Post a reply

Kaspersky Lab Riga Open (Kreativ Dental Clinic ET 1) !!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Wednesday 29th of July~Sunday 2nd of August at the Arena Riga, Latvia

Riga Open is in it second year and was won in it inaugral year by Mark Selby beating Mark Allen 4-3 in the final.

In this years tournament Mark Selby is back to defend his title against the likes of newly crowned Ausstralia Goldfields Open Winner John Higgins, World Grand Prix Champion Judd Trump, Masters Champion Shaun Murphy and World Champion Stuart Bingham.

Who will win this year?

DRAW

Selected Last 128 Matches
Mark Selby v Sandreson Lam
Andrew Higginson v Hossein Vafaei Ayouri
Mark Allen v Gareth Allen
Jimmy Robertson v Eden Sharav
Kurt Maflin v Sean O'Sullivan
Robin Hull v Tony Drago
Judd Trump v Sydney Wilson
Aditya Mehta v Duane Jones
Michael Holt v Jimmy White
Ian Burns v Jamie Cope
Martin Gould v Martin O'Donnell
Gerard Greene v James Cahill
Mark Williams v Barry Pinches
Oliver Lines v Daniel Wells

ORDER OF PLAY

Image Image

Re: Kaspersky Lab Riga Open (Kreativ Dental Clinic ET 1) !!!

Postby TheSaviour

Interesting to see if Andrew Higginson can still freeze the Middle East challenge there.. Hossein Vafaei Ayouri has been playing some respectable stuff lately. He is interesting as a leaves some quite difficult angles where he should pot the next ball.. But he also has been able to pot those balls.

Some "the truths or the laws" of the snooker are something no-one has quite been able to deny, yet. It is like a a giant box which includes a few things of what one can do and what can´t be done.

But overall, some great first round matches here, and I still think this European Tour can also be sorted out. We still can work it out.

Postby pasunegirafe

AC or LT? wrote:ES dropping the ball on this one. All day friday then a few hours on Saturday. Presumably there's some paint drying on they've deemed more interesting?

And they're showing it on ES2. Didn't they show it on the main ES channel last year? Really disappointing. I'll have to watch it online on my crappy laptop.

Postby SnookerFan

pasunegirafe wrote:
AC or LT? wrote:ES dropping the ball on this one. All day friday then a few hours on Saturday. Presumably there's some paint drying on they've deemed more interesting?

And they're showing it on ES2. Didn't they show it on the main ES channel last year? Really disappointing. I'll have to watch it online on my crappy laptop.

Do you not get ES2?

Postby pasunegirafe

SnookerFan wrote:
pasunegirafe wrote:

Do you not get ES2?

No, in the Netherlands ES2 is part of those add-on tv packages that you have to pay extra for.

Postby PoolBoy

motorhead wrote:Did Mark Williams withdraw? His match is no longer available on bookies

He's still listed on Snooker.org as competing.

I see there were 6 women playing in this tournament. Maybe a record for a competition with ranking points?
4 of them are out after Preliminary round 1, but Corina Maracine (Romania) and Anna Prisjaznuka (Latvia) are just one win away from the main 128 draw.
Indeed, Anna Prisjaznuka had an excellent 4-2 win against Brian Cini - last week he reached the last 16 of the World U21s, so was clearly 'match sharp'!

Postby Andre147

Dan-cat wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Who will win this tournament, I say?

I've dropped a wedge on the Tornado.

I would love that, that would be something... unfortunately he's likely to go out in the early rounds...

Often these early PTCs offer many surprise results when the top players aren't match shap, I'd love if someone like Luca won it.

Postby PoolBoy

PoolBoy wrote:Anna Prisjaznuka won 4-1 against a Lithuanian player, and now plays Mike Dunn in the last 128.

I see that Lukas Kleckers beat his recent German World Cup compatriot Sascha Lippe 4-1 to reach the 128 round.
Looking at the draw, there's only 1 Chinese player (and none from Thailand) entered - Liang Wenbo.

Postby kolompar

Andre147 wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Who will win this tournament, I say?

I've dropped a wedge on the Tornado.

I would love that, that would be something... unfortunately he's likely to go out in the early rounds...

It's OK for me too :D A rematch of their world qualifier two years ago with Hull first.

Postby SnookerFan

Michaela Tabb retweeted the following message;

There are 9 men and 12! women referees this year at #RigaOpen. Thanks to @MichaelaTabb ))

Does this mean that Michaela is refereeing. Or is that just a general thanks because she was a female pioneer type?

Postby kolompar

Dan-cat wrote:C'mon Tony!

Lost the decider on the black after being 3-1 up :sad:

SnookerFan wrote:I lost some respect for Doherty after his ridiculous comments about Bingham after Chalkgate.

What did he say?

And no funny line for me.

Postby SnookerFan

kolompar wrote:What did he say?

And no funny line for me.

That time Ronnie put the chalk on the table during the World Championships, and the referee didn't call a foul, Doherty claimed that Ronnie was blameless. He pointed out that the referee should know the rules, and should've implemented them. (Fair enough, the referee should have.) But he then claimed that Bingham should shoulder some blame for not pointing this out Ronnie's error to the referee.

Again, that would've been fair enough. But several people on Twitter asked for clarification, saying; "Are you saying that Bingham is more to blame for Ronnie breaking the rules than Ronnie himself?" Doherty replied; "Yes." When asked how he could possibly justify this comment, he replied; "All players should be aware of the rules of the game." Again he was asked; "So, Bingham should be aware of the rules, but Ronnie shouldn't?", and "How then can Ronnie be blameless for breaking the rules?"

Doherty's reply; "I stand by my comments."