Higher peak level

Ronnie O'Sullivan
90%
John Higgins
10%

Total votes : 21

Re: peak O'Sullivan v peak Higgins

Postby Badsnookerplayer

It is a fair question - not that I can answer it.

Obviously both have incredible peak form and ROS currently edges it in terms of rankers but not so long ago it was Higgins. Very different attributes but both are obviously top-drawer in all aspects of their games.

Ronnie will win the poll as he is far more popular but to dismiss Higgins is foolhardy IMO.

I find these questions tough so will sit on the fence

Postby Ash147

TheRocket wrote:
Ash147 wrote:Ronnie. Next question?

There are more peak polls to come.

Stop taking my polls from me, it's all I've got. :sad:

Postby TheRocket

Ash147 wrote:
TheRocket wrote:

Ok mate. No problem. Honestly don't even know which players I should compare in a peak poll. I made one about Higgins and Selby once. We've already had a Robertson-Judd peak poll, Ronnie-Judd. And even Hendry-Selby.

I leave it to you from now on.

Postby Ash147

TheRocket wrote:
Ash147 wrote:
TheRocket wrote:

Ok mate. No problem. Honestly don't even know which players I should compare in a peak poll. I made one about Higgins and Selby once. We've already had a Robertson-Judd peak poll, Ronnie-Judd. And even Hendry-Selby.

I leave it to you from now on.

I was just yanking your chain. I have no monopoly on polls, nor do I wish to. Have at it, buddy.

Postby Iranu

I think it’s Ronnie but it’s extremely close.

Peak Higgins is terrifying, and you know when he’s on it because his long potting (by far the weakest part of his game) becomes scarily good.

Postby TheRocket

Ash147 wrote:I was just yanking your chain. I have no monopoly on polls, nor do I wish to. Have at it, buddy.

I know you were joking mate. But from what I've seen we're pretty much the only ones anyway who create new polls. The others dont seem to be too interested.

Postby Ash147

TheRocket wrote:
Ash147 wrote:I was just yanking your chain. I have no monopoly on polls, nor do I wish to. Have at it, buddy.

I know you were joking mate. But from what I've seen we're pretty much the only ones anyway who create new polls. The others dont seem to be too interested.

This is true. Us pollsters have got to stick together. :ok:

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Iranu wrote:I think it’s Ronnie but it’s extremely close.

Peak Higgins is terrifying, and you know when he’s on it because his long potting (by far the weakest part of his game) becomes scarily good.

I think I agree with this.

Postby Iranu

Pink Ball wrote:It’s Ronnie O’Sullivan you tentative pin ends.

Yeah it is.

But I think Higgins’ best game is underrated by many. Some think Robbo’s peak is better than Higgins’!

Postby TheRocket

I do think its very close btw. Thats why I created this poll. Higgins is probably the best allrounder we've ever seen. And on a peak day he doesn't have any weaknesses. But not having any weaknesses isn't enough.

Higgins on a very good day is an excellent breakbuilder. But O'Sullivan is an even superior one. Higgins is a great tactician. But O'Sullivan at his peak can easily match him. Higgins is a very good potter but O'Sullivan gets to the 97 or 98% mark on a peak day.

O'Sullivan has an extra gear which not even Higgins can get to. He is close but thats about it.

Postby Ash147

TheRocket wrote:I do think its very close btw. Thats why I created this poll. Higgins is probably the best allrounder we've ever seen. And on a peak day he doesn't have any weaknesses. But not having any weaknesses isn't enough.

Higgins on a very good day is an excellent breakbuilder. But O'Sullivan is an even superior one. Higgins is a great tactician. But O'Sullivan at his peak can easily match him. Higgins is a very good potter but O'Sullivan gets to the 97 or 98% mark on a peak day.

O'Sullivan has an extra gear which not even Higgins can get to. He is close but thats about it.

Good post.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Iranu wrote:

Yeah it is.

But I think Higgins’ best game is underrated by many. Some think Robbo’s peak is better than Higgins’!

That's cause Robbo is far superior in terms of long potting. That is where Higgins is not exactly world class.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Johnny Bravo wrote:
Iranu wrote:

Yeah it is.

That's cause Robbo is far superior in terms of long potting. That is where Higgins is not exactly world class.

Good to see you JB - any decent breaks lately?

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:I do think its very close btw. Thats why I created this poll. Higgins is probably the best allrounder we've ever seen. And on a peak day he doesn't have any weaknesses. But not having any weaknesses isn't enough.

Yeah good analysis of both of them, fully agree.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:
Iranu wrote:

Yeah it is.

Good to see you JB - any decent breaks lately?

Nice to see you too BSP.
I've managed to make a ton about 2 weeks ago. I've also had a few 70+ breaks.
However, most of my breaks have been in the 20-50 points range.

Like I already mentioned, I'm very good once I'm among the reds, but when a long pot comes up, I start praying. :chuckle:
I also have problems with those pesky reds along the cushion. If I hit them hard, most of the time they tend to rattle in the jaws of the pocket and bounce out. :sad:

Postby Johnny Bravo

Cloud Strife wrote:Who is the greater hero and role model to humankind, O'Sullivan or John Higgins? Probably Higgins TBF.

Given an incident involving Higgins that we are not allowed to talk about since Wildey will ban us, I'm inclined to say otherwise. :john:

Postby Johnny Bravo

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Bloody hell JB - a ton :D

Was that your first??

Fantastic news.

I have a tip for potting those balls along the cushion if you want.

Well done indeed sir.

I'm very happy. Regarding the balls along the cushion, I think it's down to the fact that I don't exactly have a great cue action, so when I hit balls hard, I tend to apply unintended spin.

Postby D4P

Badsnookerplayer wrote:I have a tip for potting those balls along the cushion if you want.

Judd could use some tips too, especially for yellows on the baulk cushion.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

D4P wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:I have a tip for potting those balls along the cushion if you want.

Judd could use some tips too, especially for yellows on the baulk cushion.

He threw Ronnie a bone - nice to see charity at that level.