Post a reply

Who will win the 2023 World Championship?

Ronnie O’Sullivan
36%
Mark Selby
9%
Mark Allen
9%
Judd Trump
27%
Neil Robertson
No votes
John Higgins
No votes
Mark Williams
No votes
Kyren Wilson
No votes
Shaun Murphy
9%
Jack Lisowski
No votes
Someone else (please state)
9%

Total votes : 11

Who will win the 2023 World Championship?

Postby Cazoo

Who do you think is most likely to win the World Championship this year and why? I’ve included the 10 players that I think are the most likely.

I think that Ronnie will be motivated for an 8th world title, following last years record equalling 7th.

Re: Who will win the 2023 World Championship?

Postby John Dalton

I have to go for Judd. He almost won against Mark allen from 6-2 down. If Judd gets his act together and stops missing easy ones I think he will be almost unbeatable. I also enjoy watching him play when he is playing really well. I'm sure he will do his best to be fully prepared for the world championship.

Postby Cazoo

John Dalton wrote:I have to go for Judd. He almost won against Mark allen from 6-2 down. If Judd gets his act together and stops missing easy ones I think he will be almost unbeatable. I also enjoy watching him play when he is playing really well. I'm sure he will do his best to be fully prepared for the world championship.

I think Judd is definitely a good shout. He won the Masters and almost won the Grand Prix without being anywhere near his best. If he can find that form from a couple of years back, he could be very difficult to stop. Judd in full flow is brilliant to watch.

Postby chengdufan

Jimmy is due a win. Playing well this year...

In all seriousness though
I think it would be a major shock if Lisowski, Murphy or Robertson won, and a big surprise if Williams, Higgins or Wilson won. I think Allen is still an outsider, despite his great season.
So, Trump, Ronnie and Selby the three likeliest contenders.

Outsiders not on the list:
Yan and Zhao. I know I know, but never say never.
Ding
Vafaei
Jamie Jones

Postby McManusFan

I think it probably could be any one of them, barring Lisowski and Murphy. Trump looks to be coming good again in patches; Allen is digging in; Williams is playing top stuff at the moment; Ronnie and Higgins have had fairly naff seasons, but you can never write them off.

I think this might be one of the more open WCs we've had in a little while.