Post a reply

Re: Q-School 2018

Postby aimlesswandeer

Hopefully Brown prevails. Jones is another player with a ridiculous AST.

Postby Deewee

Craigie should have never even dropped out but nice to get back on the first go

Postby aimlesswandeer

Mr Speedy Jack Jones has gone from 2-0 down to 3-2 so is now favourite to win the final card. Yawn.

Postby roy142857

So Jak Jones yet another reclaiming his place. Another 24 year old too ...

Share the sentiment re Challenger Tour developing the players.

Postby Wildey

Q School Qualifiers

Hammad Miah age 24 Turned Pro 2013/2014 season 5th and 6th season on tour
Sam Craigie age 24 Turned Pro 2011/2012 season 4th and 5th season on tour
Sam Baird age 29 Turned Pro 2009/2010 season 9th and 10th season on tour
Jak Jones age 24 Turned Pro 2010/2011 season 6th and 7th season on tour

Postby mick745

Not inconceivable that all 12 qualifiers could be pros who dropped off this season or last. WHERE IS THE NEW TALENT COMING THROUGH? I dispair.

Postby SteveJJ

Quick turn around for Jordan Brown to get over his disappointment. Last game to finish in event 1 and he starts event 2 at 9am tomorrow.

Postby kolompar

mick745 wrote:Not inconceivable that all 12 qualifiers could be pros who dropped off this season or last. WHERE IS THE NEW TALENT COMING THROUGH? I dispair.

They are better off on the Challenge Tour anyway <laugh> I'm hoping for the mainland Europeans to do better, the Asians have done well so far, I wonder how many of them would play the Challenge Tour.

Postby Wildey

mick745 wrote:Not inconceivable that all 12 qualifiers could be pros who dropped off this season or last. WHERE IS THE NEW TALENT COMING THROUGH? I dispair.

the fact is there is no new talent coming through.

Christ our World Champion is a self confessed Has Been.

Postby aimlesswandeer

The ladies are struggling this morning. A tough draw for Reanne and Ng is out of her depth.

Postby SteveJJ

Jordan Brown bounced back well from the disappointment of yesterday to beat Reanne 4-1.

Ng On Yee back to 2-2 with former pro Darryl Hill.

Postby aimlesswandeer

It’s all down to Heather Clare to salvage some pride for the ladies. I’m not holding my breath.

Postby aimlesswandeer

A good win for French teenager Ochoiski with an AST Of just over 16.

Also wins for players from Ukraine, India, Malta and Malaysia, with Germany’s Frede going well at the moment.

Postby SteveJJ

aimlesswandeer wrote:A good win for French teenager Ochoiski with an AST Of just over 16.

Also wins for players from Ukraine, India, Malta and Malaysia, with Germany’s Frede going well at the moment.

Lets hope the best of these do well enough to get on the challenge tour. Possibly the forum for them to improve their game quicker.

Postby SteveJJ

aimlesswandeer wrote:It’s all down to Heather Clare to salvage some pride for the ladies. I’m not holding my breath.

What you don't think she'll beat David Grace in her next match?!

Postby Tamctus

aimlesswandeer wrote:It’s all down to Heather Clare to salvage some pride for the ladies. I’m not holding my breath.

Don't forget about Thailand's 18yo Nutcharut Wongharuthai!

Postby SteveJJ

aimlesswandeer wrote:A good win for French teenager Ochoiski with an AST Of just over 16.

Ochoiski also made a century.

Postby aimlesswandeer

SteveJJ wrote:

What you don't think she'll beat David Grace in her next match?!

Based on her performance in the last event she’ll do well to get fifty points in the whole match.

Postby aimlesswandeer

SteveJJ wrote:

Ochoiski also made a century.

Yes, I saw that.

18 year old German Dikme is leading against Pagett.

A good win for the Mauritian but he’s pushing 50...
Last edited by aimlesswandeer on 20 May 2018, edited 1 time in total.

Postby aimlesswandeer

Tamctus wrote:

Don't forget about Thailand's 18yo Nutcharut Wongharuthai!

Sorry, I didn’t know she was a she!

Postby aimlesswandeer

Pagett forces a decider against the young German. I fear the worst for the boy. He lost 4-3 in Q1.

Postby vodkadiet

Dikme wins....

Postby TheSaviour

Sams, Craigie and Baird!! :D :D :D :D And Jak Jones, as well expected (from my part at least), completely superior standards, immediately booking his more than a well deserved tour card.

Lucky Vatnani showed a bit of his much hailed (from my part at least) talents and top-scored with 132 (Event2). While Corey Deuel has lost it completely. Bit of a like Neil Robertson on a main tour, just a different scale.

Reanne also in troubles when and as the going gets tough. Perhaps (probably) takings too much granted. Always be carefull of people who comes to tell "hard luck" stories. And never stop to help broken-down vehicles.. Basic street wisdom.

Scores of players on here don´t have any other realistic option than trying to imitate better players and hoping it would be enough. The troubles is, always if making it personal, there should be some credit givings also. All of us some have strong points and strenghts also. Always mention something positive also, if making it personal. If not, then you don´t have to even mention absolutely anything. And not to mention anything can also be a credit giving effort.

Like Mark J Williams is a great reigning WC, as he´s a bit of a clown. A clown who can play a bit and not going for anything daft. This current tour needs to have a WC who is a clown. As this is a clown´s circus. The break which MJW made to to eventually beat John HInggins was one of the best I have ever seen while the heavy pressure is on. The most insane opening red and even if he would had missed that pot, there most likely wouldn´t had been anything on to John. John played his socks off in terms of safety and not leaving anything on to Mark to make it match from the way back,

But think about Ronnie O´Sullivan. The man´s a perfectionist. Any giving time he plays he does something even much better than ever before. It doesn´t mean anything. The overall standards won´t be raising, as he has mental weaknesses. But superb to watch. If Ronnie just keeps on putting the people down, down and down, it always comes back to haunt him. When he is with his mates he always should give some credits also. Instead of just STATING things. Not to mention anything could also work. Ronnie vs Saengham in Thailand 13.5.2018 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6L8Gn3AgTSk were simply awesome to watch. Ronnie´s certainly a perfectionist as he himself also claims to be. And he certainly is. He´s just playing better on each time he plays. Even when the overall standards won´t be raising, but that´s a whole different story that.

Not their fault if you are not making any sense. If there aren´t any weddings, it´s hardly their fault. As you personally, no matter how hide that own personality is, are not making any sense.

Postby aimlesswandeer

A convincing win for Jackson Page. Maybe this’ll be his tournament.

A defeat for young Pinhey after showing promise in Q1.

Andres Petrov lost a 3-0 lead and lost the decider to Dylan Craig of Scotland when Craig needed a snooker. Craig played quite well in some European Tour events a couple of years back so perhaps one to watch.

Postby bluelagoon

Best of Q-School 2018 so far:

accussed
amongs
backtoschoo
brokendown
centurylist
chengdufan
cuests
dispair
dissappear
event2
event3
exatcly
experianced
givings
hailes
hamxa
hancorn
hinggins
intuation
iwith
jiaming
keldie
mauritian
mingqi
mohammadali
nivas
nutcharut
onals
orning
pastebin
pinhey
playlistlistp
pordel
qschoolists
qualifie
qualifyi
runned
saengham
salokivi
shafaqut
simmondsmiah
strenghts
tamctus
thecueview
thisll
topscored
wongharuthai

Postby Deewee

11 points for Heather Clare against David Grace, so that's 41 points in two events. Will she get to fifty in the third????