End of season tally?

8%
27%
5+
65%

Total votes : 26

Judd's 2019/2020 season tally

Postby Erza Scarlet

It's pretty clear he's dominating the game right now and the man to beat, 6 tournaments including the WC and the Masters won within the last 12 months!

5 finals just this year alone with all 5 won in a dominating fashion to boot and 2 tournaments already since the start of the new season...

so how many do you think he could end up with at the end of this season?

I'm going for 5 since he's already on 2 and plenty of tournaments left. His focus from now on is going to be the UK and I think he'll win it. 1 ITV event at least and another tournament somewhere.

Re: Judd's 2019/2020 season tally

Postby Erza Scarlet

Andre147 wrote:Voted 4

Which ones do you think he'll win?

Also do you agree that if he reaches a final, the opponent will have to play out of their skin these days with a 10-8 or a 10-9 scoreline? The game is coming very easy to Judd right now I can't see him getting beat with anything less. In the zone so to speak.

Postby Andre147

Erza Scarlet wrote:

Also do you agree that if he reaches a final, the opponent will have to play out of their skin these days with a 10-8 or a 10-9 scoreline? The game is coming very easy to Judd right now I can't see him getting beat with anything less. In the zone so to speak.

Probably the UK and an ITV tournament.

But the game is not that easy, even for him, and there will be a time this season when he's not playing so well and getting beat in consecutive tournaments.

But this year he's been close to dominating I agree.

Postby Erza Scarlet

Andre147 wrote:
Erza Scarlet wrote:

Probably the UK and an ITV tournament.

But the game is not that easy, even for him, and there will be a time this season when he's not playing so well and getting beat in consecutive tournaments.

But this year he's been close to dominating I agree.

Oh yeah he'll definitely have losses but he plays in everything and with the sheer amount of tournaments I think 5 looks easy right now. Ronnie won 5 events twice in the last two seasons playing half a season lol

I'd be surprised if it's anything less than 5 at his current rate, he's younger than all his main rivals and in the form of his life.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

The way Judd presents and carries himself on top of his tremendous talent is really making him 'the guy' to take snooker forward and bringing in new generations. If he continues like this, he will be the main name associated with the sport

Postby Johnny Bravo

Badsnookerplayer wrote:The way Judd presents and carries himself on top of his tremendous talent is really making him 'the guy' to take snooker forward and bringing in new generations. If he continues like this, he will be the main name associated with the sport

Not until Ronnie retires. When Ronnie won his first WC in 2001, he still wasn't more loved than Jimmy White.
Same goes for Judd. Until Ronnie retires or starts declining bigtime, he won't be the fan favorite.

Postby Johnny Bravo

I also voted 4. There's a lot of competition these days and it's hard for 1 man to dominate.
The Home Nations events and pretty much all short format events are a lottery.
As for the UK, I don't think Judd will win it.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Johnny Bravo wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:The way Judd presents and carries himself on top of his tremendous talent is really making him 'the guy' to take snooker forward and bringing in new generations. If he continues like this, he will be the main name associated with the sport

Not until Ronnie retires. When Ronnie won his first WC in 2001, he still wasn't more loved than Jimmy White.
Same goes for Judd. Until Ronnie retires or starts declining bigtime, he won't be the fan favorite.

It was a quote from the twitter feed that Erza posted.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:

It was a quote from the twitter feed that Erza posted.

:spot on:

Postby Pink Ball

His excellent form will hold until the end of this year when he wins the UK Championship. Then he’ll cop a surprise defeat at the Masters having looked for all the world to be on course to retain his title.

Then he’ll go into a funk and will relinquish his World title this spring.

He’ll win four ranking titles at most, but more probably three.

Postby McManusFan

I went for four, although I don't think one will be the UK. Probably the Masters, an ITV, or maybe the something like the china open.

Postby vodkadiet1

Trump is at the peak of his powers. He loves the game. He has the 'monkey off his back' after winning in Sheffield. He will win a lot this season. After all, he has just won a pretty big title with his 'B' game.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

vodkadiet1 wrote:Trump is at the peak of his powers. He loves the game. He has the 'monkey off his back' after winning in Sheffield. He will win a lot this season. After all, he has just won a pretty big title with his 'B' game.

That is a good point. Judd did not hit his A game in this tournament very often

Postby Iranu

I’m looking forward to seeing how he copes at the Crucible as defending World Champion*.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Erza Scarlet wrote:How come you guys think he won't win the UK? Pressure from the fans and media?

Cause of the stupid format and short matches. Anything can happen and all top players are vulnerable.

Postby Erza Scarlet

Johnny Bravo wrote:
Erza Scarlet wrote:How come you guys think he won't win the UK? Pressure from the fans and media?

Cause of the stupid format and short matches. Anything can happen and all top players are vulnerable.

Anything can happen in any tournament lol besides the UK is a longer format the the World Open which Judd just won.

I think he'll be really motivated. When was the last time someone held all 3 TC events? Williams? You bet he'll be gunning for it. Of course some pressure will play a part but he's playing too well and high on confidence atm

Postby Iranu

Only four players have held all the TCs at the same time.

It’s not impossible by any means, and the UK’s come at the right time, before Judd’s winning habit wears off. But I don’t think he’ll win it.

Postby Erza Scarlet

Iranu wrote:

It’s not impossible by any means, and the UK’s come at the right time, before Judd’s winning habit wears off. But I don’t think he’ll win it.

Who do you think will win it if not Judd? I can't see Ronnie winning it 3x in a row and he's reached every final there since 2014 apart from 2015 which he skipped the tournament entirely. Eventually it has to stop but I said that last year.

Selby is a possibility trying to come back to the TC winners circle.

Postby Iranu

Erza Scarlet wrote:
Iranu wrote:

Who do you think will win it if not Judd? I can't see Ronnie winning it 3x in a row and he's reached every final there since 2014 apart from 2015 which he skipped the tournament entirely. Eventually it has to stop but I said that last year.

Selby is a possibility trying to come back to the TC winners circle.

I think ruling Ronnie out would be foolish but no I don’t think he’s a favourite.

I think Selby’s a good shout, Murphy too if he continues his good form from Asia in the CoC and Belfast.

I’d love to say Ding but I think ruling him in is as foolish as ruling Ronnie out at the moment <laugh>

Postby SnookerFan

Juddernaut wrote:He's already won 3 titles so far. I would be very surprised if he didn't finish the season on 5+.

I just voted that.