Post a reply

Re: Asia-Oceania Q School 1 & European Q School 2

Postby aimlesswandeer

SteveJJ wrote:
The_Abbott wrote:Does Heather lose a bet every year to enter this or something?

It's interesting as I don't think she competes on the women's tour...I could be wrong

I was wondering about that too, I don’t think she does, at least not often.

Maybe she has a film or documentary crew following her. It does sound a bit like something that would get turned into a movie.

Postby SnookerEd25

SteveJJ wrote:
SteveJJ wrote:The battle of the former pro's goes to a decider.. Hamza Akbar and Thor are 3-3. Heavyweight second round clash

Thor wins!

It’s Thorsday! (contrary to popular belief :dizzy: )

Postby lhpirnie

SteveJJ wrote:Top half of the Asian event might come down to Lei Peifan and Thor. Might get a new pro from the bottom half

Definitely getting a new pro. All 6 former professionals were drawn in the top half anyway.

But don't write off players like Gong Chenzhi and Chang Yu Kiu in the top section.

Postby SteveJJ

lhpirnie wrote:
SteveJJ wrote:Top half of the Asian event might come down to Lei Peifan and Thor. Might get a new pro from the bottom half

Definitely getting a new pro. All 6 former professionals were drawn in the top half anyway.

But don't write off players like Gong Chenzhi and Chang Yu Kiu in the top section.

I won't.

Have you got any hunches on the bottom section?

Postby SteveJJ

SteveJJ wrote:
lhpirnie wrote:

I won't.

Lhpirnie jinxes Gong Chenzhi and Chang Yu Kiu as both are defeated

Postby chengdufan

Tom Maxfield has just pulled a frame back against Billy Castle. 2-1 now.
He made a couple of nice breaks and looks quite talented. Interestingly, he last entered Q School 11 years ago as an 18 year old

Postby lhpirnie

SteveJJ wrote:
SteveJJ wrote:
lhpirnie wrote:

I won't.

Lhpirnie jinxes Gong Chenzhi and Chang Yu Kiu as both are defeated

I did indeed. Their opponents were good players though.

Postby chengdufan

I have Lei Peifan and He Guoqiang as the clear favourites to come through.
Can't see much challenge to Lei in the top half. He's a lot better than Thor. You never know of course.

Ka Wai Cheung and Nattanapong are dangerous opponents for He.