Post a reply

Re: BetVictor Welsh Open Final Discussion !!!

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Ayrshirebhoy wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:Still very disappointed that we didn't get a Higgins v Williams final. And it was probably the last chance for these two to meet in a big final.

im not so sure. still not convinced with this 'next generation'.

I think the next generation is fine: Robbo, Selby, Murphy, Maguire, (Ding)

It's the generation after these guys that are the problem. Trump is the last young player who broke through and that's 4 years ago.

Postby Ayrshirebhoy

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Ayrshirebhoy wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:Still very disappointed that we didn't get a Higgins v Williams final. And it was probably the last chance for these two to meet in a big final.

It's the generation after these guys that are the problem. Trump is the last young player who broke through and that's 4 years ago.

they are great players but robbo, selby and smurph only have 1 wc, for their age i think its poor. trump may come good and luca has stagnated the last 2 years aside from this tourney.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Ayrshirebhoy wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Ayrshirebhoy wrote:

they are great players but robbo, selby and smurph only have 1 wc, for their age i think its poor. trump may come good and luca has stagnated the last 2 years aside from this tourney.

I think they were just unfortunate to play in the same era as your and my favourite player. Ronnie and John are insatiable when it comes to titles and they don't like to share <laugh>

Postby mantorok

Holden Chinaski wrote:Where has Snookerfan been. Is he at the venue?

Yes, poor chap probably thought Ronnie might at least do well at defending his title rather than a cheating has-been vs rookie final lol

Postby Holden Chinaski

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:Where has Snookerfan been. Is he at the venue?

Yes he is.

Lets see if we can spot a fat balding guy it the audience. He's probably harassing some girl...

Postby Skullman

Jester82 wrote:
Skullman wrote:barring snookers.

That's your favourite words... :-) you always say that... :-)

Usually when I forget to say it, the other player starts getting snookers back.