Post a reply

Re: Q School 2019

Postby Wildey

aimlesswandeer wrote:Ben and Iulian starting out. Well past their bedtimes!

yea they might lose due to falling asleep

Postby SteveJJ

Wildey wrote:American Steve Mizerak is also down as a Pro for 6 years and played only 3 matches lost them all

I remember my aunt buying me a video of steve davis playing Steve mizerak in a challenge match. Might have been pool and snooker. Sometime from the late 80's

Postby aimlesswandeer

A couple of Japanese players in action today including teen Kamihashi. It’s a cosmopolitan day with Romania, Austria, Belgium, Malta, Germany, Iran, Pakistan and India all represented.

Plus the day is bookended by two of snookers speed merchants - Barry Pinches and Rory McLeod.

Postby aimlesswandeer

Another of Hendry’s nephews, Jason Tart, has lost 4-1 to former pro Fraser Patrick.

Postby Wildey

Ian Brumby turned pro in 1989 at the same time as James Wattana and Nigel Bond the only player of that year thats managed to fend off the passage of time and never drop off is Nigel Bond.

Brumby was on tour for 13 years 12 of them consecitively from 1989 until 2001 and then he got back on in 2003 but droped right off at the end of that season there was no 2 year card back then and he played in 9 tournaments winning just 3 matches.

Postby Lemnas

Wildey wrote:Ian Brumby turned pro in 1989 at the same time as James Wattana and Nigel Bond the only player of that year thats managed to fend off the passage of time and never drop off is Nigel Bond.

Brumby was on tour for 13 years 12 of them consecitively from 1989 until 2001 and then he got back on in 2003 but droped right off at the end of that season there was no 2 year card back then and he played in 9 tournaments winning just 3 matches.

I haven't checked old entry lists, but I think you see more former pros from the 80's and 90's in these qualifying tournaments now than 5-10 years ago. Must be due to the increased prize money.

Postby Lemnas

Sean O'Sullivan is the second last season pro who loses in the first round. He was 3-1 up against 90s pro Gary Lees (highest ranking 136) and lost 4-3.
Zhang Yong lost 0-4 to Lucky Vatnani yesterday.

Postby SteveJJ

An all Maltese battle in play at the moment between Busuttil and Cini.

Postby SteveJJ

Lemnas wrote:Sean O'Sullivan is the second last season pro who loses in the first round. He was 3-1 up against 90s pro Gary Lees (highest ranking 136) and lost 4-3.

Another guaranteed to join them as Hugill is playing Lines now

Postby Lemnas

SteveJJ wrote:
Lemnas wrote:Sean O'Sullivan is the second last season pro who loses in the first round. He was 3-1 up against 90s pro Gary Lees (highest ranking 136) and lost 4-3.

Another guaranteed to join them as Hugill is playing Lines now

Yes, that one and Totten-Vahedi are some of the toughest first round matches you will see in Q School.

Postby SteveJJ

Ding will be pleased. Leo Fernandez has been whitewashed by Kuldesh Johal.

Postby SteveJJ

41 year old Saudi, Nezar Asseri wins 4-3 against former pro Surinder Gill.

Postby Lemnas

Ashley Hugill defeats Peter Lines 4-3 on the black.

Postby HappyCamper

teenager ryan davies who was so impressive at the shoot out has whitewashed kengo suzuki.

Postby SteveJJ

George Pragnell knocks in a century on his way to a 4-0 win.

Barry Hearn may still offer his opponent a wildcard as his AST was below 17 seconds.

Postby aimlesswandeer

Good to see a wide range of nationalities winning today.

Q School regular and former Royal butler Paul Burrell not faring so well.

Barry Pinches’ son battling at 1-1 to join his dad in round two.

It’s not long till Rory time. I’d love it if he was beaten by a woman. It looks like he can’t meet Ng in this event but I don’t know if he’s on a collision course with any of them in the later tournaments

Postby aimlesswandeer

Badsnookerplayer wrote:QINGTIAN YANG sounds suspiciously like QUINTIN HANN
:chin:

Lee Stephens in action tonight sounds suspiciously like Stephen Lee.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

aimlesswandeer wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:QINGTIAN YANG sounds suspiciously like QUINTIN HANN
:chin:

Lee Stephens in action tonight sounds suspiciously like Stephen Lee.

Yes - his World Snooker photograph is strange too.

Postby Alex0paul

I like the sound of Fergal Quinn