Post a reply

Re: 2022 Q School 3 !!

Postby chengdufan

Good steal from Staniland, but oh my did Lucky throw that fifth frame away.

Postby The_Abbott

chengdufan wrote:Ian Martin beating Liam Davies 4-0 is quite a surprise.

yeah thats a shame that result. Ian Martin wont qualify and yet has taken away a great opportunity for a real raw talent away.

Postby haz_haxxan

Not really, Martin's been getting better and better for a few years now. He recently made a run to a pro-am final, beating Farakh Ajaib, Alex Millington and Leo Fernandez en route to losing to Aaron Hill by a frame; all those are Davies' level or better. Davies is really talented but still learning the game and sometimes inconsistent. I had £5 on Martin, but did think Davies would win a couple of frames.

Postby Wildey

SPOT 9
Ross Muir v James Lee
Matthew Glasby v Michael Collumb
Soheil Vahedi v Umut Dikme
Sunny Akani v Callum Beresford
Martin O'Donnell v Lukas Kleckers
Brandon Sargeant v Hamim Hussain
Liu Hongyu v Kayden Brierley
Kurt Maflin v Leone Crowley

SPOT 10
Ashley Carty v Alfie Lee
Haydon Pinhey v Luke Pinches
Patrick Whelan v Daan Leyssen
Farakh Ajaib v Nattanapong Chaikul
Mark Lloyd v Sydney Wilson
Jenson Kendrick v Ross Bulman
Marc Shaw v George Pragnell
Billy Joe Castle v Iulian Boiko

SPOT 11
Joe Fenton v Keith Keldie
Michael Holt v Rory McLeod
James Silverwood v Cheung Ka Wai
Tony Knowles v Daniel Wells
John J Astley v Stan Moody
Hayden Staniland v Robbie McGuigan
Jack Harris v Ian Martin
Lee Walker v Sean McAllister

SPOT 12
Eden Sharav v Yu Kiu Chang
Zhao Jianbo v Sean Maddocks
Ben Fortey v Andrew Higginson
Ben Mertens v Steven Hallworth
Gao Yang v Saqib Nasir
James Cahill v Alfie Davies
Niel Vincent v Florian Nuessle
Lee Shanker v Lewis Ullah

Postby chengdufan

haz_haxxan wrote:

Not really, Martin's been getting better and better for a few years now. He recently made a run to a pro-am final, beating Farakh Ajaib, Alex Millington and Leo Fernandez en route to losing to Aaron Hill by a frame; all those are Davies' level or better. Davies is really talented but still learning the game and sometimes inconsistent. I had £5 on Martin, but did think Davies would win a couple of frames.

bullocks. It most certainly was a surprise that he won to nil. On paper it was quite a close matchup, and as you've said yourself, you thought Davies would win a couple of frames.

Welcome to the forum by the way :-) :hatoff:

Postby The_Abbott

Spot 10 is so wide open a dentist could qualify

Holt will kick himself he he doesn't win spot 11. All winnable on paper. But matches aren't played on paper or there would be a fire.

Postby chengdufan

9 is brutal.
I fancy Mark Lloyd for spot 10 (there go his hopes)
11 - agree Holty is favourite, but not by much. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he doesn't make it.
I reckon Zhao's the favourite for 12, but he's pretty bad at getting over the line. Best of 7s do not help him.

Postby gninnur karona

chengdufan wrote:9 is brutal.
I fancy Mark Lloyd for spot 10 (there go his hopes)
11 - agree Holty is favourite, but not by much. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he doesn't make it.
I reckon Zhao's the favourite for 12, but he's pretty bad at getting over the line. Best of 7s do not help him.

Zhao Jianbo retains a five frame lead on the Order of Merit so, as long as he doesn't bring that line he struggles to cross forward a couple of matches, is well set to compete in tour events next season even if he doesn't ultimately win a tour card through QSchool3.

Postby cupotee

I've just read that the Asian Q School will not count for top - ups , can anyone verify that , so maybe that explains some players notably Sunny Akani entering this Q School instead.

Postby HappyCamper

cupotee wrote:I've just read that the Asian Q School will not count for top - ups , can anyone verify that , so maybe that explains some players notably Sunny Akani entering this Q School instead.

Top 8 not qualified from Asia-Pacific will be offered entry to the Europe based q tour events. But that's as far as it goes I think. So not top ups for world tour events.

As it stands next year the tour will be 130. So the top up opportunities should be a bit less than the season just passed.

Postby The_Abbott

HappyCamper wrote:
cupotee wrote:I've just read that the Asian Q School will not count for top - ups , can anyone verify that , so maybe that explains some players notably Sunny Akani entering this Q School instead.

Top 8 not qualified from Asia-Pacific will be offered entry to the Europe based q tour events. But that's as far as it goes I think. So not top ups for world tour events.

As it stands next year the tour will be 130. So the top up opportunities should be a bit less than the season just passed.

120 are over the age of 50

Postby The_Abbott

Sunny certainly in a hot streak right now. Looks good for a whitewash 64 up with 67 to play in 4th frame

Postby The_Abbott

2x whitewashes

Sunny and Muir both win 4-0

Maflin wins 4-1

Postby gmg

HappyCamper wrote:
Raiel wrote:I don't know why people keep saying you can only watch this in China.

I am in the UK, and I am watching it now here:

http://www.wuchajian.live/index_en.html

they mean in terms of who actually has legal broadcasting or streaming rights in the uk, not just a chinese site that happens to be showing them and isn't geo-blocked.

No, I did mean any way of watching them. Can't believe I've been watching TK's QSchool games on Live Scoring over the past two years when there have been live streams available. Is this the first year they have been available?

Postby The_Abbott

MOD gets one snooker. needs another or he is an amatuer. Pressure.

EDIT: he gets it! - can now win the frame.

Postby The_Abbott

MOD is off the tour. Wasn't long ago he was knocking on the Top 32

Brandon Sargeant also falls

Postby SteveJJ

The_Abbott wrote:MOD is off the tour. Wasn't long ago he was knocking on the Top 32

And 34th on OOM for top up places so unlikely to be seen next year at any pro events.

Postby The_Abbott

SteveJJ wrote:
The_Abbott wrote:MOD is off the tour. Wasn't long ago he was knocking on the Top 32

And 34th on OOM for top up places so unlikely to be seen next year at any pro events.

thats not good when they say they have an advantage. Clearly not.

Billy Joe has been send packing

Pinches junior is on a black ball finale

The big match, no not Rory V Holt, but TK V Wells has just started

Postby Raiel

Rory McLeod is off the tour.

I wonder what he'll find to moan about now.

Postby HappyCamper

Raiel wrote:Rory McLeod is off the tour.

I wonder what he'll find to moan about now.

not being on the tour possibly.

Postby Wildey

SPOT 9
Ross Muir v Matthew Glasby
Umut Dikme v Sunny Akani
Lukas Kleckers v Hamim Hussain
Liu Hongyu v Kurt Maflin

SPOT 10
Ashley Carty v Haydon Pinhey
Daan Leyssen v Farakh Ajaib
Sydney Wilson v Jenson Kendrick
George Pragnell v Iulian Boiko

SPOT 11
Keith Keldie v Michael Holt
Cheung Ka Wai v Daniel Wells
John J Astley v Robbie McGuigan
Ian Martin v Lee Walker

SPOT 12
Eden Sharav v Zhao Jianbo
Andrew Higginson v Steven Hallworth
Saqib Nasir v James Cahill
Florian Nuessle v Lewis Ullah

Postby The_Abbott

9 - Sunny or Cher eh I mean or Maflin
10 - Carty or Boiko
11 - Holt or and hopefully not, Walker
12 Zhao or Cahill

Postby stanley_

8 former pros v 8 players who have never been pro before in this morning's session.

It would be nice to see some shocks. Q School seems, in general, like it just produces very similar players every year in rotation with others who keep falling off the tour and getting back on. Perhaps that's a reflection of the lack of new talent coming through but there do seem to be some youngsters who do quite well in Q School but not enough to earn a place (Mertens etc.).

Postby lhpirnie

stanley_ wrote:8 former pros v 8 players who have never been pro before in this morning's session.

It would be nice to see some shocks. Q School seems, in general, like it just produces very similar players every year in rotation with others who keep falling off the tour and getting back on. Perhaps that's a reflection of the lack of new talent coming through but there do seem to be some youngsters who do quite well in Q School but not enough to earn a place (Mertens etc.).

Yes at this stage all the players are under extreme pressure, especially the professionals who have just been relegated - effectively playing for their livelihood. It's not a surprise that it favours recent former professionals who have done this all before.

Postby stanley_

lhpirnie wrote:
stanley_ wrote:8 former pros v 8 players who have never been pro before in this morning's session.

Yes at this stage all the players are under extreme pressure, especially the professionals who have just been relegated - effectively playing for their livelihood. It's not a surprise that it favours recent former professionals who have done this all before.

Yes, agreed. 3 of the former pros have lost already in this session so perhaps there is still a chance of a completely new professional.

Postby chengdufan

Only 5 over 40s left in, two of whom will be knocked out shortly

5 aged 30-39

14 under 30

Postby Wildey

Andrew Higginson pro career is over once again he spent 23 out of 26 years as a pro the 4th time hes droped off but somehow managed to come back he droped off in 2003/2004 but came back for 2006/2007 and been there ever since never been in the top 16 but reached no 18 in 2011 in his opening season of this last spell he pushed Neil Robertson hard 9-8 in the Final of the Welsh Open at one point leading 8-6.

can he come back for 2023/2024 season?

Postby gninnur karona

If anyone doubts how unbalanced the draw has panned out to be this is the last 16 with their relative Order of Merit positions.

1 Ross Muir 5 v Akani Songsermsawad 2
2 Lukas Kleckers 4 v Kurt Maflin 6
3 Haydon Pinhey 12= v Farakh Ajaib 8
4 Jenson Kendrick 15 v George Pragnell 16
5 Michael Holt 11 v Cheung Ka Wai 14
6 John Astley 12= v Ian Martin 9
7 Zhao Jianbo 1 v Steven Hallworth 3
8 James Cahill 10 v Florian Nüßle 7

Postby Wildey

SPOT 9
Ross Muir v Sunny Akani