Post a reply

Re: Classic Snooker

Postby SnookerEd25

I look forward to checking out your Cliff Wilson footage tonight (YouTube blocked at work)...

Postby SnookerEd25

I enjoyed Cliff Wilson's one. Brought a smile to face. Many thanks for these.

Postby Dan-cat

What unusual and interesting footage you've gathered! so good. So far watched the Cliff Wilson and Ray Reardon vids. Ace. Thanks for the hard work you've put in. Gold :)

Postby jopesalmi

Thanks mates, nice to see that people likes these videos.
Amd if you have any ideas to my (hopefully) upcoming videos, please tell me :)

Postby SnookerEd25

Kirk Stevens
Bill Werbeniuk
Tony Knowles...

...would all be good

Postby jopesalmi

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Love to see a Terry Griffiths one. I am going to watch the Reardon one again as I enjoyed it a lot

Im planning, that Terry is the next one. It'll be done maybe next week, because so much work for this week.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

jopesalmi wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:Love to see a Terry Griffiths one. I am going to watch the Reardon one again as I enjoyed it a lot

Im planning, that Terry is the next one. It'll be done maybe next week, because so much work for this week.

Great - looking forward to it, :spot on:

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Dan-cat wrote:Douyg Mountjoy please!!

His renaissance following coaching from Frank Callan was such a brilliant story, winning the UK after years in the wilderness http://snookerscene.blogspot.co.uk/2008 ... -time.html

Great link Dan - enjoyed reading that. I had not realised quite how good DM was as he was overshadowed somewhat across both the 70s and 80s. Heart warming and nostalgic article.

Jopesalami - at the risk of overworking you I would also love to see your craft applied to Doug and also Big Bill

Postby TheSaviour

Allright.

But I am feeling I am now packing it in with snooker. I am finished trying to learn the game anymore. I just never was good enough, either with learning, posting or playing the game.

Postby TheSaviour

BUT isn´t this all a bit of hot and cold - performances?? I think it is. Just like any complete match from someone like Peter Ebdon and Ronnie O´Sullivan. Basically a guaranteed hot and cold - performance.

That´s the way I personally like it. People just seems to be thinking there is a some kind way to play a perfect match or perfect snooker. But realistically there´s no escape rout from the hot and cold - performances. Even some folks just seems to have troubles to admit that. They really should admit that. If that wouldn´t take ba.... and guts then I don´t know what would.

All they should to be able realise is the fact that taking it slightly more ease. Don´t call me every day, call me once in a month. Perhaps then I could really tell you how it has gone.. That´s the only thing he should be realising. There´s a he.. of a lots positives also from his part. A hot and cold - performance. But don´t be pushing it. It´s like if someone phones to Ronnie O´Sullivan every single day and want´s Ronnie to tell about every pot he made on the day. :mood: :mood: :mood: :mood:

Everyone still makes mistakes. If it is a big one or many small ones, or how about your life in generally?? That can be a mistake also.

It has absolutely nothing to with the power. If a single shot is good or not. No-one has to admit anything considering the power. It is played as much safe as that what is perfection or selfiness and what is not.

I would also like to issue a bit of a warning. From now on I will be probably posting here on a daily basis. Because realistically that´s the only communication channel now to me. To make some impact. I will forget about everything else. (Well I will be giving it still a one more go, when it is a late summer.. To see if I can still make it right..).

But currently I am an extremely happy to be where I am. I can´t go to facebook, it is a too late to me. I thought so already a 10 years ago while I thought it was a very topical to me. It´s like being some clueless farmer or a clueless skateboarder. If just having that class it won´t be just going away even if being a clueless farmer for ages. Who never goes abroad. Because knows that only place that really is abroad is Tanzania! The Serengeti, Ngorongoro Crater, Mount Kilimanjaro, Lake Victoria, Arusha National Park..

Well no position is perfect. Because life in general isn´t perfect.

Postby TheSaviour

A one player worth of this would be Rod Lawler. We got hooked up following his playing. Because he always seems to be finding a way to play shots which certainly shouldn´t be played at. A kind of all the different analysis clearly points out at least those shots shouldn´t be played at. So it is interesting. Because he clearly still is a good player, with results, however. He just can´t help himself but it is still fair play to him. He hasn´t done that much anything wrong, it is just a shot selection problem. A consistent, an extremely consistent one.

But Lawler also knows that all the "orders" comes from the top. All of those. So he isn´t doing anything wrong. If analysing it wisely and strickly. It is just our opinion, still, even when a result of a many different analysis, that he choses or finds to way to play the shots that shouldn´t be played at. Lawler knows that. Lawler is also just playing with the rules. With the rules he receives from the great minds. Who are not kidding by any means. Never. Lawler also isn´t kidding by any means. The great minds have the experience, the previous results, the CV, and even the witz.

Postby SnookerEd25

I was with you all the way until the last line, which is clearly codswallop.