Post a reply

Judd Trump vs Neil Robertson - Who's A game is better?

Judd Trump
63%
Neil Robertson
37%

Total votes : 19

Re: Judd Trump vs Neil Robertson - Who's A game is better?

Postby Johnny Bravo

At their best, both are amazing. Their A game takes second and 3rd place after Ronnie's A game.

It's very close, although I'd have to give Robbo a slight edge due to the fact that his cue action is vastly superior and thus, better under pressure.

Postby TheSaviour

Trump.

I feel I am going to read the Donald Ducks´ for the whole next upcoming winter. Having a 25 years to catch up.

Still feeling the answers are on all over at the library. This is just a very, very, very little and poor without all that knowledge.

And was really glad the way Stuart Bingham handled extremely dangerous and good Tian Pengfei. 6-1, and now when Pengfei was playing like a God. Pengfei suprisingly went out of his ways and bottled it against out of the sorts also Maguire, but that has now worked well for him, as he did find his top, top game. Pengfei´s big breaks are even more impressive than Judd´s or Martin Gould´s are! And that´s, that´s a quite much! So hopefully Stuart Bingham will never ever get overlooked again! Just seemingly playing via the great intelligence, if not anything else! 6-1, just incredible. Stuart Bingham wil be having a great season, as per usual.

So she´s saying she is heading now lol. She says she is heading now lol. Reanne. And Ronnie O´Sullivan is playing exhibitions with Ben Wollaston. Just a bit of a news out there.... Neil Robertson does play well to silence the table.

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:Out of interest, how many people would've said Judd before The Crucible had started?

Good question.

Was Judd’s performance in the final the best he’s ever played?

Postby Iranu

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Best I have seen him play

If that’s the case then perhaps we need to reassess what Judd’s A Game is and that would be a fair explanation for why more are choosing Judd than would have prior to the Worlds?

Postby Ash147

Iranu wrote:

If that’s the case then perhaps we need to reassess what Judd’s A Game is and that would be a fair explanation for why more are choosing Judd than would have prior to the Worlds?

The two best performances I've seen from Judd have both come this season. I've seen him play some great stuff before, but the way he played in the finals of the Masters and the Worlds was just a different level. Those two performances are better than anything I've seen from Robertson.

Postby Dan-cat

Ash147 wrote:
Iranu wrote:

The two best performances I've seen from Judd have both come this season. I've seen him play some great stuff before, but the way he played in the finals of the Masters and the Worlds was just a different level. Those two performances are better than anything I've seen from Robertson.

+1

Postby Sickpotter

Personally I don't think the final was as special as the pundits would have us believe.

If it wasn't for the one session he whitewashed John the match would've far closer. Has anyone else ever whitewashed an opponent in a final session? Absolutely so I don't really agree with the hype surrounding the match..

I'd go with Robertson for best A game but to be fair that's due to past consistency. Should Judd go on to show consistent A game performances like the final I'd switch but ATM feel it's Robertson.

Postby Iranu

Sickpotter wrote:Personally I don't think the final was as special as the pundits would have us believe.

If it wasn't for the one session he whitewashed John the match would've far closer. Has anyone else ever whitewashed an opponent in a final session? Absolutely so I don't really agree with the hype surrounding the match..

I'd go with Robertson for best A game but to be fair that's due to past consistency. Should Judd go on to show consistent A game performances like the final I'd switch but ATM feel it's Robertson.

A Game has very little if anything to do with consistency imo

Postby vodkadiet1

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
vodkadiet1 wrote:Watch out for a Belgian kid! He will be better than them all!

He even had a record made about him (although his name was misspelled)!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZt7J0iaUD0

Little Ben Mertens??

Paul Merton's love child from a woman he met in Antwerp during a comedy tour a few years ago!

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:Out of interest, how many people would've said Judd before The Crucible had started?

Exactly. It's all knee Jerk one Tournament doesent make a career. Judd has to now back it up as World Champion.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Wildey wrote:

Exactly. It's all knee Jerk one Tournament doesent make a career. Judd has to now back it up as World Champion.

Hardly one tournament is it???

He won the MAsters easily.

I would have said Judd before the WC and I am a fan of Robertson.

Postby Pink Ball

Wildey wrote:

I agree and disagree, if you follow.

I thought Trump was really good this season. But I wasn’t convinced his play had improved dramatically. I just think that mentally his approach was entirely different. He became far better at treating lower-ranked players with respect and, for the most part, started putting them all away. That alone was his biggest issue for years. And, when he sorted that, it gave him confidence, and he also improved his win ratio against top players, which was already very good. Even in the Masters final, I didn’t see anything I hadn’t seen already.

The world final and patches beforehand were different. It was largely more of the same before the final. He had some bang-average sessions. But he found an extra gear whenever it was required, something I hadn’t seen from him before. He produced two sessions — his last session against Ding and first session against Maguire — that I felt were probably better than anything I’d seen from him before.

Then the final came, and he produced what I think could well be the best snooker I’ve ever seen across an entire World Final. He was stunning.

That was only one match and a few sessions before that. But the final was over 27 frames, a very long distance, too long to ignore. It was better than anything I’ve seen Robertson provide, who has also had some outstanding performances.

I’ve seen Trump’s A-game and believe it’s better than Robertson’s.

Postby Andre147

Wildey wrote:

Yeah, many a world champion have had a disasterous season after winning it for the first time. Will tell a lot about his game and mentality how he copes with being World Champion.

Atm it's definately Trump, but Robbo is far more consistent. But playing their A games both are on similar level, Judd can probably destroy his opponents more easily than Robbo due to his fearless approach.

Postby Iranu

Wildey wrote:

While that’s true I don’t think it has much to do with his A game, to be fair.

Postby SnookerFan

Pink Ball wrote:
Wildey wrote:

I agree and disagree, if you follow.

I thought Trump was really good this season. But I wasn’t convinced his play had improved dramatically. I just think that mentally his approach was entirely different. He became far better at treating lower-ranked players with respect and, for the most part, started putting them all away. That alone was his biggest issue for years. And, when he sorted that, it gave him confidence, and he also improved his win ratio against top players, which was already very good. Even in the Masters final, I didn’t see anything I hadn’t seen already.

The world final and patches beforehand were different. It was largely more of the same before the final. He had some bang-average sessions. But he found an extra gear whenever it was required, something I hadn’t seen from him before. He produced two sessions — his last session against Ding and first session against Maguire — that I felt were probably better than anything I’d seen from him before.

Then the final came, and he produced what I think could well be the best snooker I’ve ever seen across an entire World Final. He was stunning.

That was only one match and a few sessions before that. But the final was over 27 frames, a very long distance, too long to ignore. It was better than anything I’ve seen Robertson provide, who has also had some outstanding performances.

I’ve seen Trump’s A-game and believe it’s better than Robertson’s.

:goodpost:
Last edited by SnookerFan on 23 Jun 2019, edited 1 time in total.