Post a reply

How should the SIWC Semi-final match be resolved?

Poll ended at 08 Nov 2020

Take the 9 best breaks from SnookerEd's 5 frames, and the 9 best from AcesInc's first 5 frames
No votes
Take the 5 best breaks from SnookerEd's 5 frames, and the 5 best from AcesInc's first 5 frames, and play a best of 5
17%
Wait until SnookerEd can play again so that he can complete his full 9 frames
83%

Total votes : 6

Snooker Island World Championship

Postby chengdufan

Snooker Island World Championship semi-finalist SnookerEd has been locked-down, bringing the championship to a standstill.
So how should we determine the result of his semi-final?

There are two options for which we will find out the result now.
The other option is to pause the match and wait until the UK is out of lockdown.

Which do you prefer? I will leave this poll open for 3 days and whichever option has the most votes will be what we will do.

If the match is decided now and SnookerEd wins the semi-final, the final will be postponed until post-lockdown.

Re: Snooker Island World Championship

Postby chengdufan

I am fairly sure Aces would prefer to wait. His playing partner (his son) is back from uni in about a month.

Postby SnookerEd25

chengdufan wrote:I am fairly sure Aces would prefer to wait. His playing partner (his son) is back from uni in about a month.

That is a good point, but Mr. Bravo may have an itchy trigger-finger... (not that I'd beat him anyway :hmmm:)

Postby acesinc

I think this may be the first time I have ever voted in an SI poll. If you want my opinion, I am perfectly happy to wait. I am hardly playing much myself lately. When my "snooker life" is good, I get on the table maybe 8 to 12 hours a week. For quite some time now, I am lucky to get 2 or 3 FRAMES per week (though with some players, that can feel like 8 or 12 hours). Usually just a warm up frame for some club member that comes in early before a match with another member (because I literally spend about half my life at the "snooker club" which is really my workshop where I make my living). Generally awful snooker for me, I am just knocking the balls around to let this guy loosen up his arm.

So don't feel bad for me, I am fine to put it off for a while. Without some divine intervention, the championship is a foregone conclusion anyway, but some good fun.