Post a reply

Baic Motor China Open Finals !!!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Monday 28th of March ~ Sunday 3rd of April at the Beijing University Students Gymnasium

Ricky Walden is in his second Ranking final in a week this time against Judd Trump who is serching for his second China Open title.

All 3 of Walden's Ranking tittles has come in china can he make it 4?

DRAW

Final

Judd Trump v Ricky Walden Click for Head to Head

Most of the Head to Head has been in championship league their most high profile match to date was at the 2014 Australian Open Quarter Final Trump winning 5-4

ORDER OF PLAY

Image Image

Re: Baic Motor China Open Finals !!!!

Postby eraserhead

Judd should win on paper but his last few finals have been suspect. He was great today but that's gone out the window in the next match during this season.

I think this is an important moment for Judd.

Postby votesforgoats

eraserhead wrote:Judd should win on paper but his last few finals have been suspect. He was great today but that's gone out the window in the next match during this season.

I think this is an important moment for Judd.

True but the trend seemed to be broken in this event as he didn't crumble after good early performances and so far hasn't seemed to struggle with being favourite in matches. However he may well underestimate Walden, like he did Hawkins at the Masters, and so not be sufficiently "up for it". Difficult to predict in what mood/form he will turn up. But even if he does play very well, certainly Walden could also to be fair.

Postby eraserhead

votesforgoats wrote:True but the trend seemed to be broken in this event as he didn't crumble after good early performances and so far hasn't seemed to struggle with being favourite in matches. However he may well underestimate Walden, like he did Hawkins at the Masters, and so not be sufficiently "up for it". Difficult to predict in what mood/form he will turn up. But even if he does play very well, certainly Walden could also to be fair.

I have only seen the Maguire - Trump match due to the times, so I don't know how Judd's been all week.

Wonder if Judd feels more pressure in front of British audiences, he might come out all guns blazing and blow Ricky away.

Looking forward to this final though, not rooting for either so I can just enjoy the show!

Postby TheRocket

Judd Trump has posted this a couple of days ago on twitter. Great city Beijing, isn't it? I really hope that I'll be visiting it one day. And hopefully watching some Live Snooker as well.

Postby hendry_fan

So,the 2 men last standing in this years China Open are Trump and Walden.

If Trump wins,he,ll be on a total of 5 ranking titles and will equal the likes of Maguire,Lee and Reardon on the all time list + he,ll of won the China Open for second time.

If Walden wins,he,ll be on 4 titles.

The last 2 finals both were in,they both lost.

I,m stickin with my the choice i made that i think Trump will win.

Postby eraserhead

I don't understand why Judd will take on a stupid plant and leave everything on, but won't risk a long pot without playing it as a shot to nothing.

Ricky 1-0

Postby SnookerFan

eraserhead wrote:I don't understand why Judd will take on a stupid plant and leave everything on, but won't risk a long pot without playing it as a shot to nothing.

Ricky 1-0

Because he's Judd. Why play the correct shot, when you can attempt a naughty one?

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:Been alright, I guess.

He was playing better than Higgins yesterday, despite the closeness of the score.

it shows how strong Higgins C Game is Ricky out played Higgins and it was only 6-5

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Been alright, I guess.

He was playing better than Higgins yesterday, despite the closeness of the score.

it shows how strong Higgins C Game is Ricky out played Higgins and it was only 6-5

Agreed.