7%
Other (state in comments)
No votes
None
No votes

Total votes : 30

New world champions this decade

Postby Juddernaut88

Snooker during the modern era (1970s onwards) has always seen a few new world champions in a decade. In the 2010s we had 4 new world champions Neil Robertson, Mark Selby, Stuart Bingham and Judd Trump. There were 5 in the 2000s Mark Williams, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Peter Ebdon, Shaun Murphy and Graeme Dot.

Which players do people feel can achieve it this decade? or will this be the 1st decade where we don't have a new world champion? I've listed 9 players and allowing people to vote for 2 players on the list.
Last edited by Juddernaut88 on 02 May 2023, edited 2 times in total.

Re: New world champions this decade

Postby Holden Chinaski

Judd Trump has raised snooker to a new level and he's better than Hendry and Ronnie, so I expect him to win just about every championship for the next ten years.

Postby Sickpotter

Holden Chinaski wrote:Judd Trump has raised snooker to a new level and he's better than Hendry and Ronnie, so I expect him to win just about every championship for the next ten years.

pmsl

Postby Iranu

Cloud Strife wrote:Why is Jimmy White not one of the options in this poll?

The poll says “likely”. Not “certain”.

Postby Juddernaut88

Cloud Strife wrote:Why is Jimmy White not one of the options in this poll?

Jimmy White is way past it and needs to retire.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Pink Ball wrote:Ding is of course a certainty, and Bingtao is very likely as well. I think Kyren Wilson may win it too at some point

Ding will NEVER win it.
NEVER EVER !!!
So stop with the Ding crap. :td:

If he couldn't do it when he was practicing harder and was completely focused on snooker, how on Earth do u expect him to do it now, when he's not practicing as hard and his mind is more focused on other things (like his family) ?!???????????????
Oh, and he's mentally weak. The end.

Bingtao is the most likely cause he is very young and has time on his side.

Postby HustleKing

Disappointed you can't vote for multiple options as there will most likely be multiple winners. Anyway, the easiest way to predict this is to state that out of that list, Ding, Allen,Maguire, Carter and Brecel are near certainties not to win it (for a variety of reasons such as age, current ability, no previous final appearances for some, motivation and ability to deal with expectation)

Postby Pink Ball

Johnny Bravo wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:Ding is of course a certainty, and Bingtao is very likely as well. I think Kyren Wilson may win it too at some point

Ding will NEVER win it.
NEVER EVER !!!

If he couldn't do it when he was practicing harder and was completely focused on snooker, how on Earth do u expect him to do it now, when he's not practicing as hard and his mind is more focused on other things (like his family) ?!???????????????

Johnny, buck off.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Pink Ball wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:

Ding will NEVER win it.
NEVER EVER !!!

Johnny, buck off.

Answer my question and stop pretending like you're an Oracle or something.
Given that at the moment he's not investing as much in snooker, how can he win it ?!?????? :irk:

Postby Pink Ball

Johnny Bravo wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:

Ding will NEVER win it.
NEVER EVER !!!

Johnny, buck off.

Answer my question and stop pretending like you're an Oracle or something.
Given that at the moment he's not investing as much in snooker, how can he win it ?!?????? :irk:

I don't need to answer. I may as well ask you how can Judd Trump win the 2019 World Championship. It's done.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Pink Ball wrote:Johnny, buck off. When the 2020 World Championship is held, he will win it.

Here's an idea. If you're so confident he will, let's bet on it.
I'll put up 100 $ (don't know exactly how many Irish pounds that is) that he doesn't win it.
We can even drop that to a symbolic 10 $ if it seems too much for you .

Do we have a bet ?

Postby Acé

Pink Ball wrote:I don't need to answer. I may as well ask you how can Judd Trump win the 2019 World Championship. It's done.

That's because Judd Trump is Judd Trump. Ding Junhui isn't Judd Trump, he's Ding

Postby Holden Chinaski

Acé wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:I don't need to answer. I may as well ask you how can Judd Trump win the 2019 World Championship. It's done.

That's because Judd Trump is Judd Trump. Ding Junhui isn't Judd Trump, he's Ding

Just wait until Ding gets

laser

eye

surgery.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Acé wrote:As for this thread Brecel will defo be a WC champ

Kyren, unfortunately

others I doubt

Ding will never win it he's too mentally weak

Ding has won 14 rankers including 3 UK Championships, you banker. Show some respect.

Postby Acé

Holden Chinaski wrote:

Kyren, unfortunately

others I doubt

Ding has won 14 rankers including 3 UK Championships, you banker. Show some respect.

Has nothing to do with being a WC champion

Postby Holden Chinaski

Acé wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:

Kyren, unfortunately

others I doubt

But it does prove he's far from mentally weak.

Postby Acé

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Acé wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:

Kyren, unfortunately

others I doubt

But it does prove he's far from mentally weak.

He's not mentally weak outside WC

He's mentally weak inside WC

Postby Acé

Ding needs Judd's swag and confidence and mental fortitude to win a WC Judd manages to beat his demons and put on a clinic in the final dismantling a 4x WC champion like he was Chris Wakelin

Hard to see Ding ever do that or play like that against a formidable opponent

Postby Acé

Look at Judd's head to head vs Ronnie and Selby compared to Ding's head to head vs Ronnie and Selby

you need to be a mental giant to have an insane head to head record against those 2 like that

Postby Pink Ball

Johnny Bravo wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:Johnny, buck off. When the 2020 World Championship is held, he will win it.

Here's an idea. If you're so confident he will, let's bet on it.
I'll put up 100 $ (don't know exactly how many Irish pounds that is) that he doesn't win it.
We can even drop that to a symbolic 10 $ if it seems too much for you .

Do we have a bet ?

So, basically, you're going to give me 100 Brazillian dollars? Yes, we are on.