Topic locked

Re: Baic Motor China Open Quarter Finals Discussion !!

Postby Dan-cat

I prefer to watch it live but often can't. I do sometimes attempt to avoid all media/ Twitter / SI so I can watch it without knowing the result. I did that with the UK final this year on the iplayer. It's really hard though. I have to text my two snooker buddies and tell them not to text anything about the result. Cue loads of texts saying 'Ronnie got a 147!!!!' But I never know if they are winding me up or not!

Postby armchair de critique

Clara8633 wrote:
armchair de critique wrote:
Clara8633 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:You know, it strikes me that I don't think I've seen a best of nine all bloody season. I don't seem to have taped much during the week in the China event this year I didn't watch the end of Higgins vs Tramp last night as I knew the result.

Still, hopefully I'll get to see the end of whomever is on television this morning.

personally I hate watching non-LIVE snooker unless its archive footage. Snooker has to be watched live for me. <ok>

I usually watch snooker non-live, since I never have enough spare time to watch a match all in one go.

that's a terrible shame <ok>

I am the same with football and cricket, in fact pretty much all sport is terrible for me unless its live <ok>

It's not a shame - I don't mind watching it non-live. I could watch a last year's match and still enjoy it.

oh :|

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Ronnie running around talking some rubbish, advertising the World Championship.

What's he saying and where?

On the Eurosport commercial. He says it's a marathon not a sprint. Something about how much he likes running.

Eurosport remind you that The Crucible is soon.

Postby Skullman

Dan-cat wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Ronnie running around talking some rubbish, advertising the World Championship.

Basically he's running around in gloomy lighting saying stuff like it's a 'marathon not a sprint' and other stuff that could apply to running or the Worlds. It's an ad on ES.

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Hello referee. :evilgrin:

I miss Michaela.

I think we need some kind of support group to get over her. Did I tell you about the time my mate and I met her and asked for a picture? We were grinning our heads off and she said 'you lads are easily pleased!' Such a lovely woman.

Postby Dan-cat

Skullman wrote:
Basically he's running around in gloomy lighting saying stuff like it's a 'marathon not a sprint' and other stuff that could apply to running or the Worlds. It's an ad on ES.

I must have missed it chatting on here.

Crackin higgo clearance btw!

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:I think we need some kind of support group to get over her. Did I tell you about the time my mate and I met her and asked for a picture? We were grinning our heads off and she said 'you lads are easily pleased!' Such a lovely woman.

First time I met her, I got my mate to take a photo of us. I told her she was the best referee. She cheekily asked if best meant prettiest. I said she was prettier than Jan.

Second time, I'd started getting players autographs in a book. I saw her across the foyer at Wembley Arena. I shouted, "MICHAELA!" She turned round to see some fat guy making a bad attempt at running towards her. I arrived, panting, going; "Can I have your autograph?"

Postby SnookerFan

Skullman wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:

I really wasn't feeling The Crucible this year. But now I've seen Ronnie going for a run, I'm really psyched.

SnookerFan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:When you watch snooker do you sit in an armchair, armchair?

And does he critique it? :evilgrin:

rofl

today I am watching via SkyGo on my PC, sat at a dinner chair.

If you want to reduce the number of characters you press when talking to me, you may address me as: ADC :wave:

Does that help you at all ? :gag:

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:Hahaha SF :) Jan is pretty handsome though. And tall.

One time, I was waiting for Michaels to come out of the player's entrance of The Crucible. Jan happened to pop out for a fag. I went up to him to ask when Michaela was coming out. He said she was just doing some TV work.

Anyway, I thought I'd better say something nice about him. So I blurted out; "My mum likes you."

He was like; "Ahhh, thanks."

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:When you watch snooker do you sit in an armchair, armchair?

And does he critique it? :evilgrin:

rofl

today I am watching via SkyGo on my PC, sat at a dinner chair.

If you want to reduce the number of characters you press when talking to me, you may address me as: ADC :wave:

Does that help you at all ? :gag:

Hahaha it does. I'd rather call you Armchair though.

I'm watching on my MacBook in bed. Watching snooker in bed is my third favourite thing to do in here :)

SnookerFan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:Hahaha SF :) Jan is pretty handsome though. And tall.

One time, I was waiting for Michaels to come out of the player's entrance of The Crucible. Jan happened to pop out for a fag. I went up to him to ask when Michaela was coming out. He said she was just doing some TV work.

Anyway, I thought I'd better say something nice about him. So I blurted out; "My mum likes you."

I had my photo taken with Leo one year in Sheffield. Not sure if anyone saw that photo, but it really was the highlight of the whole championship. :wave:

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:One time, I was waiting for Michaels to come out of the player's entrance of The Crucible. Jan happened to pop out for a fag. I went up to him to ask when Michaela was coming out. He said she was just doing some TV work.

Hahahahaha :) I can't stop giggling at that