Topic locked

Baic Motor China Open Quarter Finals Discussion !!

Postby Skullman

Image Image Image
Monday 30th of March ~ Sunday 5th of April at the Beijing University Students Gymnasium

So as the field is reduced to 8 players. we have a real mix of players left in the draw.

We have the reliable top players, Masters Champion Shaun Murphy and World Champion Mark Selby. We have the improving four time World Champion John Higgins. We have two top players looking to end a run of bad results in Ding Junhui and Barry Hawkins. And two less experienced players, only in their second rankig quarter finals in Gary Wilson and Kurt Maflin.

Also Robert Milkins.

Who will make it to the last four?

DRAW

Quarter Finals

Ding Junhui v John Higgins Ding leads 8-7
Barry Hawkins v Gary Wilson Hawkins leads 2-0
--------------------------------------------
Kurt Maflin v Shaun Murphy 1-1
Robert Milkins v Mark Selby Selby leads 5-2

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: Baic Motor China Open Quarter Finals Discussion !!

Postby PoolBoy

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Selby needs to win his match tomorrow to officially go into the Worlds as the current World No. 1.

Ding can surpass Robbo tomorrow and be seeded as No. 3 in the lower section of the Crucible draw. That probably would be an disadvantage for him though.

That's a good point! Ding will put himself into an 'arguably' harder section of the draw in Sheffield by winning his next game!
To quote " Snookerfan", discuss....! <laugh>

Postby hendry_fan

SnookerFan wrote:I dunno how much I'll get to see this weekend either. I always seem to be busy when there's snooker on.

If it were up to me, the world would halt when there was snooker on.

Well if you,d cut down on goin to the pub,fast food shops,the supermarket,sex cinemas,watchin desperate housewives,you,d have more time to see snooker !. :no: <laugh>

Postby hendry_fan

SnookerFan wrote:So much for that Williams vs Judd match.

Yep,shocking results for Mark and Judd, the pair o them <only> got to the last 16 this time,yep,thats a sign of decline for Mr Willams n Trump!. :-D

Postby SnookerFan

You know, it strikes me that I don't think I've seen a best of nine all bloody season. I don't seem to have taped much during the week in the China event this year I didn't watch the end of Higgins vs Tramp last night as I knew the result.

Still, hopefully I'll get to see the end of whomever is on television this morning.