Post a reply

Re: Q School 2019

Postby Godot

The_Abbott wrote:If Ross Bullman is whitewashed, he will have a nervous few hours. Currently 2-0 down.

One frame would make all the difference for him, he'd jump above Lei Peifan in the Order of Merit. Interesting times...

Postby The_Abbott

Godot wrote:
The_Abbott wrote:If Ross Bullman is whitewashed, he will have a nervous few hours. Currently 2-0 down.

One frame would make all the difference for him, he'd jump above Lei Peifan in the Order of Merit. Interesting times...

He has been whitewashed!

Peter Lines all but on the tour now after a 4-0 win

Postby lhpirnie

The_Abbott wrote:
Godot wrote:

He has been whitewashed!

Yes, Billy Joe Castle, Peter Lines, Andy Hicks have done it. There's still quite a lot that could happen, but at least either Lei Peifan or Yang Qingtian will qualify, most unexpectedly.

Postby The_Abbott

lhpirnie wrote:
The_Abbott wrote:
Godot wrote:

He has been whitewashed!

Yes, Billy Joe Castle, Peter Lines, Andy Hicks have done it. There's still quite a lot that could happen, but at least either Lei Peifan or Yang Qingtian will qualify, most unexpectedly.

Bullman will want Lines and Hicks to win their quarter so he can snatch a QoM place.

Postby The_Abbott

Pinches and Borg still on course. They are both on a break to win their matches. I don't feel either have anything to offer on the tour and 2 young talents will miss out. But that's snooker

Postby Wildey

A Few frames for Bullman would have made a world of difference today

Postby fridge46

Fang needs 21 points worth of snookers to tie?
Last edited by fridge46 on 04 Jun 2019, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Godot

You know how much it means to Xiongman when he's trying to rescue the match needing 6 snookers lol

Postby The_Abbott

Ursenbacher is through. Needs to win his quarter to qualify. Lose and he is out because he could only get a maximum of 41 frames.

Postby The_Abbott

Guaranteed a place on tour:

Lines
Hicks
Billy Joe Castle

Yang Quigtan plays Hicks. Wins and he qualifies, lose even by 3-4 he could miss out to Bullman

Postby The_Abbott

Lei Peifan, Ross Bulman will hope that Lines and Castle win.

Don't think anyone else is in the running (other than those like Ursenbacher, Pinches, Long Zehuang and Borg who all need to win).

Kleckers will hope that Hearn changes his mind and makes it 5 Order of Merit places available!

Postby lhpirnie

Godot wrote:You know how much it means to Xiongman when he's trying to rescue the match needing 6 snookers lol

Well yes, Fang Xiongman has been off tour for a year now. It's very difficult for the Chinese players to keep their level with only a few events they can play in, once they have left the academy (as Fang did in 2016). He probably knows his career is over.

Postby lhpirnie

The_Abbott wrote:Lei Peifan, Ross Bulman will hope that Lines and Castle win.

Don't think anyone else is in the running (other than those like Ursenbacher, Pinches, Long Zehuang and Borg who all need to win).

Kleckers will hope that Hearn changes his mind and makes it 5 Order of Merit places available!

Yang Qingtian can win against a disinterested Hicks. For the Order of Merit places it's a question of how many out of Billy Joe Castle, Peter Lines and Andy Hicks actually win their final match, when they do not need to.

Postby The_Abbott

lhpirnie wrote:

Yang Qingtian can win against a disinterested Hicks. For the Order of Merit places it's a question of how many out of Billy Joe Castle, Peter Lines and Andy Hicks actually win their final match, when they do not need to.

It could go one of two ways:

Lose and not care but help out a fellow pro
Play with absolutely no pressure and win with ease with century breaks.

Postby Wildey

Billy Joe Castle, Andy Hicks and Peter Lines have now won their tour card whatever happens

Postby lhpirnie

The_Abbott wrote:
lhpirnie wrote:

Yes I agree with that.

As you know, I am quite close to the tour, and go to a lot of events. I am aware of certain friendships between players. I'm a little bit relieved that one of the results this morning has made is less likely for any 'implicit collusion' to happen later today.

But I still think the system sucks.

Postby The_Abbott

lhpirnie wrote:
The_Abbott wrote:
lhpirnie wrote:

Yes I agree with that.

As you know, I am quite close to the tour, and go to a lot of events. I am aware of certain friendships between players. I'm a little bit relieved that one of the results this morning has made is less likely for any 'implicit collusion' to happen later today.

But I still think the system sucks.

It does suck but how do you change it? They could have a play off between the top 8 or 12 on the OofM but then you extend the format which is already over 600 games long.

Postby The_Abbott

Hicks isn't messing about. He wants to be home for tea.

Postby Vallomas

Alex Borg looks like a really nice guy, but has nothing to add on the tour at his 50.

Andy Hicks will be an interesting return, although he has missed many years.

Postby The_Abbott

Pinches taking a nap between each shot. 42 seconds AST

Postby Vallomas

The_Abbott wrote:It does suck but how do you change it? They could have a play off between the top 8 or 12 on the OofM but then you extend the format which is already over 600 games long.

I really think that Hicks, Lines and Castle will feel better with themselves to qualify by winning a Q-School quarter final and they 'll give their best to win. Hicks has already won the first frame.

Postby The_Abbott

Vallomas wrote:
The_Abbott wrote:It does suck but how do you change it? They could have a play off between the top 8 or 12 on the OofM but then you extend the format which is already over 600 games long.

I really think that Hicks, Lines and Castle will feel better with themselves to qualify by winning a Q-School quarter final and they 'll give their best to win. Hicks has already won the first frame.

I think as pro's they would want to keep winning as you can take that form into the Riga Masters.

Castle 1-0 up now too

Postby Wildey

Vallomas wrote:

yea without a doubt they will go out and win it.

other players depends on them giving it everything and if they were in that same situation players would be winning it fair and square.

Postby The_Abbott

Hicks plays much much better when he plays fast it seems. almost 2-0 up at 15 second AST.

Postby Vallomas

To be fair, Ursenbacher beating Peter Lines is not a surprise.

Postby Wildey

If Castle, Lines and Hicks wins then 3 out of the 4 players bellow gets on tour if Long Zehuang beats Barry Pinches then all 7 gets on tour.

Lei Peifan
Ross Bulman
Yang Qingtian
Long Zehuang

Postby Andre147

Wildey wrote:Ryan Thomerson is Australian dont know where he is based but has shown comitment to the sport since 2011 playing in PTC and other events and now he is only 2 matches away from getting on to the Pro Tour however he has the very experianced Andy Hicks to get past first but if he gets past him anything is possible.

Lives with Robertson in Cambridge.

Postby Andre147

Reffed Hicks twice, today and last night. Very fast and fluent player, looking like he'll make a return to the Tour.

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:Reffed Hicks twice, today and last night. Very fast and fluent player, looking like he'll make a return to the Tour.

Hes on tour now.

I Make Hicks the Best player never to reach a ranking final possibly even to not win a Ranking tournament and never been top 16.