Post a reply

How many tons will Robbo finish his career with ?

1000+
29%
1100+
57%
1200+
No votes
1300+
14%
1400+
No votes
1500+
No votes

Total votes : 7

How many tons does Robbo end up with ?

Postby Johnny Bravo

As we have seen, Trump and Robbo are the closest ones to ROS in terms of tons.

Trump got to 800 already, while Robbo only needs a few more to get there. It is quite obvious that Trump will be the one who will finish his career with more tons and will most likely overtake Ronnie too.

But how many tons will Robbo finish his career with ?
He currently has 792. IMO he will definitely reach 1000 before he retires. But how many will he end up with ?
Does he also overtake Ronnie (who currently has 1113) ?

Discuss.

Re: How many tons does Robbo end up with ?

Postby mick745

Robertson (1982) is about 7 years younger than Ronnie (1975) but around 7 years older than Trump (1989).

According to wikipedia the career centuries are:

Ronnie 1113
Robertson 792
Trump 815.

Trump scored around double the amount of centuries than Ronnie last season (90-46) with Robbo scoring 72.

So if all things being equal assuming Trump gets around 50 more per season he would become the all time century maker around the year 2028 but Robertson wouldnt overtake O'S until around 2034 if he only makes 30 odd more per season.

Assuming they all keep playing, stay at the top level and make centuries at about the same rate of course.

Lots of assumptions i know.

Postby Reg Varney

I'd guess Robbo will hit the 1,000 century mark but don't think he'll ever surpass O'Sullivan's total.

Trump will eventually overtake Ronnie's total and will likely post a number that won't be beaten in my lifetime, if ever.

Postby Johnny Bravo

mick745 wrote:Robertson (1982) is about 7 years younger than Ronnie (1975) but around 7 years older than Trump (1989).

Ronnie 1113
Robertson 792
Trump 815.

Trump scored around double the amount of centuries than Ronnie last season (90-46) with Robbo scoring 72.

So if all things being equal assuming Trump gets around 50 more per season he would become the all time century maker around the year 2028 but Robertson wouldnt overtake O'S until around 2034 if he only makes 30 odd more per season.

Assuming they all keep playing, stay at the top level and make centuries at about the same rate of course.

What makes you think Robertson will even play by 2034 ?!
IMO he's already declining. I can't see him having as high of a standard as Ronnie in his 40s.

Postby mick745

Johnny Bravo wrote:
mick745 wrote:Robertson (1982) is about 7 years younger than Ronnie (1975) but around 7 years older than Trump (1989).

Ronnie 1113
Robertson 792
Trump 815.

What makes you think Robertson will even play by 2034 ?!
IMO he's already declining. I can't see him having as high of a standard as Ronnie in his 40s.

I wasnt saying he would be, i was saying at the current rate that's approximately how long it would take.

Postby Johnny Bravo

mick745 wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:What makes you think Robertson will even play by 2034 ?!

I wasnt saying he would be, i was saying at the current rate that's approximately how long it would take.

Ahh, ok then. <ok>

Postby Andre147

Doubt Robertson will ever surpass Ronnie's century breaks. He might surpass 1000 but that will be it.

Trump of course will be the one holding the record in 5 or 6 years time.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Andre147 wrote:Doubt Robertson will ever surpass Ronnie's century breaks. He might surpass 1000 but that will be it.

Trump of course will be the one holding the record in 5 or 6 years time.

:spot on: