Topic locked

Baic Motor China Open Wild Card and Last 64 Discussion !!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Monday 30th of March ~ Sunday 5th of April at the Beijing University Students Gymnasium

Ding Junhui Makes only his 2nd trip out of 4 Events to his Home Nation in a World Ranking event this season having lost first match in the Wuxi Classic and International Championship.

Mark Allen was the only top 16 casualty of the last 128 losing 5-1 to Michael Leslie.

With Players looking to sharpen up their Game ready for a shot at Mark Selby in Sheffield it promises to be a exciting event.

Who will still be involved after this round?

DRAW

Wild Card Round

Alex Davies v Zhao Xintong Never Played Before
Robin Hull v Yang Bingtao Never Played Before
Peter Lines v Yuan Sijun Never Played Before
Zhou Yuelong v Zhang Yong Never Played Before

Last 64

Ding Junhui v Marcus Campbell Ding Junhui leads 10-0
Kyren Wilson v Mark Davis Never Played Before
Mark Williams v Alex Davies/Zhao Xintong
Joe O'Connor v Michael Leslie Never Played Before
John Higgins v Yu Delu Never Played Before
Daniel Wells v Graeme Dott Dott leads 2-0
Peter Ebdon v Zhang Anda Never Played Before
Andrew Higginson v Judd Trump Trump leads 6-2
Barry Hawkins v Gerard Greene Hawkins leads 3-1
Jimmy Robertson v Dominic Dale Never Played Before
Ryan Day v Liam Highfield Never Played Before
David Morris v Stephen Maguire Maguire leads 4-0
Ricky Walden v Cao Yupeng Cao Yupeng leads 2-1
Gary Wilson v Liang Wenbo Wilson leads 1-0
Alan McManus v Jack Lisowski 1-1
Dechawat Poomjaeng v Neil Robertson 1-1
--------------------------------------------
Ronnie O'Sullivan v Robin Hull/Yang Bingtao
Jamie Burnett v Mark King King leads 2-0
Fergal O'Brien v Mike Dunn 2-0
Kurt Maflin v Allister Carter Maflin leads 1-0
Marco Fu v Ashley Carty Marco Fu leads 1-0
Jamie Jones v Matthew Stevens 1-1
Anthony McGill v Alfie Burden Bueden leads 2-1
Jamie Cope v Shaun Murphy Murphy leads 8-3
Stuart Bingham v Peter Lines/Yuan Sijun
Ken Doherty v Michael White White leads 3-2
Joe Swail v Zack Surety Swail leads 1-0
Nigel Bond v Robert Milkins 6-6
Joe Perry v David Gilbert Perry leads 4-3
Anthony Hamilton v Zhou Yuelong/Zhang Yong
Elliot Slessor v Matthew Selt Never Played Before
Mark Joyce v Mark Selby Never Played Before

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: China Open Wild Card and Last 64 Discussion !!!

Postby Wildey

Ronnie O'Sullivan has pulled out of the China Open apparently for health reasons giving a walk over to the last 32 for Robin Hull or Yang Bingtao

Postby Wildey

Cloud Strife wrote:
Wildey wrote:Ronnie O'Sullivan has pulled out of the China Open apparently for health reasons giving a walk over to the last 32 for Robin Hull or Yang Bingtao

Sensible decision imo. <ok>

a bit of a bottler if you ask me

Postby hendry_fan

Wildey wrote:Ronnie O'Sullivan has pulled out of the China Open apparently for health reasons giving a walk over to the last 32 for Robin Hull or Yang Bingtao

<laugh> WHAT A SURPRISE!!. <laugh>

"Health reasons"!,wtf is wrong with him now?,more like he can,t be fussed. :td: :roll:

Postby Cloud Strife

armchair de critique wrote:Devaluation of the China Open.

Bad for sponsor, bad for fans, bad for the sport.

He can have no excuses come Sheffield.

Waiting now to hear he is booked solid playing exhibitions whilst CO is on.

:gag:

Might as well cancel the China Open now, no point going ahead with it. It's been so devalued by the withdrawal of ROS the winner will need to have at least a dozen asterisks next to their name, and even that may not be enough to show how pointless this event has now become. :wave:

Postby Cloud Strife

hendry_fan wrote:

"Health reasons"!,wtf is wrong with him now?,more like he can,t be fussed. :td: :roll:

Not going to bother engaging in one of your frequent trolling sessions, but I will say your comments display a huge amount of ignorance.

Postby Cloud Strife

armchair de critique wrote:... Just don't be an apologist if he does poorly in Sheffield. He will be fully rested. Anyway him not going is not much different when compared with some of the odd performance's he has provided in China in the past:

Vs Fu

Vs Tian Penfei

At least we got the entertainment value out of those Fu and Pengfei matches. Sadly we won't even get that this time, but if the man is ill, then he is ill and it should be left at that.

I do agree though, no excuses come Sheffield. <ok>

Postby PoolBoy

And some folk still maintain he's the best player snooker's ever had! True colours prevail.
The man's an embarrassment and uses snooker when it suits him. No ambassador.

The annuls of time will tell that he's not fit to chalk the cue of some of the game's true greats, like Hendry.
Will Shaun Murphy etc be quitting?! Of course not! They're professional snooker players.
This is typical of Ronnie - utterly predictable and sadly, quite pathetic.

He just can't be bothered - he's in a helluva bad place and I wish him well in his recovery.
But, place-your-bets, he's going to be uninterested in Sheffield - maybe a 1st Round casualty...if he even turns up.

Postby armchair de critique

Cloud Strife wrote:
armchair de critique wrote:... Just don't be an apologist if he does poorly in Sheffield. He will be fully rested. Anyway him not going is not much different when compared with some of the odd performance's he has provided in China in the past:

Vs Fu

Vs Tian Penfei

At least we got the entertainment value out of those Fu and Pengfei matches. Sadly we won't even get that this time, but if the man is ill, then he is ill and it should be left at that.

I do agree though, no excuses come Sheffield. <ok>

Yes they were incredibly entertaining. <ok>

Postby Tamctus

I don't mind Ronnie pulling out at all. Robin has a pretty favourable draw now to progress to quarters. First wildcard Yan Bingtao (who is a ver capable player!), then Burnett/King and in R3 O'Brien/Dunn/Maflin/Carter. I don't see any hot players there.
Fingers crossed, a quarter-final run is pretty much what Robin needs to retain his tour card.

Postby hendry_fan

Cloud Strife wrote:
hendry_fan wrote:

Not going to bother engaging in one of your frequent trolling sessions, but I will say your comments display a huge amount of ignorance.

Well you just did "bother"!. :-D

You can think what you want about my comments,if you don,t like them,then don,t bother with em. :wave:

I merely stated in this comment that i thought Ronnie is,nt goin to China cause he simply can,t be bovered,it aint the first time he,s called things off.

But if he indeed has withdrawn due to health reasons,then,i,ll take this one back and say i,m sorry!. :-)

Postby ttol

Ayrshirebhoy wrote:The question is, did he pull out to be rested for the worlds or is he fed up with snooker again?

He is sulking from some of the bruising defeats he's had lately, by Trump last week and when he got taken apart by Robertson at the masters. That one got to him especially I think...

Postby Wildey

Tamctus wrote:I don't mind Ronnie pulling out at all. Robin has a pretty favourable draw now to progress to quarters. First wildcard Yan Bingtao (who is a ver capable player!), then Burnett/King and in R3 O'Brien/Dunn/Maflin/Carter. I don't see any hot players there.
Fingers crossed, a quarter-final run is pretty much what Robin needs to retain his tour card.

Wishful thinking mate

Postby Wildey

ttol wrote:
Ayrshirebhoy wrote:The question is, did he pull out to be rested for the worlds or is he fed up with snooker again?

He is sulking from some of the bruising defeats he's had lately, by Trump last week and when he got taken apart by Robertson at the masters. That one got to him especially I think...

yea the Robertson defeat i think hurt him more than any other defeat this season and since then the signs are he is getting more and more anxious.

by the time the WC Comes around he would have been 5 months since he won anything

Postby TheRocket

I think, the Murphy match hurt him a lot more. Neal Foulds I think said that Ronnie spoke with him a lot about that particular match against Murphy. He was playing great Snooker in the German Masters and still lost. The Masters was a different thing. He was playing relatively poor throughout the whole tournament and a defeat was kinda predictable.

Playing great and losing is much harder to accept than playing rubbish and losing.

But this is history now and as some people said. It's likely he's skipping the CO for the sake of having better chances in the WC.

Postby Andy Spark

In a weird way I'm glad Ronnie isn't going over to China, more chance of Ronnie putting his hand in his pocket and giving me my £50 back. :party:

Postby SnookerFan

What happened? Did he go out for a run, and happen upon Monique?

No wonder he isn't up for the job. :sad:

Postby Wildey

vodkadiet wrote:O'Sullivan doesn't like flying, and I wonder if he has bottled it after what happened this week in The Alps?

It is understandable.

Good point