Post a reply

Re: Q School 1 !!!

Postby Wildey

So the Big guns coming in tonight Michael White and Peter Lines in action.

Peter is the first drop down pro to play He takes on a tough opponent in Connor Benzey who played in 3 Main Tour Events during last season including the World Championship losing to Billy Joe Castle

Postby SteveJJ

Wildey wrote:So the Big guns coming in tonight Michael White and Peter Lines in action.

Peter is the first drop down pro to play He takes on a tough opponent in Connor Benzey who played in 3 Main Tour Events during last season including the World Championship losing to Billy Joe Castle

Sargeant played yesterday - he didn't get a bye into the second round.

Postby SteveJJ

Bad news for Ronnie fans as Michael White sweeps aside Ronnie Blake 4-1 having lost the first frame.

Postby csprince

SteveJJ wrote:No result/score given for the 2pm game between Walker and Sarkhosh

snooker.org are saying walker got a walkover.

Postby SteveJJ

csprince wrote:
SteveJJ wrote:No result/score given for the 2pm game between Walker and Sarkhosh

snooker.org are saying walker got a walkover.

Thank you

Postby SteveJJ

Day 3 starts, with more biggish guns in action.

First set of games generally going the way of the experienced player so far

Postby SteveJJ

Wins for Riley Parsons, Leo Fernandez, Ian Burns, Brandon Sargeant and Paul Davison.

Postby Wildey

SPOT 1 DRAW
Michael White v Ben Fortey
Peter Lines v Riley Parsons
Lee Stephens v Lee Shanker
Alex Taubman v Luke Pinches
Dylan Emery v Leo Fernandez
Ian Burns v Brandon Sargeant
David Lilley v Paul S Davison
Paul Davies v Ross Vallance

Postby SteveJJ

David Lilley, Paul Davies and Ross Vallance make up the first set of winners for the day.

Tony Knowles back in action now against Craig Steadman

Postby Wildey

it seems Tony Knowles is Grinding hard in the first frame leading 47-0 after about 4 scoring visits but he needs to score to give himself a chance

Postby Reg Varney

TK two frames up against Steadman

Postby chengdufan

Wildey wrote:SPOT 1 DRAW

White the clear favourite in this section. By my reckoning, the most likely outcome is that he'll beat Burns in the final.

It's good to see Davies producing. He could be a surprise. He was a solid 32-64 ranked pro for a long time.

Postby Wildey

Have to be honest i was expectng Steadman to be far too strong for Knowles.

Theres nobody in that section that on paper anyway stronger player than Steadman hes come through Q School twice before in 2014 and 2018

Postby Wildey

chengdufan wrote:
Wildey wrote:SPOT 1 DRAW

White the clear favourite in this section. By my reckoning, the most likely outcome is that he'll beat Burns in the final.

It's good to see Davies producing. He could be a surprise. He was a solid 32-64 ranked pro for a long time.

peter lines is one big stumbling block for white and its very close in Head to Head.

Postby Reg Varney

I was expecting nothing from Knowles after watching him in the Seniors.

Looks like Steadman will pull one back here; trails by 13 but at the table with just blue to black remaining.

Postby Reg Varney

I spoke to soon.

Steadman misses the pink and Knowles pots the one ball he needed.
Last edited by Reg Varney on 29 May 2021, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Wildey

Tony Knowles whitewashes Craig Steadman to get through to the Last 16 in his Section of the draw

Postby SteveJJ

Wildey wrote:Tony Knowles whitewashes Craig Steadman to get through to the Last 16 in his Section of the draw

I didn't see that happening

Postby Wildey

SteveJJ wrote:
Wildey wrote:Tony Knowles whitewashes Craig Steadman to get through to the Last 16 in his Section of the draw

no that was a surprise looking at the draw Tony might have a chance there's no doubt hes ultra negative in the way he plays these days but that is his best hope hes not going to make the breaks that's for sure.

Postby SnookerEd25

TK putting Jimmy White to shame :sad:

Postby SteveJJ

Frenchman Niel Vincent progresses.

James Cahill whitewashes Julien Leclercq.

Simon Blackwell beats Ivan Kakovskii in a decider

Postby cupotee

why is snooker.org not putting an a for amateur after every players name in this event, do they know something we don't , either that or they've came to the conclusion that this isn't a proper amateur event .
I'd like to see these three events extended to about twelve throughout a season and the twelve players with the best records given tour cards , something similar to the old pios , seems a bit fairer.

Postby HappyCamper

cupotee wrote:why is snooker.org not putting an a for amateur after every players name in this event, do they know something we don't , either that or they've came to the conclusion that this isn't a proper amateur event .
I'd like to see these three events extended to about twelve throughout a season and the twelve players with the best records given tour cards , something similar to the old pios , seems a bit fairer.

They probably just haven't updated the database from last season yet.

Postby Wildey

cupotee wrote:why is snooker.org not putting an a for amateur after every players name in this event, do they know something we don't , either that or they've came to the conclusion that this isn't a proper amateur event .

Technically they not a Amateur yet they got this to retain their pro status.

This is not a Amataur event its a WST Event a pro ticket event.

Postby csprince

you've kinda got that with the challenge/q tour and this gives the players who have dropped of a chance to get straight back on.

Postby csprince

Wildey wrote:
SteveJJ wrote:

no that was a surprise looking at the draw Tony might have a chance there's no doubt hes ultra negative in the way he plays these days but that is his best hope hes not going to make the breaks that's for sure.

haven't caught up with todays results yet knowles beating steadman and by whitewash is a surprise.