Post a reply

Re: Q School 3 !!!

Postby aimlesswandeer

csprince wrote:
hendry_fan wrote:
csprince wrote:dean young wins 4-1

GET THE BUCKIN ELLLLLLLLL IN THERE DEAN LADDIE!!!!!!!!!!!!.

I was out shortly with the Missus,and i kept havin a glance at my Handy,was thrilled that he managed to beat Mann.

Just saw that he also managed to beat Pinhey and QUALIFY!!!!.Thats made my weekend!!!. :happy:

Many congrats Dean!. :clap: :clap: :happy: :cracker:

https://youtu.be/DN87mVzL28s

:dance2: :mosh2: :happy: :party: :-D

gods know what you'll be like if scotland wins the euros.

We’ll do well to win a game never mind the whole thing. Great to have a young Scot on tour though especially when he seems to be about the only prospect there is.

Postby aimlesswandeer

Wildey wrote:Qualifiers
Duane Jones Age 28 7th and 8th season on tour Turned Pro 2015/2016
Lei Peifan Age 17 3rd and 4th season on tour Turned Pro 2019/2020
Dean Young Age 19 1st and 2nd season on tour Turned Pro 2021/2022
Hammad Miah Age 27 7th and 8th season on tour Turned Pro 2013/2014
Mitchell Mann Age 29 7th and 8th season on tour Turned Pro 2014/2015

who will be the last of the 14 Qualifiers this year?

Mark Lloyd v Ian Burns

All under 30 which is a nice contrast to event two. Though I’m not overexcited at the return of Jones, Mann or Miah good luck to all three.

The Shootout fans will get to do their Mamma Mia/Hammad Miah ditty again too.

Postby SnookerEd25

Is HendryFan pleased? :chin:

Hard to tell.

His posts are just so damned cryptic :sad:

Postby lhpirnie

Jones, Miah, Mann and Burns are decent players. They will be OK to have on tour. The two young players are good prospects. It was QS2 that was the real disappointment.

I'm really amazed by how well Lei Peifan has done. And we actually have a rookie pro in Dean Young, well-timed following Alan McManus' retirement.

Postby Wildey

2021 Q School qualifiers
Barry Pinches Eng Age 50 29th and 30th season on tour Turned Pro 1989/1990
Peter Lines Eng Age 51 27th and 28th season on tour Turned Pro 1991/1992
Alfie Burden Eng Age 44 25th and 26th season on tour Turned Pro 1994/1995
Michael Judge Eire Age 45 20th and 21st season on tour Turned Pro 1992/1993
Craig Steadman Eng Age 38 10th and 11th season on tour Turned Pro 2009/2010
Ian Burns Eng Age 36 10th and 11th season on tour Turned Pro 2012/2013
Frazer Patrick Sco Age 35 8th and 9th season on tour Turned Pro 2007/2008
Hammad Miah Eng Age 27 7th and 8th season on tour Turned Pro 2013/2014
Mitchell Mann Eng Age 29 7th and 8th season on tour Turned Pro 2014/2015
Duane Jones Wal Age 28 7th and 8th season on tour Turned Pro 2015/2016
Yuan SiJun China Age 21 5th and 6th season on tour Turned Pro 2017/2018
Jackson Page Wal Age 19 3rd and 4th season on tour Turned Pro 2019/2020
Lei Peifan China Age 17 3rd and 4th season on tour Turned Pro 2019/2020
Dean Young Sco Age 19 1st and 2nd season on tour Turned Pro 2021/2022

Postby vodkadiet1

The only sickening player there is Pinches.

Postby Reg Varney

vodkadiet1 wrote:The only sickening player there is Pinches.

A scandalous comment!

Postby Alex0paul

Gutted for Hayden Pinhey. Lost last round last year too

Postby hendry_fan

GET THE BUCKIN ELLLLLLLLL IN THERE DEAN LADDIE!!!!!!!!!!!!.

I was out shortly with the Missus,and i kept havin a glance at my Handy,was thrilled that he managed to beat Mann.

Just saw that he also managed to beat Pinhey and QUALIFY!!!!.Thats made my weekend!!!. :happy:

Many congrats Dean!.

https://youtu.be/DN87mVzL28s

gods know what you'll be like if scotland wins the euros.[/quote][/quote]

Well,i,m with aimlesswandeer on that topic.Scotland will do great to even win a match,never mind win the Euro.

In fact,we,ll do great to even score a goal!. <laugh>

At least we managed to qualify again though, :roll: :-D

I wasnae a happy bunny that England beat Croatia 1-0 today!. :wild: :grrr: But it could,ve been worse as England had a good few chances to score more.

if Scotland beat them on Friday,i might do a Wildey and an Alex0paul. <laugh>

Oh,and a congrats to Djokovic btw!.

I watch Tennis now n again.I saw most of the Final today.When Djokovic won the 3rd set,i thought,he,s gonna comeback n win.What a player he is!. :clap:

Postby Juddernaut88

Hendry_fan I'm disappointed you didn't want England to win and also disappointed you wanted Djokovic to win >-( He is boooooo.
Good luck to Scotland tomorrow!

Oh and I played snooker against my best friend yesterday and beat him 5-3 :D I remember telling you last week that he's beaten me the last 3-4 times we've played .My highest break was only 15, should have been 22 but I was feeling the pressure on the black lol. I did get a lot of lucky snookers in a few frames at crucial times which also helped me but I did feel I was due a win against him!

Postby Alex0paul

Hammad Miah: Here We Go Again

Postby hendry_fan

Good morning Juddie.

OH!,i gave you a double disappointment!. :-(

If England weren,t in the same group as Scotland,i,d of been rootin for em!. :-)

And as far as Djoko,s concerned.I was actually neutral.He did brilliantly well to comeback though,pulled off some crackin shots,so credit to him.

My guess,is that your a RF fan?. :chin:

Well,you certainly did,nt disappoint me in your 5-3 win against your best freind!.Very well done!. GET INNNN THERE!.:happy:

You did disappoint me by missing the black though!. >-( It,s high time you managed a 20+er again!. :-D

I,m on holiday this week.But that nerve,ligament,whatever it is,i pulled,is still not right,so i,ll be takin it easy,i was gonna take it easy anyway.

I,m gonna treat myself to a few glasses o :wine: on Friday,lookin forward to seein Scotland beat England!.And i,ll also treat myself to 2 bean n tattie pies.

Hmm,talkin of BnT pies,Dan- :cat: still owes me 13 o them!,so still got them to look forward to. :happy: :-D

Postby The_Abbott

Order of Merit Top 10

1 Sanderson Lam (Eng)
2 Michael Georgiou (Cyp)
3 Si Jiahui (Chi)
4 Soheil Vahedi (Ira)
5 Michael White (Wal)
6 David Lilley (Eng)
7 Ross Muir (Sco)
8 John Astley (Eng)
9 Bai Langning (Chi)
10 James Cahill (Eng)

These are the likely faces we will see in most events as top up's. Will the non- British players need a work permit to stay?

Postby lhpirnie

The_Abbott wrote:Order of Merit Top 10

1 Sanderson Lam (Eng)
2 Michael Georgiou (Cyp)
3 Si Jiahui (Chi)
4 Soheil Vahedi (Ira)
5 Michael White (Wal)
6 David Lilley (Eng)
7 Ross Muir (Sco)
8 John Astley (Eng)
9 Bai Langning (Chi)
10 James Cahill (Eng)

These are the likely faces we will see in most events as top up's. Will the non- British players need a work permit to stay?

Yes, but Si, Vahedi and Bai might be able to stay for a few tournaments until their existing VISA expires. They will also need sponsorship, which could be problematic as it can be dependent on them having 'professional status'. Most likely, they will leave at some point. There's over a month to go before the first tournament of 2021-22 (a Championship League), and 2 months before the British Open, the first knockout. I imagine Si will go back to CBSA Beijing, Bai will go back to Wiraka Shenzhen (Roger Leighton), whilst Vahedi has some difficult decisions to make.

But we still only have 122 players signed-up. The next few months could see 6 of those players having effectively a Tour Card, although minus the 'status'.

Postby The_Abbott

lhpirnie wrote:
The_Abbott wrote:Order of Merit Top 10

1 Sanderson Lam (Eng)
2 Michael Georgiou (Cyp)
3 Si Jiahui (Chi)
4 Soheil Vahedi (Ira)
5 Michael White (Wal)
6 David Lilley (Eng)
7 Ross Muir (Sco)
8 John Astley (Eng)
9 Bai Langning (Chi)
10 James Cahill (Eng)

Yes, but Si, Vahedi and Bai might be able to stay for a few tournaments until their existing VISA expires. They will also need sponsorship, which could be problematic as it can be dependent on them having 'professional status'. Most likely, they will leave at some point. There's over a month to go before the first tournament of 2021-22 (a Championship League), and 2 months before the British Open, the first knockout. I imagine Si will go back to CBSA Beijing, Bai will go back to Wiraka Shenzhen (Roger Leighton), whilst Vahedi has some difficult decisions to make.

But we still only have 122 players signed-up. The next few months could see 6 of those players having effectively a Tour Card, although minus the 'status'.

They would be better off just giving out the 6 cards to the top 6 and then if there is 128 main players plus 6 they could have a pre qualifier between the bottom 12. It wouldn't hurt this year.

Postby lhpirnie

The_Abbott wrote:They would be better off just giving out the 6 cards to the top 6 and then if there is 128 main players plus 6 they could have a pre qualifier between the bottom 12. It wouldn't hurt this year.

I agree with giving 1-year cards (or possibly 3-month cards, until the continental nominations are able to compete). But play-offs aren't right. You cannot change the rules retrospectively. The players have entered Q School on the understanding that the Order of Merit is used to allocate top-up places, and the professionals are entitled to play in the L128-round without pre-qualifying.

Actually, arranging extra matches does cost money - you have to have available tables, referees, facilities and prizemoney/expenses. Looking at the plans for the upcoming season, it appears they are trying to play most events using 4 tables, with a tight schedule.

Postby SteveJJ

2 top up players guaranteed to be in the Championship league as Zhou Yuelong and Zhao Xintong not entering.

I'm sure there will be more of the Chinese contingent who have gone home not coming back for this.

Postby lhpirnie

SteveJJ wrote:2 top up players guaranteed to be in the Championship league as Zhou Yuelong and Zhao Xintong not entering.

I'm sure there will be more of the Chinese contingent who have gone home not coming back for this.

Yes, and there is also a CBSA tournament in China in July. It's probably worth holding out a little longer, as flights may be easier (it's a nightmare right now), and quarantine rules might be relaxed a bit. Yan Bingtao and Chang Bingyu are still in the UK.

Postby Wildey

lhpirnie wrote:
SteveJJ wrote:2 top up players guaranteed to be in the Championship league as Zhou Yuelong and Zhao Xintong not entering.

Yes, and there is also a CBSA tournament in China in July. It's probably worth holding out a little longer, as flights may be easier (it's a nightmare right now), and quarantine rules might be relaxed a bit. Yan Bingtao and Chang Bingyu are still in the UK.

Yan Bingtao hasent been back to china since 2019