Post a reply

Q Tour 23/24

Postby HappyCamper

Little Liam Davies won the first Q tour event!

Beat Craig Stedman in the fibal. Exciting stuff.

Re: Q Tour 23/24

Postby The_Abbott

HappyCamper wrote:Little Liam Davies won the first Q tour event!

love a good fibal.

Postby lhpirnie

HappyCamper wrote:Little Liam Davies won the first Q tour event!

Except he isn't that little. I met him at the World Championship and he's an absolute giant. So much that I was a little concerned at him stretching over the table.

He had a dip in form last season, which probably cost him a place on tour. Winning this event might boost him to recover, although some of his matches were very close.

Postby SnookerEd25

The_Abbott wrote:the last 256?!!

Pffft. In the ‘open’ era, they used to have the last 2,048.

Real snooker that, OneGuy :hmmm:

Postby The_Abbott

SnookerEd25 wrote:
The_Abbott wrote:the last 256?!!

Pffft. In the ‘open’ era, they used to have the last 2,048.

Real snooker that, OneGuy :hmmm:

thats why it was never televised.

Postby GeF

Just had a quick look at the Q tour results: It seems that the most frequent score was w/o. (9)
Matthew Glasby is in last 32 winning only one match from last 256...

Postby HappyCamper

liam davies backing up his win. into the semi finals against young pole kowalski. hitman in the other semi final.

Liam Davies v Antoni Kowalski
Alfie Davies v Michael Holt

Postby Wildey

Michael Holt did not enter Q Tour 1 but has made the deficit up and some this weekend.

Postby The_Abbott

Holt's biggest win since the Shootout. Loves proper snooker does Holty

Postby HappyCamper

the australia open, underway now, is acting as an event on the aspac q tour. a couple of familiar names in the semi finals.

Steve Mifsud v Shaun Dalitz
Vinnie Calabrese v Paul Norris

Postby HappyCamper

michael holt wins a second event this year, beating daniel womersley 5-1. now has a significant gap at top of rankings, and looks odds on to return to tour next year.

Postby SnookerEd25

Holty :hatoff:

Postby Dan-cat

HappyCamper wrote:michael holt wins a second event this year, beating daniel womersley 5-1. now has a significant gap at top of rankings, and looks odds on to return to tour next year.

Great news, love Holty! His Youtube channel is ace.

Postby SteveJJ

Michael Holt wins event 6 to guarantee a return to the tour.

The Hitman is back!

Postby Hedgehog

Q Tour Playoffs are live on WPBSA's YouTube page. Right now live coverage from tables 2,3,4 and 5.

Postby Wildey

These are proper Matches too

Best of 9
Best of 11
Best of 19

who ever the winners are would have earned it

Duane Jones through to the Semi Finals and waiting for the winner between Steadman vs Nüßle

Postby Hedgehog

Florian Nüßle 5 v Craig Steadman 2.

Did not watch the whole match as there is just too many options at the moment with Women's World Championship, European Snooker Championship (U-16) and Q-Tour Playoffs.

However Florian looked composed the later stages and while he did not score centuries he looked solid.

Postby Andre147

I'm reffing Q Tour, just did the McLeod v Hussain match, another one at 5pm.

Postby GeF

Andre147 wrote:I'm reffing Q Tour, just did the McLeod v Hussain match, another one at 5pm.

McLeod match at 5pm..., you will be around the table for a big part of the night. :)

Postby Andre147

GeF wrote:
Andre147 wrote:I'm reffing Q Tour, just did the McLeod v Hussain match, another one at 5pm.

McLeod match at 5pm..., you will be around the table for a big part of the night. :)

No that match was the 10am one, finished at 2pm.

I have another at 5pm on table 2, which wont start at 5pm because table 2 still playing scores still 2-1.

Postby Hedgehog

QF:
Umut Dikme 5 v Ryan Davies 1.

André gets a short match to as Dikme wins with a margin. Quite a scrappy match as there were only two breaks of over 50. Interesting to see who gets through to the final Umut Dikme or Mohamed Shehab.

One last match remaining for the quarterfinals with Alfie Davies v Chang Yu Kiu at 3-3.

Postby Wildey

Will you be Brendan Moore's Replacement at the Crucible this year

Postby Hedgehog

Quarterfinals are finished and if we look at the Q-tour rankings the biggest upsets were in no particular order:

Florian Nüßle (19) beat Craig Steadman (7)
Tyler Reed (17) beat Peter Lines (3)
Steven Hallworth (16) beat Barry Pinches (9)
Yu Kiu Chang (21) beat Alfie Davies (10)

Postby Hedgehog

Semifinal:

Duane Jones 6 v Florian Nüßle 3.

Match of two halves, Florian won the first 3 frames and had chances for 4-0 for interval. However Jones clawed back the frame and took the rest. Match had a one good break of over 130 by Jones and the other frames were scrappy affairs where either had chances to clear up but did not. Not a great standard to play, Jones needs to improve to the final if he wishes to qualify for the main tour.

Liam Davies 6 v Rory McLeod 1.

Did not get a chance to watch this but great to see young talent overcome a former professional.

Duane Jones and Liam Davies will meet at the final of their bracket, winners goes to the main tour for the next 2 seasons.

Postby snoopy2608

I feel this is a much improved Q Tour format - in some respects better than Q school........best of 9s, best of 11s and tomorrow best of 19s!

So Duane Jones v Liam Davies

also looking good for Iulian Boiko (currently 5-1 up)

Postby Hedgehog

snoopy2608 wrote:I feel this is a much improved Q Tour format - in some respects better than Q school........best of 9s, best of 11s and tomorrow best of 19s!

So Duane Jones v Liam Davies

also looking good for Iulian Boiko (currently 5-1 up)

I agree, more frames prepare the players better for the main tour and they also weed out "lucky" results. You also can see better which players have the bottle and the skill to challenge professionals.

It is also good to have a secondary tour for amateur players and those who seek to become professional but I also think it is good to have one off qualification routes such as European Snooker Championship as not all amateur snooker players have the means or possibilities to dedicate many weeks to tournaments.