Post a reply

Re: Q School 1 !!!

Postby Wildey

SPOT 1 Final
Peter Lines v Ian Burns/David Lilley


SPOT 2 Final
Fraser Patrick/Lei Peifan v Bai Langning


SPOT 3 Final
Michael Georgiou v Jackson Page


SPOT 4 Final
Mitchell Mann v Yuan SiJun

Re: Q School 1 !!!

Postby SteveJJ

Dan-cat wrote:That Mikey White result was dissapointing. Does he get to compete again next week?


Yep next event starts tomorrow. He plays Shafaqut Hussain or Richard Wienold on Thursday night

Re: Q School 1 !!!

Postby Wildey

If Jackson Page gets back on tour, hopefully he will put what hes learned to good use.

Great talent dare i say it probably by far British Best teenager prospect still only 19

Re: Q School 1 !!!

Postby lhpirnie

Wildey wrote:If Jackson Page gets back on tour, hopefully he will put what hes learned to good use.

Great talent dare i say it probably by far British Best teenager prospect still only 19

Yes, I definitely think he should be on the tour. A year out would be damaging at his age, and he does have potential.

Re: Q School 1 !!!

Postby Wildey

So Here we go then

SPOT 1 Semi Finals DRAW
Peter Lines v Ian Burns


SPOT 2 Final
Fraser Patrick v Bai Langning


SPOT 3 Final
Michael Georgiou 0-1 Jackson Page


SPOT 4 Finals
Mitchell Mann 0-1 Yuan SiJun


only Georgiou was not on Tour last season

Re: Q School 1 !!!

Postby Wildey

Bai Langning deserves another crack at it after his second season was Ravaged by Covid

Re: Q School 1 !!!

Postby Wildey

Jackson Page is a man on a Mission today 7 Frames on the spin to leave him 1 frame from another 2 year card

Re: Q School 1 !!!

Postby lhpirnie

Wildey wrote:Jackson Page is a man on a Mission today 7 Frames on the spin to leave him 1 frame from another 2 year card

Yes, it's been a fine performance today from him. That's how to do it.

Re: Q School 1 !!!

Postby Wildey

So First man to earn another 2 year Card

Jackson Page Age 19 3rd and 4th season on tour Turned Pro 2019/2020

Re: Q School 1 !!!

Postby Wildey

Bai Langning or Yuan Sijun hasent played Q School before both earning cards the Chinese Route.

Re: Q School 1 !!!

Postby Wildey

Yuan SiJun Age 21 5th and 6th season on tourTurned Pro 2017/2018


Yuan SiJun has also made it back immediately just like Jackson Page

Re: Q School 1 !!!

Postby lhpirnie

Wildey wrote:Bai Langning or Yuan Sijun hasent played Q School before both earning cards the Chinese Route.

Actually Yuan Sijun won an ACBS Junior World title. Bai Langning was a 'Chinese nomination' after finishing 2nd on the amateur rankings in 2019 (behind Chang Bingyu). Both players have been playing at the Q House Academy in Darlington, coached by Mike Dunn.

Re: Q School 1 !!!

Postby Wildey

Q School 1 Qualifiers

Peter Lines Age 51 27th and 28th season on tour Turned Pro 1991/1992
Frazer Patrick Age 35 8th and 9th season on tour Turned Pro 2007/2008
Jackson Page Age 19 3rd and 4th season on tour Turned Pro 2019/2020
Yuan SiJun Age 21 5th and 6th season on tourTurned Pro 2017/2018

Re: Q School 1 !!!

Postby cupotee

Fraser Patrick would be a really good player if he could score more , all other areas of his game look really good if he can just cut out the unforced misses he's a match for anyone.

Re: Q School 1 !!!

Postby SnookerEd25

Dan-cat wrote:Good for you Peter Lines :-) defintely a good guy.


And more Lines v Lines battles somewhere down the lines <ok>

Re: Q School 1 !!!

Postby lhpirnie

cupotee wrote:Fraser Patrick would be a really good player if he could score more , all other areas of his game look really good if he can just cut out the unforced misses he's a match for anyone.

Well I disagree with that. But he did very well to keep his composure against the two Chinese teenagers. Possibly the high-point of his career?

Re: Q School 1 !!!

Postby cupotee

lhpirnie wrote:
cupotee wrote:Fraser Patrick would be a really good player if he could score more , all other areas of his game look really good if he can just cut out the unforced misses he's a match for anyone.

Well I disagree with that. But he did very well to keep his composure against the two Chinese teenagers. Possibly the high-point of his career?


Possibly, I just see no reason why he should be yo yoing in and out of q school unlike someone like say Robbie Williams , it's almost like these kind of tournaments suit him because he doesn't score enough so it's more of an attrition thing with him and he's completely used to it, I thought he lost too easily against joe o Connor in the crucible qualifiers because o Connor is a better potter and steadier break builder , I don't see why he can't improve this though , if he doesn't I think he'll be back here again in two years time , we'll see.

Re: Q School 1 !!!

Postby lhpirnie

cupotee wrote:
lhpirnie wrote:
cupotee wrote:Fraser Patrick would be a really good player if he could score more , all other areas of his game look really good if he can just cut out the unforced misses he's a match for anyone.

Well I disagree with that. But he did very well to keep his composure against the two Chinese teenagers. Possibly the high-point of his career?


Possibly, I just see no reason why he should be yo yoing in and out of q school unlike someone like say Robbie Williams , it's almost like these kind of tournaments suit him because he doesn't score enough so it's more of an attrition thing with him and he's completely used to it, I thought he lost too easily against joe o Connor in the crucible qualifiers because o Connor is a better potter and steadier break builder , I don't see why he can't improve this though , if he doesn't I think he'll be back here again in two years time , we'll see.

He's a steady enough player, but has a very limited range and technique. I don't see how he can make major improvements at his stage of career. He's won 2 matches in his last 2 seasons, and at 35 you'd expect more from someone with potential. I wish him all the best, but the tour is really really tough.

Re: Q School 1 !!!

Postby hendry_fan

Pleased for Patrick.


































Pleased. :roll:

I,m a buckin happy :bugs:














GET INNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN THERE FRASER!. :clap: :cracker: :happy: :happy: :happy:

Re: Q School 1 !!!

Postby hendry_fan

Juddernaut88 wrote:Here's Hendry_fan :D





Good morning Juddie,hope your awright?.

Just poppin in very shortly,as i,m goin back to bed soon. :-D




I actually should,nt be a happy :bugs: as all of the Scots.bar Fraser have been rubbish so far!.



I was hopin a new Scottish superstar would start to make a breakthrough,but does,nt look like it atm.


It,s no surprise really that Fraser managed to qualify.I,m kinda expecting Ross to qualiy too.



But no matter what happens in the coming matches,at least 1 Scot has managed to qualify,i guess thats better than 0!. :roll: :-D

Re: Q School 1 !!!

Postby Juddernaut88

Afternoon Hendry_fan I'm not too bad thanks, how are you doing?
Have you played much snooker recently?
It's a shame the rest of the Scottish players haven't done well apart from Fraser.