Post a reply

vote for UP TO FIVE of your favourite Crucible moments.

1978 - 65 year old Fred Davis reaching the semi finals and his brother Joe sadly taken ill
No votes
1979 - Qualifier Terry Griffiths winning the tournament at the first attempt
1%
1980 - Coverage of the final being interrupted by live news feed of the Iranian embassy seige
No votes
1981 - Hearn embraces Davis after his 1st world title
No votes
1982 - Davis becomes another Crucible curse victim after a 10-1 mauling from Tony Knowles
3%
1982 - Alex Higgins 69 break v Jimmy in the semi final
16%
1982 - Alex Higgins emotional celebrations with family after winning title
5%
1983 - Cliff Thorburn makes the first Crucible 147
4%
1985 - Dennis Taylor beats Steve Davis in the black ball final
16%
1990 - Alex Higgins controversial post match press conference
1%
1992 - Hendry winning 10 frames in a row to overhaul an 8-14 deficeit to White
3%
1994 - Hendry v White final and deciding frame drama
6%
1995 - White v Peter Francisco betting storm
No votes
1996 - Robidoux v O'Sullivan left handed controversy
1%
1997 - Ronnie O'Sullivans 5min 20secs 147 break
12%
1999 - Hendry clinching his 7th title
7%
2002 - Ebdon beats Hendry in a deciding frame final
3%
2004 - Andy Hicks and Quinten Hann nearly coming to blows at the end of their match
2%
2008 - Ronnie O'Sullivans demolition job on Hendry in the semis
11%
2010 - Steve Davis rolling back the years with his win over John Higgins
10%

Total votes : 115

Re: YOUR FAVOURITE CRUCIBLE MOMENTS

Postby Snooker Overdrive

I'll list my favourite moment of each year:

The whole Trump thing - he came out of nowhere and nearly turned the snooker world upside down with his incredible attacking style. Everybody was talking and excited, even Wild became a fanboy for a while <laugh>

Steve Davis's unreal victory over World Champion Higgins in three session. I didn't think it would be possible but somehow he pulled it off - an all time great performance nobody will ever forget who was watching it at the time. I have to rewatch it soon, it excites him just thinking about it.

I didn't like that championship very much to be honest. If I have to pick I would choose the two brave fightbacks in the two semis by Robbo and Allen. Also I appreciated the Selby Higgins match as one of the best matches of all time.

Ronnie destroying Hendry in the semis and the way he pulled away from Williams in the last 16 and last but not least Ronnie lifting the World Trophy.

My very first World Championship. I have to say Selby's great fightback in the world final to level the match.

Postby vodkadiet

Witz78 wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:Mark Selby vs Rory will be a feast of attacking, quickfire snooker if they meet in the 1st round at The Crucible.

How many frames in the opening session?

Never mind frames, how many shots more like <laugh>

They may have to change the rule. A Selby/McLeod frame can only start if there is more than 75 minutes before the start of the following session.

Postby Casey

SnookerFan wrote:How has nobody mentioned Ken Doherty vs Paul Hunter in the semi in 2003?

Yes, that was a cracker match indeed.

Postby GJ

2nd sat in 2010 worlds pure drama from 10 am till 6pm

Postby SnookerFan

Rocket_ron wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:How has nobody mentioned Ken Doherty vs Paul Hunter in the semi in 2003?

yes that was ace <cool>

Nine years ago. :shock:

What a World Championship that was. I was at univeristy. I remember my mum ringing me after Mark Williams won. Apparently my gran had been offended, because Mark Williams had said he was recycling himself after Ken Doherty came back at him. <laugh>