Post a reply

Re: Kaspersky Lab Riga Open (Kreativ Dental Clinic ET 1) !!!

Postby Andre147

Doherty was a bit of an idiot making those silly comments, the only ones to blame were the ref for not noticing a foul made and Ronnie himself for making it when he should have known it. It was a big deal out of nothing really, the ref didn't spot a foul, period. That happens many other times and no fuss is made about it.

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:Doherty was a bit of an idiot making those silly comments, the only ones to blame were the ref for not noticing a foul made and Ronnie himself for making it when he should have known it. It was a big deal out of nothing really, the ref didn't spot a foul, period. That happens many other times and no fuss is made about it.

Agreed.

I will give Ronnie the benefit of the doubt, in that I don't believe he tried to deliberately parakeet. Also the referee is only human, it was a mistake.

It didn't alter the outcome of the match in Ronnie's favour. Ergo the only memorable bit about it was Dohery's nonsensical comments.

Postby Andre147

Anyway, shame Drago lost on the final black especially after bing 3-1 up... must be a hard one to take.

Anyway, I'm not following this event too much, just seen some results here and there and some of the action on TV. Nice change of shirts for the players, the all black wan't doing it for me.

Postby SnookerFan

Roland wrote:My buddy and team mate in the York league is playing the World Champion on Eurosport tomorrow morning.

We should talk about this more. That's great for your mate. It will be immense exposure for him.

He definitely getting on Eurosport? First match up?

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:Anyway, shame Drago lost on the final black especially after bing 3-1 up... must be a hard one to take.

Anyway, I'm not following this event too much, just seen some results here and there and some of the action on TV. Nice change of shirts for the players, the all black wan't doing it for me.

I never understood why players wore waistcoats and bowties anyway. Can't be comfortable to play in.

What's the need for formality?

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:
Roland wrote:My buddy and team mate in the York league is playing the World Champion on Eurosport tomorrow morning.

We should talk about this more. That's great for your mate. It will be immense exposure for him.

Ashley Hugill? is this Bingo's opponent? I know nothing of him of course, so it will be nice if it's indeed him on TV match, as it should be given the World Champ is involved.

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Anyway, shame Drago lost on the final black especially after bing 3-1 up... must be a hard one to take.

I never understood why players wore waistcoats and bowties anyway. Can't be comfortable to play in.

I think it's needed for the main ranking event to maintain that dress code the sport has always had, but yeah in these PTCs it doesn't need to be all formal.

I didn't quite understand why they dropped the polo shirts 2 seasons ago, I quite liked it.

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

I think it's needed for the main ranking event to maintain that dress code the sport has always had, but yeah in these PTCs it doesn't need to be all formal.

I didn't quite understand why they dropped the polo shirts 2 seasons ago, I quite liked it.

Don't matter at the end of the day, I guess. You watch to see snooker, not for fashion tips.

Postby kolompar

Andre147 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Ashley Hugill? is this Bingo's opponent? I know nothing of him of course, so it will be nice if it's indeed him on TV match, as it should be given the World Champ is involved.

He's played in some PTCs and the Q school. Thought he was a good amateur player. Good luck for him.

Postby Andre147

Clara8633 wrote:
Andre147 wrote:3-1 Doherty. Another Selby comeback looming :john:

Seems unlikely this time.

It always seems unlikely with Selby, but that's when he really makes it count. I would expect Doherty to bottle it given Selby's superior play.

But I hope Ken wins of course. <cool>

Postby motorhead

SnookerFan wrote:
kolompar wrote:What did he say?

And no funny line for me.

That time Ronnie put the chalk on the table during the World Championships, and the referee didn't call a foul, Doherty claimed that Ronnie was blameless. He pointed out that the referee should know the rules, and should've implemented them. (Fair enough, the referee should have.) But he then claimed that Bingham should shoulder some blame for not pointing this out Ronnie's error to the referee.

Again, that would've been fair enough. But several people on Twitter asked for clarification, saying; "Are you saying that Bingham is more to blame for Ronnie breaking the rules than Ronnie himself?" Doherty replied; "Yes." When asked how he could possibly justify this comment, he replied; "All players should be aware of the rules of the game." Again he was asked; "So, Bingham should be aware of the rules, but Ronnie shouldn't?", and "How then can Ronnie be blameless for breaking the rules?"

Doherty's reply; "I stand by my comments."

rofl rofl age is catching up with Ken and he's becoming senile, or he was drunk.

Postby motorhead

Andre147 wrote:
Clara8633 wrote:
Andre147 wrote:3-1 Doherty. Another Selby comeback looming :john:

Seems unlikely this time.

It always seems unlikely with Selby, but that's when he really makes it count. I would expect Doherty to bottle it given Selby's superior play.

But I hope Ken wins of course. <cool>

Selby has clearly other issues, confirmed by his tweet post-match. Pointless to even comment on his match permormances at moment. Hopefully he can sort out everything by the big events this winter.