No votes
60%
5%
No votes
35%

Total votes : 20

Re: Ronnie’s best World Championship?

Postby Cloud Strife

Pink Ball wrote:2004 by a mile. Nothing in 2013, bar perhaps his first session against Bingham, touched his performance from the quarter-final onwards in 2004.

His rape of Hendry in the semi-final that year was a sight to behold.

Postby Andre147

Alex0paul wrote:1999

As good as he might have played in 99, he didnt win did he? Not his best then.

2004 by a mile.

Postby vodkadiet

His best World Championship was 2000. He made 5 centuries and a 96 in that Championship and he only played one match. That was a fantastic strike rate.

Postby TheSaviour

Actually, funny that you asked now as I clearly see that at last is threatening to play very well in Sheffield. Any given year he has started like a train, obviously just completely running out of the gas (by his standards), and has comfortable bowed out before the semis. But this time it is different. He has been playing highly entertaining, after a long slump of his real form.

And yes, the only different there "just" is, that the word comes naturally to him <doh> <doh> . When all the others just keeps on saying that word without any given natural base or effect in it, and goes without saying, without any given purpouse <doh> <doh> .

The word is just so easy to him. And he actually can also afford it. But it even doesn´t make any difference, as it just completely natural.

I would always defend the real mates mine. Otherwise they even be wouldn´t my mates.

Rod Lawler yes, Joel Walker yes. But they need to have real opponents and a long, calm playing format in order to made it a happening.

Just checked out the going in a funny old nation, only to once again to find it completely nonsensical. But luckily I am not the only to find it as a such. So what CELESTE BRASH find so great about xxxxxxxx rofl rofl rofl rofl ..??

And how you even possible could tame a person who is a dead serious ? Only the clowns and the muppets can be tamed.

And how you even possibly could imitate a person who has widely been classified as a crazy person ?? That´s what has been going on for the ages now. All those efforts are a completely rubbish. And his body language has been highly valued by the region´s big boys. Which can´t be said regarding all those +60y regional muppets.

And also goes without saying, no any new international smiling boys are any welcome. How can you tame a person a person who is a dead serious ? The answer is that you can´t. We do have those regional muppets, never find that as a way go.

Only a genuine and a real envious is a way to progress and a way to go. But that always requires that they just keeps on coming at you as they actually are. So no more any sad muppets, no more any sad Ronnie-copies, no more any new international smile boys who are copy-pasting Ronnie O´Sullivan.

<ok> <ok>

Postby Ash147

I think it's interesting how it's split equally between 2004 and 2013. I think those are Ronnie's best wins, but for completely different reasons.

Postby SnookerFan

I know it's easy to say this in retrospect, but I wasn't surprised in the slightest he won in 2013.

He'd originally taken the whole of that season off, but changed his mind and came back for The Crucible. I knew at the time, he wouldn't have done that unless he was up for it.

A Ronnie who is that up for it is unbeatable, no matter how long he's taken off.

Saying that, 2004 is when he played his best snooker.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Dan-cat wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
The_Abbott wrote:which year did he come back after a years sabbatical and won the WC without any bother?

I wished him luck backstage at the Crucible minutes before the final. It was me

:limp:

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
The_Abbott wrote:which year did he come back after a years sabbatical and won the WC without any bother?

I wished him luck backstage at the Crucible minutes before the final. It was me

I once saw Ronnie at a urinals in Cardiff.

I didn't wish him luck.

Postby gallantrabbit

Dan-cat wrote:2013. No contest for me. Took the year off, came back and laid the field to waste.

Certainly the most stunning. No-one got even vaguely close.

Postby Andre147

gallantrabbit wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:2013. No contest for me. Took the year off, came back and laid the field to waste.

Certainly the most stunning. No-one got even vaguely close.

Carter was level at 7 all with him. Hawkins also was up close until the 3rd session.

But apart from that ROS was never in trouble.

Postby SnookerFan

At the same time, Hawkins was never in much danger of winning the final.

He kept it within a few frames behind the entire match, but Ronnie wasn't Ronnie always leading?

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:2013 was special for obvious reasons.

But I still voted for 2004. Higher peak level.

In a way 2012 was the most impressive.

ROS says it's the one he's most proud of. He was on the verge of dropping off Top 16 that season bar a certain Andrew Higginson match... he was as low as he's been in his entire career, so who knows what could have happened... and winning that title was impressive.

But 2004 was definately his highest level.