Post a reply

Re: 2022 Q School 1 !!!

Postby Andre147

chengdufan wrote:I see Andre is reffing James Height v James Burrett.

Yes!

And I'll be on again at 2pm.

Postby lhpirnie

chengdufan wrote:
lhpirnie wrote:
chengdufan wrote:I'm giving Deng Haohui v Nattanapong a try. The Chinese player is a tall lad aged 19. I'd guess he's from the North East of China. The Thai player is 17 and looks fresh out of primary school.

Some of the young players took part in a practice tournament last week in one of the academies. Deng Haohui beat Iulian Boiko 4-2 in the final. He's a good prospect although very inexperienced.

Do you know where he's from?

Yes, he's from Guangdong. Born 13th October 2002.

Postby chengdufan

chengdufan wrote:Do you know where he's from?

Yes, he's from Guangdong. Born 13th October 2002.[/quote]
Thanks! Blimey, wouldn't have guessed he's from down there.

Postby chengdufan

Andre147 wrote:

Yes!

The bits I saw, the standard wasn't great. Hope you're enjoying it anyway :-)

Postby SteveJJ

chengdufan wrote:
lhpirnie wrote:
chengdufan wrote:Liu Hongyu wraps it up with a 58 break. It will be incredible if he doesn't qualify through q school, and he should get plenty of wins against the pros this coming season.

Be careful! He's also capable of playing a terrible match sometimes. He's actually got one of the worst draws in the three Q Schools.

He seems similar to Zhao Xintong in many ways. The biggest difference I'd say is in his attitude. You can tell he's annoyed when he misses and feeling on top of the world when the exhibition shots are flying in.

Has Little Ben Mertens next

Postby Andre147

chengdufan wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

Yes!

The bits I saw, the standard wasn't great. Hope you're enjoying it anyway :-)

Definately am!

Here for the long haul, all 3 events.

Postby chengdufan

58 break took Deng 2-1 up.

Down to the black in the fourth. Would be a good steal from Deng if he gets it. He needed two snookers with one red left. Laid a good one and took advantage of a free ball.

Postby chengdufan

Nattanapong pots the black and looks very smug about it to boot :chuckle: 2-2

Postby chengdufan

Nattanapong getting some more coaching from his person in the audience at the end of the frame. Is that allowed? Seems a bit off to me. They're coming down from their spot on the second row to his seat to talk to him

Postby SteveJJ

chengdufan wrote:Nattanapong getting some more coaching from his person in the audience at the end of the frame. Is that allowed? Seems a bit off to me. They're coming down from their spot on the second row to his seat to talk to him

Andre will be the one to confirm the rules...when he's not reffing

Postby Andre147

SteveJJ wrote:
chengdufan wrote:Nattanapong getting some more coaching from his person in the audience at the end of the frame. Is that allowed? Seems a bit off to me. They're coming down from their spot on the second row to his seat to talk to him

I can't disclose any information regarding the tournament, sorry. Just the matches I'm reffing and that's it.

Postby chengdufan

It's another barrage of 10+ and 20+ breaks for the Thai as he takes the 5th and leads 3-2.

Always hard to tell from one match of course, but from what I've seen so far, I wouldn't be advising anyone to put money on either of these players qualifying.
Happy to be proven wrong.

Postby chengdufan

Abdul Raheem the first player representing Pakistan to play. He's played Q School before, in 2019. He lost all his matches on that occasion.

Postby lhpirnie

chengdufan wrote:It's another barrage of 10+ and 20+ breaks for the Thai as he takes the 5th and leads 3-2.

Always hard to tell from one match of course, but from what I've seen so far, I wouldn't be advising anyone to put money on either of these players qualifying.

Yes, Deng doesn't seem relaxed at all. It's his first match in the UK, and he hasn't found his feet. Chaikul's just a kid, but happy enough to get what's there battle it out.

What I can't understand is why these two are here? Surely the Q School in Bangkok would be a pretty good chance for them?

Postby chengdufan

lhpirnie wrote:
chengdufan wrote:It's another barrage of 10+ and 20+ breaks for the Thai as he takes the 5th and leads 3-2.

Yes, Deng doesn't seem relaxed at all. It's his first match in the UK, and he hasn't found his feet. Chaikul's just a kid, but happy enough to get what's there battle it out.

What I can't understand is why these two are here? Surely the Q School in Bangkok would be a pretty good chance for them?

It makes little sense to me either. Maybe they won a competition to have their place at Q school in the UK paid for, before it was known there'd be one in Thailand?
Maybe they didn't understand that they could only enter one?
Maybe they thought getting experience in the UK would help their development?
Or maybe they just wanted to go on holiday somewhere exotic?

Postby SteveJJ

Andre147 wrote:
SteveJJ wrote:

I can't disclose any information regarding the tournament, sorry. Just the matches I'm reffing and that's it.

Understood! Good luck with the tournaments!

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:

Yes!

Find out why only blinking China gets streams this is ridiculous

Postby SteveJJ

chengdufan wrote:
lhpirnie wrote:

It makes little sense to me either. Maybe they won a competition to have their place at Q school in the UK paid for, before it was known there'd be one in Thailand?

Yep maybe they wanted to test themselves in the possibly harder tournament in the nation they'd have to be based in if they qualify

I'm assuming they are based in their home countries

Postby Andre147

Wildey wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

Yes!

Actually I don't know the answer to that.

Postby chengdufan

Wildey wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

Yes!

Is it not on the betting sites?

Postby lhpirnie

chengdufan wrote:
lhpirnie wrote:...

The only sensible reason is that they had already planned everything before WST's proposal for a Bangkok Q School was properly confirmed. In which case, it's a terrible blunder by WST. Tomorrow we will find out who the Asian players are, but the 4 players who qualify from the Asian Q School are going to be much weaker. Players like Passakorn Suwannawat and Kritsanut Lertsettayathorn had to quit their tour cards last time after 1 year because they couldn't sustain it financially. The whole plan looks a shambles.

Postby SteveJJ

Solid start for Daniel Wells. 3-0 up.

Clenshaw 1-0 up in my battle of the day against Wang Yuchen

Postby chengdufan

The shot selection from these two has been appalling, it has to be said.

Anyway, one red left in the decider. Deng up by 9. Colours open but spread far and wide.

Postby chengdufan

Edit: Brown in a tricky spot. Pink not a gimme.

Nattanapong gets the red

Postby chengdufan

Nattanapong gets down to the brown, but pots the white playing safe off it.

Postby chengdufan

40 3-3 40

Brown, blue, pink and black left

Postby chengdufan

Deng gets the brown and blue. Snookers himself on the pink

Postby chengdufan

Nattanapong clears the pink and black for the win! :D

Postby lhpirnie

chengdufan wrote:Nattanapong clears the pink and black for the win! :D

Yes a bit of a bloodbath that. Chaikul won 3 black-ball frames. Deng will be pretty disgusted by his performance, but that's what can happen playing such an important match in an unfamiliar setting, that he was expected to win. Anyway, it hardly matters - the winner was always going to be clobbered by Holt in the next match.