Will Mark Selby ever return to WN1?

Yes
29%
No
71%

Total votes : 14

Re: Will Mark Selby ever return to WN1?

Postby Ash147

Selby is currently ranked at number 6. This is the lowest he's been at since the 2010-11 season, where he ended the season ranked number 9.

Postby D4P

It's also interesting to wonder whether Ronnie will ever return to WN1 after Trump moves ahead of him early this season. There's a decent chance that neither Selby or Ronnie will ever be WN1 again...

Postby Ash147

D4P wrote:It's also interesting to wonder whether Ronnie will ever return to WN1 after Trump moves ahead of him early this season. There's a decent chance that neither Selby or Ronnie will ever be WN1 again...

I could see Judd staying at WN1 for a long period now. Similar to Selby's reign at the top.

Postby Ash147

Badsnookerplayer wrote:It will certainly be interesting to see if Mark still has the desire to get back to the top,

I thought for sure he'd show more fight to retain his WN1 spot last season. Instead he just seemed to accept that he was going to lose the top spot, which is most unlike Selby.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Ash147 wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:It will certainly be interesting to see if Mark still has the desire to get back to the top,

I thought for sure he'd show more fight to retain his WN1 spot last season. Instead he just seemed to accept that he was going to lose the top spot, which is most unlike Selby.

This season will be fascinating if Selby has put the practice in and comes back strong.

Need him and Robertson to challenge Judd for No1

Postby Wildey

More than likely he will at some point however cant see it happening this season

Postby Johnny Bravo

It's all in Trump's hands. If he maintains his current focus and form, Selbo will most likely never be WN1 again.
I've taken ROS out of the equation cause he's not playing in many events.

Anyway, some people put too much emphasis on being WN1. It's irrelevant as far as I'm concerned. U can get there simply by reaching the latter stages of most events and a few finals.
I'm sure any pro would rather be world champ than world number 1.

Postby GeF

Johnny Bravo wrote:U can get there simply by reaching the latter stages of most events and a few finals.

Late stage of ranking event is worth around 10,000 £

Finals between 12,000 and 90,000 (china open). Most of them 20/25k
World Championship 500,000.
WN1 have now less than 1.2M£.

I disagree with that ROS says. "Winners are not rewarded, you can get more ranking point playing all events, losing in R1 most of the time rather than winning event."

bull. ROS may return to school and learn to count.

Postby Wildey

if anything the rankings are too much top heavy how is being World Champ 300k better than runner up.

theres no problem cash wise but its not a true reflection ranking wise.

Postby D4P

Wildey wrote:if anything the rankings are too much top heavy how is being World Champ 300k better than runner up.

theres no problem cash wise but its not a true reflection ranking wise.

Yet another argument in favor of separating cash from Ranking Points.