Post a reply

Which player(s) is/are mentally the strongest?

John Spencer
No votes
Ray Reardon
No votes
Terry Griffiths
No votes
Cliff Thorburn
No votes
Steve Davis
4%
Alex Higgins
2%
Dennis Taylor
No votes
Joe Johnson
No votes
Stephen Hendry
23%
John Parrott
No votes
Ken Doherty
2%
John Higgins
27%
Mark Williams
No votes
Ronnie O'Sullivan
6%
Peter Ebdon
4%
Shaun Murphy
No votes
Graeme Dott
No votes
Neil Robertson
No votes
Mark Selby
31%
Stuart Bingham
2%
Judd Trump
No votes
other
No votes

Total votes : 52

Re: Mentally toughest players

Postby Badsnookerplayer

"I was an apprentice mechanic to start with – though I only did five weeks – but gave it up because of all the grime and such that would get in your pores."

Having followed his father down the pit, Reardon's mining career ended when he was buried for three hours in a mining accident in 1957. Though he escaped relatively unscathed, the incident led to the closure of the mine, and his family were forced to move to Stoke-on-Trent, where he became a police officer.!

Postby Johnny Bravo

Pink Ball wrote:Higgins and Selby are probably the two standouts.

Agreed. <ok> :spot on: :goodpost:

I think anyone who has watched snooker regularly will agree with that.

Postby Iranu

I don’t think anyone really comes close to Higgins (at least since I’ve been watching). Selby comes a lot closer than most but I’d still say there’s a bit of distance between him and Higgins.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Higgins is definitely the one that comes to my mind first. His mental toughness has surprised me so many times. Never count him out.

Postby Johnny Bravo

TheRocket wrote:Who in your opinion is/was the strongest player mentally during his prime? And thus have a big advantage when the pressure is at its highest.

Choices are all the World Champions of the Crucible era (since 1977). I've also added the other option if someone believes a non-World Champion deserves to be mentioned.

You can vote for three options. Lets see who will end up in the Top3.

Hey, I only voted for one. How can I vote for the other two ?! :?

Postby TheRocket

Johnny Bravo wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Who in your opinion is/was the strongest player mentally during his prime? And thus have a big advantage when the pressure is at its highest.

Choices are all the World Champions of the Crucible era (since 1977). I've also added the other option if someone believes a non-World Champion deserves to be mentioned.

You can vote for three options. Lets see who will end up in the Top3.

Hey, I only voted for one. How can I vote for the other two ?! :?

You probably chose only one player and then immediately clicked on 'submit'. You should have picked all three players first before doing that.

Too late now I think. Maybe a mod can help.

Postby Andre147

I think you would need to reset the poll so that you could vote again, so all votes until now would be null and void.

I also voted one option and clicked submit because I didnt read the description properly. Voted Selby, the other 2 would be Davis and Higgins.

Postby Ash147

Andre147 wrote:I think you would need to reset the poll so that you could vote again, so all votes until now would be null and void.

I also voted one option and clicked submit because I didnt read the description properly. Voted Selby, the other 2 would be Davis and Higgins.

You're the only other person to choose the same as me. :hatoff:

Postby Johnny Bravo

Andre147 wrote:I think you would need to reset the poll so that you could vote again, so all votes until now would be null and void.

I also voted Selbo. It was very close between him and Higgins. Selbo edged it for me because he came back against Higgins in a world final.
It's very hard to choose a 3rd. I'll have to give that some deep thinking.