Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship (Wed April 29th) Quarter-Fina

Postby pasunegirafe

Pink Ball wrote:
AC or LT? wrote:
Skullman wrote:
Ayrshirebhoy wrote:Whatever happened to that guy cannonball who kept posting bunny pics during last years final?

Banned. Permanently.

Has he been allowed back under the guise of Pink Ball in a similar vein to how Jewell and Smart reappeared?

I'm not a Ronnie O'Sullivan fan :irk:

How did you know he was a Ronnie fan? *cue Twilight Zone music

Postby Pink Ball

pasunegirafe wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
AC or LT? wrote:
Skullman wrote:
Ayrshirebhoy wrote:Whatever happened to that guy cannonball who kept posting bunny pics during last years final?

Banned. Permanently.

Has he been allowed back under the guise of Pink Ball in a similar vein to how Jewell and Smart reappeared?

I'm not a Ronnie O'Sullivan fan :irk:

How did you know he was a Ronnie fan? *cue Twilight Zone music

I don't know. Maybe it was the obnoxious pro-Ronnie posts that he used to litter these pages with when I was reading them :irk: that was probably what gave it away

Postby Andre147

vodkadiet wrote:O'Sullivan would have won had he won the last frame this afternoon. He was one ball from being 9-7 up, and Bingham was a different player tonight. He was in the zone.

Robertson also put himself under too much pressure. Hawkins had no pressure on him, and just seems to a perfect groove at The Crucible.

Trump may find the pressure too much, and I take Murphy to win from here.

Yeah Vodka I agree, looking back, I didnt think the last frame of 2nd session would have much impact because 8-8 was very good considering how he started, but yeah looking back now that probably cost him the match.

With a 9-7 lead, especially the way Bingo would have lost that frame after being well in front, could have dent his confidence.

It's all history now though, and what matters is Ronnie had chances in 3rd session but didnt take them.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:O'Sullivan would have won had he won the last frame this afternoon. He was one ball from being 9-7 up, and Bingham was a different player tonight. He was in the zone.

Robertson also put himself under too much pressure. Hawkins had no pressure on him, and just seems to a perfect groove at The Crucible.

Trump may find the pressure too much, and I take Murphy to win from here.

Yeah Vodka I agree, looking back, I didnt think the last frame of 2nd session would have much impact because 8-8 was very good considering how he started, but yeah looking back now that probably cost him the match.

With a 9-7 lead, especially the way Bingo would have lost that frame after being well in front, could have dent his confidence.

It's all history now though, and what matters is Ronnie had chances in 3rd session but didnt take them.

So MDG was right pmsl However he says that after every missed pot from Ronnie

Postby Andre147

Holden Chinaski wrote:I think Ronnie can win the title again. Why not? If he wants it, and does the practice required, he can do it. I'm just not sure if he's still willing to put all the hard work in on the practice table...

If he's head is not in the right place, doesn't matter how much hard work and practice hours he puts in, he will alwasy lose.

Shame Steve Peters wasn't around this time, but his issues I'm sure aren't just Snooker related, must be also something with his family, his kids, parents, I dont know. Just know his head was all screwed up this time.

This isn't an excuse, but it did play a part.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Andre147 wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:I think Ronnie can win the title again. Why not? If he wants it, and does the practice required, he can do it. I'm just not sure if he's still willing to put all the hard work in on the practice table...

If he's head is not in the right place, doesn't matter how much hard work and practice hours he puts in, he will alwasy lose.

Shame Steve Peters wasn't around this time, but his issues I'm sure aren't just Snooker related, must be also something with his family, his kids, parents, I dont know. Just know his head was all screwed up this time.

Fair point.

Postby pasunegirafe

Andre147 wrote:If he's head is not in the right place, doesn't matter how much hard work and practice hours he puts in, he will alwasy lose.

Wasn't he in the dressing room? That's what I heard on the BBC.

Postby Andre147

pasunegirafe wrote:
Andre147 wrote:If he's head is not in the right place, doesn't matter how much hard work and practice hours he puts in, he will alwasy lose.

Wasn't he in the dressing room? That's what I heard on the BBC.

Was he?

Well if he was he didn't do a great job at all so Ronnie should just fire him now pmsl

Postby Snooker Overdrive

vodkadiet wrote:The dream of 8 world titles is just about impossible now.

That's OK. When I started watching snooker Ronnie was sitting at 2 world titles and Hendry's 7 seemed like a untouchable superhuman milestone. Now Ronnie sits at 5, one more than Higgins and three more than MJW. I never dreamed of Ronnie getting where he is now back then. Another one would be very nice, yes but Ronnie beating Hendry's 7 was never even on my radar.

Postby Cloud Strife

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:Tonight feels like the end of an era.

Even if it is: Ronnie winning the UK for a fifth time 21 years after his first and making it 5-5-5 in the majors by beating Trump in a decider is the perfect ending in my opinion. :hatoff:

Don't get me wrong, Ronnie has achieved everything there is to achieve. Winning the UK in the manner that he did is a fitting end to his major winning days, if that is the case, as you said.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:

Even if it is: Ronnie winning the UK for a fifth time 21 years after his first and making it 5-5-5 in the majors by beating Trump in a decider is the perfect ending in my opinion. :hatoff:

It couldn't have been nicer SO... :D If it's to end, then boy it ended on a high with that marvelous win.

I still think though that even if he doesn't win another Worlds, another Masters and/or UK title is certainly well within his range, especially a Masters one.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Cloud Strife wrote:
Skullman wrote:

Taking Robbo's defeat a little hard aren't you?

I don't know, I just feel empty.

Me too. But it's always like this shortly after Ronnie crashes out Worlds. For me the worst year was 2009 as I was dead certain he would defend the title. 2010 wasn't nice either :irk:

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Skullman wrote:

Me too. But it's always like this shortly after Ronnie crashes out Worlds. For me the worst year was 2009 as I was dead certain he would defend the title. 2010 wasn't nice either :irk:

2010 was worse than 2009, because Selby had just beaten Ronnie the way he did at Masters, so I badly wanted Ronnie to get revenge but no, Ronnie lost it again, and again he had a good advantage, something like 7-4.

But let's not dwel on sad memories shall we... as you said, just remembering the UK Final makes me feel happy already. :-D
Last edited by Andre147 on 30 Apr 2015, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Cloud Strife

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Skullman wrote:

1999 was pretty bad too. There was already talk from some quarters that Ronnie might do a Jimmy and never win the big one. And he had played so well too, it's just that bad opening session which cost him dear against Sourface.