20%
Zhao Xintong v Jack Lisowski
73%
Neither
7%

Total votes : 15

Which match will you watch?

Postby chengdufan

It's the quarter-final stage of the 2020 Asuncion Open. There are two best of 9 matches on in the evening session. All 4 players have been playing some of their best snooker all week but you can only watch one match. Which do you choose?
Last edited by chengdufan on 27 Oct 2020, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Which match will you watch?

Postby SnookerFan

Tough one.

If Selby was playing slow, I'd be more tempted to wach Xintong vs Lisowski.

But at the same time, I think Selby is somebody who can play attacking snooker too and tends to slow it down and make it hard for his opponent when he thinks he needs to. It depends what you classify his best snooker.

Also, I think it's fair to say that the other two's best snooker is nowhere near the level of Higgins and Selby's best snooker. More attacking though. But, Higgins best vs Selby's best is probably what I'd opt for.

Zhao Xintong v Jack Lisowski may be more tempting if you believed for whatever reason that Higgins or Selby would not be at their best.

Postby chengdufan

I've added an option of neither. So the Ronettes can participate if they like :wink:

I can see why some people would choose Selby Higgins, but it's Zhao Lisowski for me. I'll always choose the faster players who take on (and get) some crazy pots, even though I know the standard will be lower.

I'm genuinely interested in which matchup the majority of snooker fans would choose.

Postby SnookerEd25

Lisowski is the modern day Drago. Win or lose, given a table choice I would always have plumped for Drago back in the day, and Lisowski now. A no-brainer, for me.

Postby Johnny Bravo

SnookerFan wrote: I think Selby.... tends to slow it down and make it hard for his opponent when he thinks he needs to.....

That's almost the same as cheating.

Postby SnookerFan

Johnny Bravo wrote:
SnookerFan wrote: I think Selby.... tends to slow it down and make it hard for his opponent when he thinks he needs to.....

It isn't even remotely close to cheating.

Postby Johnny Bravo

SnookerFan wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:

It isn't even remotely close to cheating.

Yes it is. It's just like in boxing when you clinch in order to stop your opponent from punching you.

Postby TheSaviour

Peter´s the name. Ebdon. Peter Ebdon.

Ebdon. Peter.

Peter Ebdon.

rofl rofl rofl

But seriously (like typing something about Peter Ebdon wouldn´t be..), I would like to see John Higgins playing against Shaun Murphy. And I am slightly confident that will the case during the season big tournaments. Shaun has the game to even floor John Higgins, though even matching John Higgins isn´t any likely to Shaun, so that would be the match. I am preparing to make a quite big bet that John Higgins will win the all big three; so first the UK 2020, then the Masters 2021, and then the Worlds 2021. Don´t quite know if I will lose that if they are about to cancel those tournaments, or some of those. I am now doing great, but I am always willing to push things even further and making things interesting, so that will the case. AND, I am always dead honest to myself, even when it usually backfires a bit. In terms of how the other people eye you.

They are back. 5 mintues and they alway are on all over you.

Mark Allen ain´t hopeless, as Ken Dohery these days basically is, but MA ain´t threating to play up to the standards John has made. Same with Ronnie O´Sullivan. Same with Mark Selby. I really admire things Judd Trump has been able to do, so fair play to him. But might be over now. The same goes with Neil Robertson.

A top tip; the colour of your shirt doesn´t matter if the jacket is on. That´s the only way to digest them all. Seriously. If you´re about to work with all them; the shirt doesn´t matter if the jacket is on or has been on during the day. You, no-one, want´s to have any similarities with a clowns like the scores of people. The 5,5 million absolute morons, clowns, muppets, you name it. And the rest of the world will always join them.

You can only try to comprehend how lonely they now are there. Everything, everything build to one person and now he has switched.

Won´t be long, I am afraid. This route offers them a lot´s, a lot´s of different spamming options. The clowns (the little kids) the most obvious one.

He´s clown, trust me, he´s clown. Playing the solid target only. And now and always when it moves…. No play. No play.

The beauty´s there, I admit. One can only hope the likes of Xintong or Lee Walker can only go further, to make the bigger brakes. Basically.

So, now John Higgns playing against Smurphy, as Shaun´s the only realistic option to get better of John!

But if it will get better (what I personally highly doubt), then Zhao Xintong versus Lee Walker. For example….

But hey, 3/4 correct and FAIR PLAY bridge-crossings! Rite. Won´t last long, but that´s a start.

So a day 1 once again. All again. a 1 day. Nothing will ever happen, TheSaviour can´t comprehend a thing, so a day 1 once. Aaaaaaaand Ken Doherty, Stuart Bingham, Rod Lawler or David Gilbert will be winning the UK 2020 if it even goes though.

Rite.

Rite.

Postby The_Abbott

Shaun V Higgins should have been an option Saviour

Rite?

I would probably watch Lisowski then watch the paint drying in my bedroom, then Selby.

Postby chengdufan

Please can someone share the results of this poll with whoever decides which matches are put on TV?

Postby chengdufan

I tried to read TheSaviour's post from bottom to top, to see if it made more sense.

It didn't.

Postby SnookerEd25

chengdufan wrote:I tried to read TheSaviour's post from bottom to top, to see if it made more sense.

It didn't.

Would you say it made less sense?

Or about the same? :chin:

Postby The_Abbott

Dan-cat wrote:I would watache either of those matches really.

There's nothing better than a good old watache