Stephen Maguire or Stuart Bingham

Stephen Maguire
73%
Stuart Bingham
27%

Total votes : 22

Stephen Maguire or Stuart Bingham

Postby Ash147

Stephen Maguire or Stuart Bingham. They have both won a similar number of events, with one Triple Crown event each. They have each earned a similar amount of career money, and have made almost the same number century breaks. They have both been ranked as high as number 2 in the world. One has certainly underachieved, whilst the other has arguably overachieved. The question is which of the two do you rate as the better player?

Re: Stephen Maguire or Stuart Bingham

Postby Ash147

Dan-cat wrote:I want to say Mags, but it's just not true is it?

Maguire should have been better, no question about it. Whether he is remains open to debate.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Ash147 wrote:

Maguire should have been better, no question about it. Whether he is remains open to debate.

Well he can't be better than he is can he?

Postby Pink Ball

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Ash147 wrote:

Well he can't be better than he is can he?

This is Stephen Maguire we're talking about here. There aren't many players in history that had more potential than he had.

But he didn't deliver on it, sadly. Bingham did. And when all that's considered, Bingham wins.

Postby SnookerFan

I was a bit like that.

It still seems a bit of a paradox that Bingham has become such an accomplished player, having spent years as a journeyman. Maguire promised a lot, so it's tempting to say him. But he never lived up to that promise.

On the other hand, Bingham has delivered quite a lot, despite not promising anything for years. <laugh>