Post a reply

2022 Q School 1 !!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Monday 16th of May~Saturday 21st of May at Ponds Forge International Sports Centre, Sheffield

Here We Go again early Summer Fix of Snooker and this year some well known long time professionals who have dropped off will be taking Part Michael Holt, Kurt Mafflin, Andrew Higginson and Fergal O Brien to name just 4.

There Will also be Q School Stalwarts like Alex Taubman who has played in All 29 previous Q School events without much success, reaching just 7 Last 32 and goes no further than that.

Then there's Top 16 players of yesteryear Tony Knowles and Dean Reynolds trying to return to the main tour. Tony Knowles career 1980-2001 and Dean Reynolds 1981-2001 can they turn back the clock?

Who will be the first 4 Graduates of 2022?

DRAW
ORDER OF PLAY

Re: Snooker Q School

Postby SteveJJ

Clenshaw v Wang Yuchen looks the pick of the day 1 games. Former pro's Andy Lee and Chris Totten also face off.

Re: 2022 Q School 1 !!!

Postby chengdufan

6 tables to choose from on Migu :-D

I'm watching Liu Hongyu v Andy Milliard

Postby Minimum Break

chengdufan wrote:6 tables to choose from on Migu :-D

I'm watching Liu Hongyu v Andy Milliard

Are you able to provide any links?

Postby chengdufan

Poor first frame from Liu and 57 year old Milliard does enough to take it. Hopefully Liu will settle soon.

Postby chengdufan

Awful start from Liu in frame 2 so I've switched over to Ka Wai Cheung v Bradley Tyson. Nobody tell Wildey, the Hong Kong native is wearing a mask.

Postby chengdufan

After i switched over, Liu made a 79 to level at 1-1...

Postby chengdufan

I see Andre is reffing James Height v James Burrett.

Postby chengdufan

Very sexy 134 total clearance from Liu in frame 3. Particularly good pack split early on in the frame, blasting the reds wide open. And expertly brought the last couple of reds off the cushion for the clearance.
He's in full flow now and looking cocky.

Postby Wildey

you cant make this up a event in sheffield is only streamed in china

Postby chengdufan

Liu Hongyu wraps it up with a 58 break. It will be incredible if he doesn't qualify through q school, and he should get plenty of wins against the pros this coming season.

Postby lhpirnie

chengdufan wrote:Liu Hongyu wraps it up with a 58 break. It will be incredible if he doesn't qualify through q school, and he should get plenty of wins against the pros this coming season.

Be careful! He's also capable of playing a terrible match sometimes. He's actually got one of the worst draws in the three Q Schools.

Postby chengdufan

lhpirnie wrote:
chengdufan wrote:Liu Hongyu wraps it up with a 58 break. It will be incredible if he doesn't qualify through q school, and he should get plenty of wins against the pros this coming season.

Be careful! He's also capable of playing a terrible match sometimes. He's actually got one of the worst draws in the three Q Schools.

He seems similar to Zhao Xintong in many ways. The biggest difference I'd say is in his attitude. You can tell he's annoyed when he misses and feeling on top of the world when the exhibition shots are flying in.

Postby chengdufan

Deam Reynolds finally wins frame 3 to pull it back to 2-1. 130 minutes for 3 frames :shock:

Postby chengdufan

I'm giving Deng Haohui v Nattanapong a try. The Chinese player is a tall lad aged 19. I'd guess he's from the North East of China. The Thai player is 17 and looks fresh out of primary school.

Postby chengdufan

A couple of no shows from Pakistani players. First Babar Masih, now Abdul Javed.

Postby SteveJJ

chengdufan wrote:A couple of no shows from Pakistani players. First Babar Masih, now Abdul Javed.

Javed would have been playing in an India v Pakistan showdown

Postby SteveJJ

Wildey mentioned Taubman being the ultimate q school stalwart. Phil O'Kane can't be too far behind

Postby SteveJJ

chengdufan wrote:A couple of no shows from Pakistani players. First Babar Masih, now Abdul Javed.

Looks like Muhammad Imran is another no show from Pakistan

Postby chengdufan

SteveJJ wrote:Wildey mentioned Taubman being the ultimate q school stalwart. Phil O'Kane can't be too far behind

Taubman, Burrett and Nasir the only players to have played in every Q School. Taubman has the best record of the 3, winning 30. Nasir has won 28. Burrett picked up only his tenth win this morning.

Postby chengdufan

Sydney Wilson also worth a mention. The only year he didn't play was 2016, when he was a pro after qualifying from 2015 Q School. He's won 41 of his 66 matches.

Oliver Brown is the only other player to hve played 66. He has already qualified for a 22-23 tour card so won't be at Q School this time.

Postby chengdufan

Deng Haohui took frame 1. It could have gone either way, with both players looking well capable of making 20+ breaks

Postby lhpirnie

chengdufan wrote:I'm giving Deng Haohui v Nattanapong a try. The Chinese player is a tall lad aged 19. I'd guess he's from the North East of China. The Thai player is 17 and looks fresh out of primary school.

Some of the young players took part in a practice tournament last week in one of the academies. Deng Haohui beat Iulian Boiko 4-2 in the final. He's a good prospect although very inexperienced.

Postby chengdufan

lhpirnie wrote:
chengdufan wrote:I'm giving Deng Haohui v Nattanapong a try. The Chinese player is a tall lad aged 19. I'd guess he's from the North East of China. The Thai player is 17 and looks fresh out of primary school.

Some of the young players took part in a practice tournament last week in one of the academies. Deng Haohui beat Iulian Boiko 4-2 in the final. He's a good prospect although very inexperienced.

Do you know where he's from?

Postby Wildey

SteveJJ wrote:Wildey mentioned Taubman being the ultimate q school stalwart. Phil O'Kane can't be too far behind

Yea

But Phil did not play in 2019

But has reached last 16 twice 2013 and 2020

Postby chengdufan

Well that was a bit odd. Nattanapong made a 16 break and missed a routine black. Then, while Deng was prepping his safety up into baulk he had to wait for the Thai to finish a chat with someone in the audience. It looked like he was getting some touchline coaching. Must have been off putting for Deng.

Postby chengdufan

Breaks of 28, 16 and 23 enough for Nattanapong to take frame 2