Post a reply

Will Judd Trump ever beat Hossein Vafei ever again?

Poll ended at 03 Mar 2023

Yes
12%
No
53%
Maybe
12%
I don't care
24%

Total votes : 17

Will Judd Trump ever beat Hossein Vafei ever again?

Postby Juddernaut88

Judd Trump has lost his last 3 meetings with Hossein Vafaei, 2 of them were this year and the previous one was in The China Open in 2017. Is Hossein becoming his bogey player? He will definitely be a player to avoid in the 1st round at the Crucible if he qualifies.

Re: Will Judd Trump ever beat Hossein Vafei ever again?

Postby mick745

Hossein Vafaei seems to improve a little bit every season, he is just shy of the top 16 now. I think it would be great if he could win a "proper" ranking tournament. Qualification for the crucible would be a big story and put him further in the spotlight. At the moment he's a player that DT/JV wont have seen play before.

Postby The_Abbott

mick745 wrote:Hossein Vafaei seems to improve a little bit every season, he is just shy of the top 16 now. I think it would be great if he could win a "proper" ranking tournament. Qualification for the crucible would be a big story and put him further in the spotlight. At the moment he's a player that DT/JV wont have seen play before.

LOL

You can imagine DT in commentary with McManus

"Never seen this young fella from Iran before Alan, he must be the first Iranian to pick up a cue"

"Well, he's one of two on the tour and won a ranking event earlier in the year Dennis"

"I wonder if they have many good golf courses in Iran?"

Postby SnookerFan

The_Abbott wrote:
mick745 wrote:Hossein Vafaei seems to improve a little bit every season, he is just shy of the top 16 now. I think it would be great if he could win a "proper" ranking tournament. Qualification for the crucible would be a big story and put him further in the spotlight. At the moment he's a player that DT/JV wont have seen play before.

LOL

"Never seen this young fella from Iran before Alan, he must be the first Iranian to pick up a cue"

"Well, he's one of two on the tour and won a ranking event earlier in the year Dennis"

Who'd be the second person who is corrected him?

Of the BBC mob, it'd be only be McManus.

Postby HappyCamper

SnookerFan wrote:
The_Abbott wrote:

LOL

whoever it is is wrong, only one iranian on tour this year as soheil vahedi is an amateur.

Postby SnookerFan

HappyCamper wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
The_Abbott wrote:

LOL

whoever it is is wrong, only one iranian on tour this year as soheil vahedi is an amateur.

So, probably John Parrott then.