning the Worlds this year and any comment now could backfire

Postby Muppet147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Muppet147 wrote:4-4 in the Robbo - Maguire match.

Hopefully, we will have a Maguire - Liang final. Quite a faint hope, I know!

Another decider? What is going on today :dizzy:

Yeah, it's amazing.

Just a shame that they played them all at the same time so we only got to see one (admittedly very good) match.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Muppet147 wrote:4-4 in the Robbo - Maguire match.

Hopefully, we will have a Maguire - Liang final. Quite a faint hope, I know!

Another decider? What is going on today :dizzy:

In all honesty this is probably one of the best sessions in Snooker, with 4 Quarter-Finals going to a decider played at same time, and one of them even had an 147.

This session will long live in the memory of Snooker fans. Shame Ronnie lost his but it's been an incredible session of Snooker.