Post a reply

Re: Q School 2019

Postby vodkadiet1

Jamie O'Neill should be given a frame every 15 minutes from 2.30pm if his opponent isn't ready.

Postby vodkadiet1

aimlesswandeer wrote:It looks like Jamie Cope has pulled out of Q2. A bye for Craig Farrar.

Maybe 'The Shotgun' has a wedding to attend instead?

Postby aimlesswandeer

Hugill and Kleckers are heading for a decider. I know that stakes are high and there is more to snooker than quick play and big breaks but in my opinion it’s an embarrassment how long they are taking.

Postby HappyCamper

aimlesswandeer wrote:It looks like Jamie Cope has pulled out of Q2. A bye for Craig Farrar.

Has he got an A level exam?

Postby lhpirnie

aimlesswandeer wrote:Hugill and Kleckers are heading for a decider. I know that stakes are high and there is more to snooker than quick play and big breaks but in my opinion it’s an embarrassment how long they are taking.

Yes, funnily enough I tweeted to a friend this morning that these two would cause the last matches to be delayed. It was inevitable, the way they've been so far in the tournament. Playing this way only increases the pressure and makes things progressively worse.

Postby vodkadiet1

Expect the average shot time to increase even further during the decider.

Postby aimlesswandeer

vodkadiet1 wrote:Jamie O'Neill should be given a frame every 15 minutes from 2.30pm if his opponent isn't ready.

I agree.

It’s an indictment on the strength and depth at youth and amateur level that one of these two players, who have won barely any matches between them over the past two years, and are going to take in the region of five hours to complete a best of seven match, is likely to be on the main tour at the close of play today

Postby aimlesswandeer

Xu Si leads 3-2, having made 76, 69 then a century to win three in a row. I suspect that match will finish before the battle of the sloths.

Postby vodkadiet1

aimlesswandeer wrote:
vodkadiet1 wrote:Jamie O'Neill should be given a frame every 15 minutes from 2.30pm if his opponent isn't ready.

I agree.

It’s an indictment on the strength and depth at youth and amateur level that one of these two players, who have won barely any matches between them over the past two years, and are going to take in the region of five hours to complete a best of seven match, is likely to be on the main tour at the close of play today

I would like Hugill and Kleckers to meet in next season's Crucible final!
Last edited by vodkadiet1 on 23 May 2019, edited 1 time in total.

Postby aimlesswandeer

vodkadiet1 wrote:
aimlesswandeer wrote:

I agree.

I would Hugill and Kleckers to meet in next season's Crucible final!

I’m always sad when the Crucible ends. At least that way it would last a week longer.

Postby aimlesswandeer

The fourth highest ranked player to lose his card at the end of the season, Xu Si, is the first winner at Q School. Congrats.

Lilley on the verge of a 3-0 lead looks like joining him.

Kleckers on a break of 24 in the grindfest.

Postby lhpirnie

aimlesswandeer wrote:Xu Si leads 3-2, having made 76, 69 then a century to win three in a row. I suspect that match will finish before the battle of the sloths.

Yes. Kleckers and Hugill are playing like two nervous amateurs in their club championship semi-final. Xu Si is playing like an ambitious professional determined to achieve something in the game. I witnessed the first session of his match with Sean O'Sullivan in Sheffield. He was so good I couldn't believe he was about to lose his tour card. After re-qualifying, I expect to see him in the top-32 in 3 years.

Postby aimlesswandeer

With Xu Si winning his card back, Noel Landers get a bye to face wee Ben Mertens.

Postby Wildey

So Xu Si has a imidiete return to tour and first man to qualify

Xu Si Age 21 3rd and 4th season on tour Turned Pro 2017/2018

Postby aimlesswandeer

Vahedi and Bulman locked at 2-2. I suspect the Iranian’s experience will see him over the line.

Lilley looks in command.

Kleckers is favourite to edge the epic, but I feel bad for Jamie O’Neill having to wait so long.

Postby Vallomas

It would be funny if all the three finals will finish before the decider of Kleckers v Hugill. :-D

Postby aimlesswandeer

David Lilley finally a pro, beating young Maddocks 4-0. Congrats to him.

Postby Wildey

Next man through

David Lilley Age 43 1st and 2nd season on tourTurned Pro 2019/2020

Postby aimlesswandeer

Hugill has a chance to pinch the decider which would be good going having trailed by 51 with 59 left,

Postby The_Abbott

aimlesswandeer wrote:Vahedi and Bulman locked at 2-2. I suspect the Iranian’s experience will see him over the line.

Lilley looks in command.

Kleckers is favourite to edge the epic, but I feel bad for Jamie O’Neill having to wait so long.

I guess at the very least he would have had lunch and a break whereas the winner will probably only be allowed a 15 minute break.

Postby The_Abbott

Wildey wrote:Next man through

David Lilley Age 43 1st and 2nd season on tour2019/2020

I know we have so many 40 somethings on the tour but Lilley does deserve his place after so many close calls in the past. I wonder if he will give up his full time job in insurance now.

Postby The_Abbott

Interesting. If he isn't pulling out of Q3 then he is putting all his eggs in one basket because he won't qualify through the order of merit.

Postby aimlesswandeer

The_Abbott wrote:
aimlesswandeer wrote:Vahedi and Bulman locked at 2-2. I suspect the Iranian’s experience will see him over the line.

Lilley looks in command.

I guess at the very least he would have had lunch and a break whereas the winner will probably only be allowed a 15 minute break.

Kleckers and Hugill are committed grinders. I doubt they’ll be too bothered.

Postby aimlesswandeer

The_Abbott wrote:

Interesting. If he isn't pulling out of Q3 then he is putting all his eggs in one basket because he won't qualify through the order of merit.

He’s still down for playing, but he gets a bye in the first round and is one of the last second round matches to start at dinner time on Sunday 2nd June,

Postby aimlesswandeer

Vahedi looks like he’s going to edge ahead of Bulman.

They’re still scrapping it out in the Hugill vs Kleckers match. Five and a half hours.

Postby vodkadiet1

Jamie O'Neill will be out of form by the time his match begins.

Postby Wildey

The_Abbott wrote:
Wildey wrote:Next man through

David Lilley Age 43 1st and 2nd season on tour2019/2020

I know we have so many 40 somethings on the tour but Lilley does deserve his place after so many close calls in the past. I wonder if he will give up his full time job in insurance now.

yea he has earned his chance

although hes never been on tour before He first played in the Profesional World Championship back in 2002 and again in 2005 and then 2019.

Hes been comited to the game for over 25 years without being a pro that takes some doing.

Postby aimlesswandeer

Hugill needs two snookers, so looks like it’ll be Kleckers vs O’Neill. I’d imagine O’Neill will be cheesed off at the three hour delay.

Postby lhpirnie

aimlesswandeer wrote:Hugill needs two snookers, so looks like it’ll be Kleckers vs O’Neill. I’d imagine O’Neill will be cheesed off at the three hour delay.

Yes but he'll keep playing on for snookers forever. It's just that the match has entered a new phase...

Postby aimlesswandeer

lhpirnie wrote:
aimlesswandeer wrote:Hugill needs two snookers, so looks like it’ll be Kleckers vs O’Neill. I’d imagine O’Neill will be cheesed off at the three hour delay.

Yes but he'll keep playing on for snookers forever. It's just that the match has entered a new phase...

He’s got them. He can now force a black ball decider, which would be an apt way for the match to finish.