Topic locked

Re: Kreativ Dental German Masters Semi-Finals Discussion

Postby Snooker Overdrive

vodkadiet wrote:At last Selby has woken from his slumber. He will be a strong contender at The Crucible make no mistake about that, along with Robertson, O'Sullivan, Murphy and Trump. I also would never rule out John Higgins, even if he isn't playing consistently well at the moment. It could be a great World Championship.

One word about this event. A great venue, but a shame that there were 4 great quarters last night and only one was televised.

Maybe it's just me but you seem to have matured these last couple of years. Don't you enjoy trolling about snooker anymore? :-D

Postby vodkadiet

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:
masterdoctorgenius wrote:maguire could play freely now

nearly got back against trump at the UK

No chance anyone is going to beat Selby from 4 down with 5 to play in a major match.

Hasn't Allen done that a couple of times in the past?

Good point. However, they were from 3 down with 4 to play.

Postby TheRocket

Skullman wrote:BBC pockets aren't that tight either. China definitely has the hardest pockets.

Yeah true but I have the feeling, since 2 or 3 years the pockets in the UK championship are really tight. I think, John Higgins even mentioned this once after one of his matches.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:And that's it. Selby played good overall, Mags very poor and 6:2 the consequent result.

Murphy Selby should be a very good final.

Agree, hopefully Shaun will win it as he's playing great, but Selby too will make it very hard for him. Anything less than 15 frames tomorrow would be disappoiting.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Selby saying he didn't expect much from this tournament. These are the tournaments he's the most dangerous. He's really the ultimate underdog.

yes he never performs well when amongst the favourites, well usually he doesn't anyway.

This year at Crucible he has no chance, defending champ first time and all that with the Curse. He won't break it, that much I'm sure, just a question of when he'll get knocked out there.