Ding Junhui
No votes
Other (please State)
No votes

Total votes : 10

Re: Best Potter Ever

Postby freakmoomin

Hendry for me, no brainer...

But for people to suggst that Ronnie shouldnt be on the list.....are you mental?

you dont have the amount of centurys ronnie has without being one of the greatest potters ever.... i would probebly guess that in at least half of his centurys he's had to pull out one or more amazing pots just to keep the break going... so for me hes right behind hendo.

single ball potter..... its hard to argue with mark williams.

I do find it amazing how the older generations seem to be taken for granted in terms of ability.

I would argue that the theres not that much difference between the top 6 players from the late 80's till now....although the top 6 from 95ish-2002ish would blow them all out of the water.

you just have to look at the names still scattered around the top 64....for some of these guys to still be competing is a bit of a joke in my eyes..... the younger generation need to get their finger out and its great to see guys like judd coming through.....dont particularly like the boy but i love watching him play.

Hendry of the 90's would walk to world titles today, i honestly believe that... as would a prime ROS, Higgins and MJW.

anyway...got a bit off topic!

Hendry best potter :)

Postby Witz78

freakmoomin wrote:Hendry for me, no brainer...

But for people to suggst that Ronnie shouldnt be on the list.....are you mental?

you dont have the amount of centurys ronnie has without being one of the greatest potters ever.... i would probebly guess that in at least half of his centurys he's had to pull out one or more amazing pots just to keep the break going... so for me hes right behind hendo.

single ball potter..... its hard to argue with mark williams.

I do find it amazing how the older generations seem to be taken for granted in terms of ability.

I would argue that the theres not that much difference between the top 6 players from the late 80's till now....although the top 6 from 95ish-2002ish would blow them all out of the water.

you just have to look at the names still scattered around the top 64....for some of these guys to still be competing is a bit of a joke in my eyes..... the younger generation need to get their finger out and its great to see guys like judd coming through.....dont particularly like the boy but i love watching him play.

Hendry of the 90's would walk to world titles today, i honestly believe that... as would a prime ROS, Higgins and MJW.

anyway...got a bit off topic!

Hendry best potter :)

the menality of players has changed these days

nobody has a winning mentality now the way Hendry and Davis did

plenty of players out there who could take things by the scruff of the neck and semi-dominate still even though its a far more competitive era.

It seems with another tournament always no more than a fortnight away players are happy to win a couple of matches and anything after that is a bonus, so long as there picking up a half decent cheque and maintaining their ranking, then anything else is a bonus.

Seems to go from one tournament to the next who the best players are.

Everyone was proclaiming Judd and Jono the BIG 2 not that long ago but now both have slumped to an extent since their UK and Masters wins

Postby Wildey

i agree with Witz :shock: