Post a reply

Judd Trump vs Neil Robertson - Who's A game is better?

Judd Trump
63%
Neil Robertson
37%

Total votes : 19

Re: Judd Trump vs Neil Robertson - Who's A game is better?

Postby Ash147

I think this poll highlights that Judd is still hated by a lot of people here. Robertson's A game is very good indeed, but it doesn't come close to how Judd played in the finals of the Masters and the WC this year. That was on another level compared to anything Robertson can produce.

Postby Iranu

Ash147 wrote:I think this poll highlights that Judd is still hated by a lot of people here. Robertson's A game is very good indeed, but it doesn't come close to how Judd played in the finals of the Masters and the WC this year. That was on another level compared to anything Robertson can produce.

Think that’s a bit harsh.

It may have been a while since we’ve seen it in a big match, but Robbo’s A game is absolutely relentless scoring and potting.

Postby Pink Ball

Ash147 wrote:I think this poll highlights that Judd is still hated by a lot of people here. Robertson's A game is very good indeed, but it doesn't come close to how Judd played in the finals of the Masters and the WC this year. That was on another level compared to anything Robertson can produce.

Nonsense. I had to have a good think about it. Robertson has produced some blinding snooker during his career.

Postby Ash147

Pink Ball wrote:

Nonsense. I had to have a good think about it. Robertson has produced some blinding snooker during his career.

But has it been better than the two performances we've seen from Judd in the finals of the Masters and the WC? I say it's a solid no.

Postby Andre147

Ash147 wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:

But has it been better than the two performances we've seen from Judd in the finals of the Masters and the WC? I say it's a solid no.

I say it's a solid 50/50.

Postby Ace

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Ace wrote:Judd has the highest level of peak in Snooker. See 2019 World Championship final. That Judd would dismantle Neil 18-3 or 18-2.

Don't be silly Ace

Judd beat Higgins 18-9 and Higgins is a much better all around player than Neil and can score just as well as him he's also much smarter on the table than Neil if Judd can do that against Higgins imagine what 2019 Judd could do against Neil and it's not like it would be the first time we've seen good players get dismantled at the WC, Ronnie dismantled Hendry in 2004.

Postby Ace

Not to mention that Higgins is mentally stronger than Robertson so Neil is more than likely to fold even more vs 2019 Judd (and Higgins didn't even fold in that match, he was just dismantled) so when you take everything into account it's not crazy to think Judd would beat Neil 18-3

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Ace wrote:Not to mention that Higgins is mentally stronger than Robertson so Neil is more than likely to fold even more vs 2019 Judd (and Higgins didn't even fold in that match, he was just dismantled) so when you take everything into account it's not crazy to think Judd would beat Neil 18-3

I agree with aspects of what you say about Judd's performances in the Masters and Worlds, but I think you are likely overstating things in general.

You could have a lot of egg on your face by Christmas.

Postby Ace

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Ace wrote:Not to mention that Higgins is mentally stronger than Robertson so Neil is more than likely to fold even more vs 2019 Judd (and Higgins didn't even fold in that match, he was just dismantled) so when you take everything into account it's not crazy to think Judd would beat Neil 18-3

I agree with aspects of what you say about Judd's performances in the Masters and Worlds, but I think you are likely overstating things in general.

You could have a lot of egg on your face by Christmas.

I like protein so eggs is ok

Postby Ace

Btw whatever happens to Judd by Christmas doesnt change the fact that 2019 Judd has shown the highest level of performance in snooker by a single player ever, that used to be held by 2004 Ronnie but Judd has overtaken that as you know BadSnookerPlayer. That can never change, you can separate performances from titles because you can win titles at your B and C games and play a match with an A* game in a tournament but lose a title in the final playing your C game.

So whatever scenarios we want to take, Judd is the benchmark from now on

Postby Andre147

Ace wrote:Btw whatever happens to Judd by Christmas doesnt change the fact that 2019 Judd has shown the highest level of performance in snooker by a single player ever, that used to be held by 2004 Ronnie but Judd has overtaken that as you know BadSnookerPlayer. That can never change, you can separate performances from titles because you can win titles at your B and C games and play a match with an A* game in a tournament but lose a title in the final playing your C game.

So now Judd surpasses 2004 Ronnie?

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Postby Ace

Andre147 wrote:
Ace wrote:Btw whatever happens to Judd by Christmas doesnt change the fact that 2019 Judd has shown the highest level of performance in snooker by a single player ever, that used to be held by 2004 Ronnie but Judd has overtaken that as you know BadSnookerPlayer. That can never change, you can separate performances from titles because you can win titles at your B and C games and play a match with an A* game in a tournament but lose a title in the final playing your C game.

Yeah I said this a while ago, see my response in my judd vs ronnie thread because it's more appropriate there.

Postby Andre147

Ace wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

Yeah I said this a while ago, see my response in my judd vs ronnie thread because it's more appropriate there.

Yes I saw it. Whilst you make good valid points, I stand by my conviction, and I'm far from being a ROS fanboy and I'm not shy to say when someone is better than him.