Post a reply

Re: 2022 Q School 3 !!

Postby The_Abbott

nobody has a right to a place on the tour but Holt not being there is ridiculous. But he's gone. He's an amateur. Well done Astley.

Postby aimlesswandeer

Jianbo and whoever loses out of Muir and Kleckers are more deserving of cards than Kendrick but that’s just the luck of the draw.

Postby Wildey

and Michael Holt career has gone

John Astley England Age 33 7th and 8th season on tourTurned Pro 2013/2014

Will he be back?

Postby The_Abbott

aimlesswandeer wrote:Jianbo and whoever loses out of Muir and Kleckers are more deserving of cards than Kendrick but that’s just the luck of the draw.

We all spotted the imbalanced draws when they came out but you still have to do the business I guess. So many good players on the Challenge tour (if they choose too)

Postby chengdufan

Wildey wrote:for the first time

Jenson Kendrick England Age 20 1st and 2nd season on tour Turned Pro 2022/2023

is on tour

He's 21

Postby chengdufan

The_Abbott wrote:nobody has a right to a place on the tour but Holt not being there is ridiculous. But he's gone. He's an amateur. Well done Astley.

However unfair the draw was, the fact is Holt had two years and three further chances, and didn't take them. After proving over the last two years that he's not good enough to be in the top 64, he's lost to an amateur in three consecutive events.

Postby Wildey

And so lukas Kleckers makes it

Lukas Kleckers Germany Age 26 5th and 6th season on tourTurned Pro 2017/2018

Postby Wildey

2022 Q School qualifiers
Fergal O’Brien Eire Age 50 32nd and 33rd season on tour Turned Pro 1991/1992
Rod Lawler England Age 50 32nd and 33th season on tour Turned Pro 1990/1991
James Cahill England Age 26 7th and 8th season on tourTurned Pro 2013/2014
John Astley England Age 33 7th and 8th season on tourTurned Pro 2013/2014
Adam Duffy England Age 33 6th and 7th season on tour Turned Pro 2011/2012
Sanderson Lam England Age 28 5th and 6th season on tourTurned Pro 2015/2016
Lukas Kleckers Germany Age 26 5th and 6th season on tourTurned Pro 2017/2018
Zak SuretyEngland Age 30 5th and 6th season on tour Turned Pro 2014/2015
Andy Lee Hong Kong Age 41 4th and 5th season on tour Turned Pro 2008/2009
Aaron Hill Eire Age 20 3rd and 4th season on tour Turned Pro 2020/2021
Bai Langning China Age 20 3rd and 4th season on tour Turned Pro 2019/2020
Jenson Kendrick England Age 20 1st and 2nd season on tour Turned Pro 2022/2023

Only 1 Debutant this year

Postby lhpirnie

Wildey wrote:
The_Abbott wrote:I guess Jianbo will have the consolation prize of being high on OoM to take Hendry's place when he withdraws from events.

2 or 3 will have to withdraw to get him in

Well, Figueiredo seems to have quit and several others have publicly stated they intend to play a reduced season. Zhao will get lots of games, and very likely Muir, Hallworth, Akani and Wells. I'm assuming of course Zhao and Akani will/can stay in the country for the 2022/23 season.

Postby aimlesswandeer

Ng On Yee barely played last year, I wonder how often the Asia Pacific and Americas winners, Thomerson and Sarkis, will play. I doubt Hendry will play much and Igor hasn’t been seen for a bit. And the top guys and maybe some of the overseas contingent may not choose to play every event. So the guys at the top of the OOM should get a few starts at the least.

Postby HappyCamper

aimlesswandeer wrote:Ng On Yee barely played last year, I wonder how often the Asia Pacific and Americas winners, Thomerson and Sarkis, will play. I doubt Hendry will play much and Igor hasn’t been seen for a bit. And the top guys and maybe some of the overseas contingent may not choose to play every event. So the guys at the top of the OOM should get a few starts at the least.

liang and o'neill also suspended for at least a few events.

Postby chengdufan

There's been a lot of the usual moaning about oldies v youngsters, but an unusually high number of old tour stalwarts have lost their pro status this year:
Holt
Higginson
Bond
McLeod
and Walker

O'Donnell and Maflin are arguably on that list too.

And coming on tour are:
Si
Emery
Brown
Leclercq
Wongharuthai
Kazakov
Thomerson
Peng
Bai
and Kendrick

Plus possibly a few more undecided.

Postby SnookerEd25

Quality post, PrimitiveSludge <ok>

So much more entertaining than SnookerFan’s adventures in _______ (insert Milton Keynes here)

All a matter of taste, of course…

Postby gninnur karona

chengdufan wrote:
The_Abbott wrote:nobody has a right to a place on the tour but Holt not being there is ridiculous. But he's gone. He's an amateur. Well done Astley.

However unfair the draw was, the fact is Holt had two years and three further chances, and didn't take them. After proving over the last two years that he's not good enough to be in the top 64, he's lost to an amateur in three consecutive events.

Yes, not good enough to be in the top 64 over the last two seasons but good enough to have qualified via the one-year list in all recent seasons except this one and following 2019-20 (the only two recent occasions where WST/WPBSA haven't awarded new two-year tour cards to the top eight on that list).

Gao Yang is another who has suffered because of that. The 17-year-old missed out by £500. A faint opportunity to earn that was denied him when he was unable to play his German Masters match against Judd Trump in Berlin. In a sane world WST/WPBSA would award him a wildcard. To add some context, last season he earned more on tour than the four wildcards (Ken Doherty, Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, and Marco Fu) managed between them.

What's the rationale behind WST/WPBSA not awarding a constant number of new tour cards via the one-year list after every season?

Postby Minimum Break

HappyCamper wrote:Image

:chin:

I thought you'd gone through his history to find that, but it's literally his most recent tweet.

Well, he does claim to be notorious.

Postby gallantrabbit

I'm sure Holt is gutted and isn't the only one, but still struggling to see what he loses apart from the title of pro.
I looked through amateur Cahill's results last season. Seems like the only tournament he didnt get in was the UK. Holt will be in everything.

Postby Wildey

gallantrabbit wrote:I'm sure Holt is gutted and isn't the only one, but still struggling to see what he loses apart from the title of pro.
I looked through amateur Cahill's results last season. Seems like the only tournament he didnt get in was the UK. Holt will be in everything.

Last season there was 122 Pros this season there are 130 Top Up spots more hard to come by this time

Postby The_Abbott

Top of OoM loads with more of a chance then Holt:

Jianbo
Muir
Hallworth
Sunny
Wells
Nussle
Ajaib
Bulman
Martin
Maflin
Holt

MOD has zero chance to even get into the shootout where I reckon the top 20 will get in including McLeod, Higginson and Georgiou

Lee Walker will probably make more for appearing in the CoC then being on tour.

Postby gallantrabbit

Wildey wrote:
gallantrabbit wrote:I'm sure Holt is gutted and isn't the only one, but still struggling to see what he loses apart from the title of pro.

Last season there was 122 Pros this season there are 130 Top Up spots more hard to come by this time

Ah ok gotcha, shame for him. Little chance of him being bitched about by the Smurph then...oh hang on he's not Chinese...