Post a reply

Baic Motor China Open Final Discussion !!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Monday 30th of March ~ Sunday 5th of April at the Beijing University Students Gymnasium

World Champion Mark Selby is through to his 3rd China Open final and as yet hes not won any. In 2011 he lost 10-8 to Judd Trump and in 2013 he lost 10-6 to Neil Robertson. This year he will play Gary Wilson in his first ever Final as a proffesional.

Who will win?

DRAW

Final

Gary Wilson v Mark Selby

HEAD TO HEAD SELBY LEADS 3-0

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: Baic Motor China Open Final Discussion !!!

Postby Wildey

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Hopefully Gary will do better than Wollaston in the Welsh Open final.

Woollaston was more used to high profile matches than Wilson is but ive never really rated Ben's Bottle when it came to playing top players, Gary we dont know much about when it comes to playing high profile matches this week has come out of nowhere really on the back of a Welsh Open Quarter Final.

Postby Clara8633

Wildey wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:Hopefully Gary will do better than Wollaston in the Welsh Open final.

Woollaston was more used to high profile matches than Wilson is but ive never really rated Ben's Bottle when it came to playing top players, Gary we dont know much about when it comes to playing high profile matches this week has come out of nowhere really on the back of a Welsh Open Quarter Final.

I think Gary Wilson will show more bottle than Woollaston did in his final.

Postby Skullman

Didn't see any of the match from 4-3, but fair play Gary.

Selby has to be favourite, but Wilson has beaten a string of top players to get here and looks like he didn't bottle in his first ever semi.

Hope his performance isn't a fluke as new faces are always good. Too many good but inconsistent player these days. Woollaston never followed up, neither did Luca, and so far neither has White. That said, I hope he loses tomorrow.

Postby Wildey

Skullman wrote:Didn't see any of the match from 4-3, but fair play Gary.

Selby has to be favourite, but Wilson has beaten a string of top players to get here and looks like he didn't bottle in his first ever semi.

Hope his performance isn't a fluke as new faces are always good. Too many good but inconsistent player these days. Woollaston never followed up, neither did Luca, and so far neither has White. That said, I hope he loses tomorrow.

The Top 16 seeds at the Crucible this season is almost the same as last season the only difference Mark Williams replacing Mark Davis basically a 40 year old replacing a 40 year old young players aren't coming through at all to be consistently fighting for titles.

Postby Wildey

tomorrow sees the start of a run of 144 matches where the shortest match will be best of 19 frames :happy: :happy: :happy:

Postby hendry_fan

Skullman wrote:Didn't see any of the match from 4-3, but fair play Gary.

Wasley is another that just sprung to mind,he too also has,nt stamped his authority.

Would be great if Wilson were to come through and not fade away or go up n down in form like a yo-yo,like many newies have.

It,s high time that the newies started to make a mark and above all,be more consistent,as you say,new faces are always good.

That said,I still hope Selbs wins tomorrow too though,but if he were to lose,i would,nt be disappointed.

Come on Mark. :-D

Postby LC

Wilson looks assured in the balls and doesn't look like choking, seen him beat Robertson this season ding and other higher ranked players, but the test is tomorrow, selby wIll make him earn it tomorrow, so if he comes through he will the potential to be a top player. Can't see it tho!