No votes
Ali Carter
No votes
Matthew Stevens
10%

Total votes : 21

Re: Next 1st Time World Champ?

Postby TheSaviour

I hope it would be Mark Allen. He is certainly a "flair player". Who also has the whole package. I particularly like how he plays shots which are anyone´s property. That´s the only way to keep your head up and straight. Shots which are great and handy, but still are anyone´s property. Anyone can and could play those, but still a very few gets the idea to play those.

:parrot:

Postby Clara8633

SnookerFan wrote:I just voted Bingham, as this post was made before last year's Worlds.

Do I win a prize?

No.

Postby PLtheRef

Looking at the list sans Bingham - who was an unexpected champion back in May (though a worthy winner) - I think the only one on that list who seems to be likely to win the World Championship is Trump.

Going through the Almanac by Statman - only each World Champion has won the title within their first ten trips to the Crucible - Selby taking the longest (winning it on the tenth attempt) by my reckoning. Judging the others by this, the likes of Stevens and Maguire are past their opportunities to win it. Stevens having the scars of almost being 7 up with 14 to play against Williams in 2000 and letting slip a decent lead. - Ding and Allen are approaching last chance saloon