Post a reply

Re: Q-School 2018

Postby Wildey

Good win this orning for Sam Craigie against the experianced Andy Hicks.

Andy hicks has played at the Crucible 8 times between 1995 and 2007 reaching the semi final on debut beating Steve Davis and Peter Ebdon on route. his last match at the crucible was a 10-4 defeat at the hands of Ali Carter.

Postby Wildey

Leo Fernandez is another who has walked the Walk at the Crucible in 1999 he won 5 matches to qualify that included 2 deciders 10-9 and a 10-5 win over a young Neil Robertson only to get the formidable Ronnie O'Sullivan in the last 32 and he lost 10-3 and never got back there his best since was in 2004 when he took Dominic Dale to 10-8 before losing in the last 48

Postby SteveJJ

aimlesswandeer wrote:The four finals I predict are

James Cahill vs Thor
Sam Baird vs Andrew Pagett
Hammad Miah vs Dan Womersley
Wang Yuchen vs Poomjaeng

Hope I’m wrong though as that would be rubbish.

At least some of the journeymen meet each other so will deplete the field of some of the uninspiring names. EG.
Duffy v Grace

And hopefully Xintong will win his match tonight and beat the winner of that one.

Postby SteveJJ

SteveJJ wrote:

James Cahill vs Thor
Wang Yuchen vs Poomjaeng

At least some of the journeymen meet each other so will deplete the field of some of the uninspiring names. EG.
Duffy v Grace

And hopefully Xintong will win his match tonight and beat the winner of that one.

There goes that idea - Xintong knocked out by Steven Hallworth.

Postby aimlesswandeer

SteveJJ wrote:
SteveJJ wrote:

James Cahill vs Thor
Wang Yuchen vs Poomjaeng

Duffy v Grace

Well it was a nice thought, if only it had come to pass.
Laxman 3-2 up on Pagett. It’s hard to see anyone stopping Baird in that quarter.

Postby kolompar

Zhao will be fighting for a Challenge Tour place.

Looks like Shane Castle still has it, a win against former pro Sydney Wilson but he has Jak "Monster" Jones next.

Postby Wildey

SteveJJ wrote:
SteveJJ wrote:

James Cahill vs Thor
Wang Yuchen vs Poomjaeng

Duffy v Grace

Xintong has been a flop as a pro and will find i hard to get back on tour hes just not ready for it

Postby mick745

Sad about Xintong losing. Shame to see such talent being wasted.

Postby The_Abbott

But at least Barry Pinches won guys. :chin:

Postby Alex0paul

Would love to see Haydon Pinhey get on tour. Good to see Helgason doing well too.

Postby TheSaviour

Yes Wild, a good win to Sam Craigie and was pleased about it but Sam was close of being hopeless. Andy was back to his own miserable himself and only that saved Sam. Sam has some intuation in him and regardless of what happened before was nice to see him closing the match really surely. Barry Pinches have just too difficult match next as Sam Baird just has too much to Barry.

So this goes on for the next two weeks from now on! So there´s Event2 and Event3 still left to have an another go if failing to qualify now. That´s my understanding of this format. So a very forgiving format but the players still need to execute from the day 1. Otherwise they will still run out of time in order to find their A games. A very, very few on here have a game B which would be good enough.

Lu Ning and Reanne Evans have an easy matches to follow. While Heikki Niva, as expected, couldn´t cope with the pressure of him actually being a frontrunner on here and wasted his prospects and crashed to a 3-4 defeat.

So... Is it that only that Miracle man of and from Anatolia knows how to play...

I Österbotten. Tove Salokivi. Never mind :emb: :emb: :emb: :emb: Just watching all this names makes all this more than a slightly hopeless. Luckily, we do have a YouTube where we can check out how the best players on here have fared themselves. Makes a bit more sense out of all this. So many :censored: players and names out there.

Postby aimlesswandeer

It looks like a whole spate of English winners this morning. The tour really needs more English journeymen,

Postby aimlesswandeer

aimlesswandeer wrote:It looks like a whole spate of English winners this morning. The tour really needs more English journeymen,

I think there are only seven players remaining who are not either English or Chinese. I really hoped for a bit more diversity with the qualifiers but there’s clearly not much diverse talent out there.

Postby Deewee

OoNebsoO wrote:
Deewee wrote:Four chinese streams for the event!

Still streaming? Can you please link to them?

https://pastebin.com/iWArGV4f has links, copy and paste them into VLC media player for instance.

They're not very reliable, from @Nick007j on twitter "It always depends on the time. Until 11:30 CET it's OK, then it's a slideshow until about 18:30 CET. Then it starts getting better and by 20:00 it's usually almost flawless." So it works best when the Chinese themselves aren't watching.

Postby OoNebsoO

Thank you!

Tried it on VLC, and it works, but indeed, mostly still images instead of stream. Will try it later on, with round 4.

Postby Alex0paul

Poomjaeng match taking forever

Postby aimlesswandeer

Alex0paul wrote:Poomjaeng match taking forever

His average shot time is nearly 37 seconds. And people think he’s entertaining to watch...

Postby Alex0paul

Sean Maddocks seems like a fairly quick player

Postby mick745

I think it would be brilliant if Reanne Evans were to get on tour.

Postby Wildey

aimlesswandeer wrote:

His average shot time is nearly 37 seconds. And people think he’s entertaining to watch...

Speed does not equal entertainment

Postby Wildey

Jamie Cope is so much better than slumming it in Q School.

he is only 32 and should have the world at his feet with the talent he has

Postby Deewee

People keep saying that he is better than most of the tour. He was, but is there any evidence that he is anymore? Maybe he's just lost it?

Postby OoNebsoO

Those streams work lovely now if anyone's interested, thanks again, Deewee.

1. Ben Hancorn v Joel Walker
2. Liu Jiaming v Geng Mingqi
3. Lu Ning v Laxman Rawat (still the 4.00 match - 3-2 Ning)
4. Reanne Evans v Hammad Miah

Postby Wildey

Deewee wrote:People keep saying that he is better than most of the tour. He was, but is there any evidence that he is anymore? Maybe he's just lost it?

i think its obvious hes lost it

Postby SteveJJ

mick745 wrote:I think it would be brilliant if Reanne Evans were to get on tour.

It wasn't the last time she was on tour.

Postby aimlesswandeer

Wildey wrote:
aimlesswandeer wrote:

Nor does Poomjaeng.

Postby aimlesswandeer

I reckon it’ll be Cahill, Baird, Miah and Craigie/Poomjaeng. It’s depressing the lack of young players and diversity.

Postby kolompar

aimlesswandeer wrote:
Wildey wrote:
aimlesswandeer wrote:

Nor does Poomjaeng.

Didn't know Wildey was a Poomjaeng fan :-D