Topic locked

Re: Kreativ Dental German Masters Semi-Finals Discussion

Postby vodkadiet

At last Selby has woken from his slumber. He will be a strong contender at The Crucible make no mistake about that, along with Robertson, O'Sullivan, Murphy and Trump. I also would never rule out John Higgins, even if he isn't playing consistently well at the moment. It could be a great World Championship.

One word about this event. A great venue, but a shame that there were 4 great quarters last night and only one was televised.

Postby Muppet147

vodkadiet wrote:At last Selby has woken from his slumber. He will be a strong contender at The Crucible make no mistake about that, along with Robertson, O'Sullivan, Murphy and Trump. I also would never rule out John Higgins, even if he isn't playing consistently well at the moment. It could be a great World Championship.

One word about this event. A great venue, but a shame that there were 4 great quarters last night and only one was televised.

Yes, that was such a shame. Four matches all with deciding frames and we only got to watch one of them.

Postby vodkadiet

Muppet147 wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:At last Selby has woken from his slumber. He will be a strong contender at The Crucible make no mistake about that, along with Robertson, O'Sullivan, Murphy and Trump. I also would never rule out John Higgins, even if he isn't playing consistently well at the moment. It could be a great World Championship.

Yes, that was such a shame. Four matches all with deciding frames and we only got to watch one of them.

Muppet147; They would only have needed to start the tournament a day earlier and all the quarter finals could have been played on one table. The roll-on, roll-off was a good way of playing the quarter finals in standard ranking events.

Postby Skullman

Unfortunately the Tempodrom is a very popular venue and they can't get it for more than the five days they already have. At least we have 32 at the venue instead of cramming in 64 like last year.

Postby vodkadiet

Skullman wrote:Unfortunately the Tempodrom is a very popular venue and they can't get it for more than the five days they already have. At least we have 32 at the venue instead of cramming in 64 like last year.

Okay. I didn't realise that. I guess it is lazy television watchers like me complaining when the emphasis should be on people attending the venue. I think yesterday was a fluke that won't happen again for quite some time,.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:The Selby who won the World Title finally turned up this season. It will be a cracking final.

Hopefully, but I'll fancy Shaun nevertheless to win it.

Postby vodkadiet

masterdoctorgenius wrote:maguire could play freely now

nearly got back against trump at the UK

No chance anyone is going to beat Selby from 4 down with 5 to play in a major match.