64%
Neil Robertson
7%
Shaun Murphy
No votes
Stephen Lee
14%

Total votes : 14

Re: Which player has/had the most cue power?

Postby Ash147

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Why is Selby not on this list?

Why would he be? He possesses a good amount of cue power, but no where near the amount of the players included in the poll.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Ash147 wrote:

Why would he be? He possesses a good amount of cue power, but no where near the amount of the players included in the poll.

Well he topped the boring list despite not being boring so he might top this one too.

Postby D4P

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Ash147 wrote:

Well he topped the boring list despite not being boring so he might top this one too.

Cocky Selby fan.

Postby TheRocket

Yeah I agree BSP. The shot with the white dead on the black should have been included as well.

It should also be mentioned that White made all those shots on a thicker cloth. Today its much easier to make those deep screw shots. At least on most tables. Even though it has to be said in China there are still heavy conditions sometimes.

But White imo is not inferior to Judd or Robertson. When a guy is known for playing crazy exhibition shots you just know he must have a huge amount of cue power.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

rekoons wrote:Loads of topspin On the White so it Turns into backspin after bouncing of the cushion i guess

Yeah - I can play it now but not to that level.

Lots and lots of top - push the cue right through and don't hit it too hard.

Lovely

Postby TheRocket

Dan-cat wrote:Ronnie has the cue power, he just chooses not to use it.

A bit like comedian Stewart Lee - he can write jokes, he just chooses not to.

He actually had a lot more cue power in the early 00's. But has declined in that department since then. Probably due to age.

He could never play a shot like this these days. He's become more of a finesse player now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuYBPlmxz58#t=4h06m32s

Postby D4P

1. It's probably also true that the better one's cue ball control, the less one needs to use a lot of cue power in the first place.

2. Ronnie would be #1 on the list of "cue power in the non-dominant hand"

Postby Badsnookerplayer

D4P wrote:

1. It's probably also true that the better one's cue ball control, the less one needs to use a lot of cue power in the first place.

2. Ronnie would be #1 on the list of "cue power in the non-dominant hand"

Agree with both points

Postby Dan-cat

He used to play those power screw shots in his 20s. He doesn't anymore, because they are not the best shot to play... and that is his obsession these days, playing the correct shot.

I'm actually quite surprised that the knowledgable posters on here don't make this connection.

There is no reason at all why he couldn't play those shots now, if anything he's physically stronger and no-one can argue that his technique is worse.

Postby Ash147

Dan-cat wrote:He used to play those power screw shots in his 20s. He doesn't anymore, because they are not the best shot to play... and that is his obsession these days, playing the correct shot.

I'm actually quite surprised that the knowledgable posters on here don't make this connection.

There is no reason at all why he couldn't play those shots now, if anything he's physically stronger and no-one can argue that his technique is worse.

Ronnie himself has admitted fairly recently that he lacks cue power. I believe it was in one of the Eurosport mid-session videos where Ronnie and Jimmy try to recreate certain shots.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Dan-cat wrote:He used to play those power screw shots in his 20s. He doesn't anymore, because they are not the best shot to play... and that is his obsession these days, playing the correct shot.

He does have great cuepower. However, I don't think it is anything like Judd,Robbo, Lee or White in his prime.

Postby Andre147

He had a lot of cue power in his 20a, that example TR showed plus a deep screw shot he made in 2001 against Swail at the same WC prove that. However, Trump, Robbo and Jimmy are a different league in that individual aspect.

I voted Jimmy because he could play those full lenght deep screw shots on the thicker cloths.