Post a reply

Will Judd Trump and Mark Selby meet in a proper tournament ever again?

Poll runs till 01 Jul 2025

Yes
40%
No
7%
Maybe
27%
I don't care
27%

Total votes : 15

Re: Will Judd Trump and Mark Selby meet in a proper tourname

Postby Granite

It's crazy they've played in more CL matches against each other compared to playing against each other in proper tournaments. That tells it all.

They've had epic clashes and stand out matches with the class of 92, Robertson etc on the biggest stages but to date, there still isn't one defining match between these 2.

Postby Andre147

Granite wrote:It's crazy they've played in more CL matches against each other compared to playing against each other in proper tournaments. That tells it all.

They've had epic clashes and stand out matches with the class of 92, Robertson etc on the biggest stages but to date, there still isn't one defining match between these 2.

China Open 2011 Final is their biggest one, and a cracking match it was, 10-8 to Trump, 3 century breaks apiece between them, 6 in total.

Trump seems to dominate their small h2h apart from the CL, but remains to be seen if they ever meet in a Big Final, UK Masters or of course Worlds, who would win? My guess would be Trump but we'll never know until they bloody meet which never seems to happen!

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:We really need to see a 4-session match between them. I would guess that a Trump in good form would win and outpot/outscore Selby but he lacks that extra gear atm which he had from 2019 to early 2021.

Or at least a big final, Masters,UK, China event or one of the ITV ones.

Postby D4P

Andre147 wrote:
TheRocket wrote:We really need to see a 4-session match between them. I would guess that a Trump in good form would win and outpot/outscore Selby but he lacks that extra gear atm which he had from 2019 to early 2021.

No, let's plan for them to meet in a big SEMI-final, Masters, UK, China event or one of the ITV ones, with the winner to face Ronnie in the final...

Postby SnookerFan

D4P wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

No, let's plan for them to meet in a big SEMI-final, Masters, UK, China event or one of the ITV ones, with the winner to face Ronnie in the final...

:|

Postby Andre147

Juddernaut88 wrote:They have met 3 times this season. All of them have been quarter finals.
Any chance of a final maybe?

You know Judd has Selby's number so I can understand you wanting him to play Selby in a Final lol

Postby Dan-cat

Andre147 wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:They have met 3 times this season. All of them have been quarter finals.
Any chance of a final maybe?

You know Judd has Selby's number so I can understand you wanting him to play Selby in a Final lol

Busted!