Post a reply

2022 Q School 3 !!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Saturday 28th of May~Thursday 2nd of June at Ponds Forge International Sports Centre, Sheffield

So One last chance for the likes of Michael Holt, Kurt Maflin, Andrew Higginson and Rory McLeod each of them has their destiny in their hands just win their section.

But Will they lets see.

DRAW
ORDER OF PLAY

Re: 2022 Q School 3 !!

Postby Raiel

SteveJJ wrote:Neck and Jamshid's dreams are the first to be over with both being whitewashed

I played Andy Neck in a pro-am about 25 years ago and he beat me 3-0 with two centuries and a sixty something break.

Nice to see he's still giving it a go. :-)

Postby SteveJJ

Raiel wrote:
SteveJJ wrote:Neck and Jamshid's dreams are the first to be over with both being whitewashed

I played Andy Neck in a pro-am about 25 years ago and he beat me 3-0 with two centuries and a sixty something break.

Nice to see he's still giving it a go. :-)

That win must have given him the confidence to keep going

Postby SteveJJ

Lee Stephens, earlier this season was one match away from a tour card, loses in the first round of QS3 in a decider to Callum Beresford.

Postby SteveJJ

Alfie Lee wins a decider.

In other big news. George Pragnell has a new profile pic on wst live scores

Postby chengdufan

Simon Bevz just made a 21 break. He might win a frame in this match (probably not)

Postby The_Abbott

chengdufan wrote:Simon Bevz just made a 21 break. He might win a frame in this match (probably not)

BREAKING NEWS!!!

he didn't

Postby SnookerEd25

SteveJJ wrote:If Dean Reynolds wins this match he will play Tony Knowles in the next round

Well, unlikely as it is to happen - I suppose now is as good a time as any to have a look at their H2H.

Knowles leads comfortably at 7-2, though the frame percentage is much closer - 58-42.

Most of their encounters seem to have been at the last32 stages of tournaments in the 80s. Their last meeting was in the qualifying rounds for the 2000 World Championship, Dean won 10-4 (his only other victory being in a BO3 in the 1982 Yamaha Masters).

Postby The_Abbott

Dean didn't win. Which means no rematch.

Can TK win? But then if he does, can he really beat Daniel Wells?

Postby SteveJJ

The_Abbott wrote:Dean didn't win. Which means no rematch.

Can TK win? But then if he does, can he really beat Daniel Wells?

He may win his first game but I can't see him beating Wells.

Although I might have said the same last year before he beat Steadman

Postby cupotee

Chris Totten’s been drawn early against Andy Lee and Sunny Akani and finished on what appears a relatively low 25 frames on the Order of merit , Tony Knowles finished on 26 last year and as far as i know didn’t get any top up invites, i dont know why they couldnt expand some rounds in pro events for players like this, a thousand pounds is quite a lot of money.

Postby gninnur karona

cupotee wrote:Chris Totten’s been drawn early against Andy Lee and Sunny Akani and finished on what appears a relatively low 25 frames on the Order of merit , Tony Knowles finished on 26 last year and as far as i know didn’t get any top up invites, i dont know why they couldnt expand some rounds in pro events for players like this, a thousand pounds is quite a lot of money.

If Qschool converted to the Swiss format major anomalies in the final Order of Merit could be eliminated.

Postby gmg

Didn't realise some of these matches are getting streamed. Where can they be watched?

Postby gmg

Why only China? And is there any way for the non-Chinese amongst us to watch these streams? Have any of TK's matches been streamed so far as am particularly interested in those?!

Postby haz_haxxan

Hello everyone, long-time lurker first-time poster! Always take a keen interest in Q School.

Some interesting matches today, Marc Shaw vs George Pragnell of particular note - Pragnell is looking better than he has in a while and fought really hard to beat Luke Simmonds 4-3 last night. Marc Shaw is a random amateur but shockingly beat Pragnell 4-2 in the first event. Can he do the double? The draw looks promising for Pragnell if not - Castle/Boiko in the next round, both of whom are very beatable, then Lloyd/Bulman with a potential matchup against Ashley Carty in the last round.

Elsewhere, McLeod, Holt, Georgiou and Higginson get underway, at least one of whom will have to be an amateur next season, and Ryan Davies v Ka Wai Cheung looks like a good battle of young upcoming talents.

Postby haz_haxxan

Raiel wrote:
gmg wrote:Didn't realise some of these matches are getting streamed. Where can they be watched?

I am in the UK. This site has sometimes worked for me:

http://www.wuchajian.live/index_en.html

That link looks promising, thanks. First match up is Georgiou-Silverwood which could be a good watch - Georgiou should win but Silverwood is an interesting character - holds the world record for fastest clearance of colours (19 seconds), and suffered life-threatening injuries in a car crash in 2015. One of those who's probably never going to quite make it as a pro, and he never does particularly well in Q School, but I'm intrigued to see how he fares against Michael here.

Postby The_Abbott

I see Peter Devlin lost and is off the tour. Won 9 games last year. Now no chance to keep a snooker career going.

Postby McManusFan

The_Abbott wrote:I see Peter Devlin lost and is off the tour. Won 9 games last year. Now no chance to keep a snooker career going.

That's a surprise. Seemed like an up and comer.

Postby haz_haxxan

Georgiou loses to Silverwood and Hancorn to Keith Keldie! The latter has to be one of the biggest shocks in Q School history, surely? Keldie's entered every year and largely been terrible.

Watched most of Georgiou-Silverwood, Georgiou was really poor and consistently failed to capitalise on mistakes. Barely looked bothered towards the end.

Postby The_Abbott

Ben Hancorn won 14 of 32 matches last year. But he has lost and won't be returning to the tour. He had a good end of season too so will be disappointed.

Michael Georgiou also lost, proving the Shoot-Out win was just a fluke win and shouldn't be a ranking event.

Postby HappyCamper

Raiel wrote:I don't know why people keep saying you can only watch this in China.

I am in the UK, and I am watching it now here:

http://www.wuchajian.live/index_en.html

they mean in terms of who actually has legal broadcasting or streaming rights in the uk, not just a chinese site that happens to be showing them and isn't geo-blocked.

Postby chengdufan

Ian Martin beating Liam Davies 4-0 is quite a surprise.