Post a reply

Judd Trump Vs Ronnie O'Sullivan - Who's A Game Is Better?

Judd Trump
19%
Ronnie O'Sullivan
81%

Total votes : 27

Re: Judd Trump Vs Ronnie O'Sullivan - Who's A Game Is Better

Postby Ace

Dan-cat wrote:The Rocket is the best. By 11 points!

I'm crushed man you don't know how that post made me realize the fact that I made a HUGE ERROR by forgetting that Judd also scored points during the frames Higgins won which gives him a 6 frame advantage, I was just looking at his own breaks and total points but didn't realize he had more frames to get more points while Ronnie had 6 less against Hendry

I can't believe it, I got annihilated I had all the bases covered right up until now that's just so cruel

Postby Ace

SnookerFan wrote:Does any of this really matter?

Judd played outstandingly in The Crucible final, has finally matured and will continue to win more tournaments. There's no need to compare his title win to previous matches.

Of course it matters if you want this sport to produce good sportsmen then you have to compare the best vs the best just like every other sport, why would you not want to see players producing peak snooker?

Postby SnookerFan

Ace wrote:Of course it matters if you want this sport to produce good sportsmen then you have to compare the best vs the best just like every other sport, why would you not want to see players producing peak snooker?

Well, not really. Why does Judd's final need to compared to 2004 Ronnie?

Why does it really matter who had the better stats, when they both played exceptionally well? You can acknowledge that both had outstanding play. We don't need multiple threads on the issue.

Postby Ash147

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Ash147 wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Ash147 wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:I would guess that is Ash with hair

It's not far off. I have about as much hair as Judd Trump.

More a Joe Perry myself

Head like a bucking cue ball.

Wind yer bucking neck in boy.

Be careful, you'll end up decapitating yourself like Coland.

Postby Ace

SnookerFan wrote:
Ace wrote:Of course it matters if you want this sport to produce good sportsmen then you have to compare the best vs the best just like every other sport, why would you not want to see players producing peak snooker?

Well, not really. Why does Judd's final need to compared to 2004 Ronnie?

Why does it really matter who had the better stats, when they both played exceptionally well? You can acknowledge that both had outstanding play. We don't need multiple threads on the issue.

Because 2004 Ronnie was the benchmark for peak snooker and it's good to see another player that isn't Ronnie/Higgins making a peak performance at a World Championship, Ronnie had powerscoring peak or prime performances in 2004/2008 (ironically both vs Hendry, 2008 is underrated) and 2013 final, Higgins has had 1997 and 2011 but apart from those two after Hendry we haven't seen a offensive peak performance from a different player.

Snooker is a sport, it needs good performances to stay healthy, not crap play. Judd's 2019 final has added an extra branch for a good reference point to good snooker.

Postby Andre147

What impressed me more about Judd' performance was not the 7 centuries, but the way he kept his outstanding level of play the entire Final. I expected him to have at least one not so good session, but he didint and kept his foot on the gas.

Remains to be seen if he can establish a new benchmark.

As it stands, its just an exceptional performance, just like many of Ronnie's, Hendry's and Higgins' before him.

Postby TheRocket

Regardless of all these peak debates I still think Trumps performance against Higgins this year might be the best someones ever played in a World final.

You had 3-4 other World final displays who are pretty much equal to this year in terms of raw stats. Like 1993,1998,2013. But sometimes its not just about raw stats imo.

Its about the way you do it. And he did it in a very entertaining and impressing fashion. The exhibition shots where he demonstrated his cuepower. A crazy maximum attempt and then you had the powerful scoring and an even better safety game. It was great too watch.

Postby SnookerFan

Ace wrote:Also Snookerfan you're a hypocrite.

I don't see you moaning in the Judd vs Robertson thread, you went straight to the point and gave your opinion.

True enough.

But that was just a general conversation. Nobody has been obsessing about that. Judd vs Ronnie is all you seem to want to talk about.

Postby Ace

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Ace wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:Ace, you’ve screwed up big time.

I know I know I took the loss.

I guess 2004 Ronnie still is the highest standard.

Hypocrite

How is that being a hypocrite?

That's called being fair and accept your loss, I'm not gonna beat around the bush and fight a pointless battle if the evidence is there. I thought I had it but I didn;t. At least I gave an answer to my thread and was man enough to accept the loss unlike you who was sitting on the fence and thinking "deep" while everyone else gave their answers straight away.

And you still haven't given your answer while every other poster has. I know where everyone stands and even if Snookerfan or PinkBall haven't outright said "Ronnie" in this thread, I also know where they stand because I've debated with them in the past but you are chickening out. What are you scared of? Ronnie fans if you say Judd?

Postby Ash147

Dan-cat wrote:Well Mr Fan sir, Hendry has stepped into the box, with Phil Yates. At least I think it's Phil Yates. The one off Eurosport. who. has. such. strange. timing in his delivery

King has taken to wearing a wig this season, looks so odd. He just had a 17 break. Safety battle.

Postby Dan-cat

Ash147 wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:Well Mr Fan sir, Hendry has stepped into the box, with Phil Yates. At least I think it's Phil Yates. The one off Eurosport. who. has. such. strange. timing in his delivery

King has taken to wearing a wig this season, looks so odd. He just had a 17 break. Safety battle.

Hahaha. well mined!!